Author Topic: What are you watching on TV, Internet?  (Read 3824 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
What are you watching on TV, Internet?
« on: July 22, 2021, 07:56:05 PM »

Watching a series of business documentaries. I was making cabbage soup with my Roku in the kitchen on autoplay I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyuJ7UCj99gsAStjVLh3-bw

E.g.
https://youtu.be/ooKSF4shDLc
The Homeless Man Who Created Domino's with His Last $15
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: What are you watching on TV, Internet?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 08:29:29 AM »
Yes, the inspired creation of a CW vet...destroyed by latter-day gutless cultural Marxists obsessed with skin color who claim not to see the approaching genocide...

::upsidedownflag::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 12:39:38 PM »
Naked & Afraid--love how most of the "bad ass" men tap out and the frail woman makes it thru

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 08:36:49 AM »
Crap...something finally looking decent for the first time in what seems like eons...and I have to fork over $ to Amazon?

They really know how to bum a guy out...

Fans of Lee Child’s Jack Reacher books decried casting Tom Cruise as the franchise hero.
https://www.hollywoodintoto.com/lee-child-reacher-interview-masculinity/

Pretty much my biggest beef about the guy outside of his cult...

Anyway...maybe sometime, down the line...if civilization continues...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 11:16:17 AM »
https://youtu.be/ea4zb0j8tFU

Flash Airlines Flight 604 Crashes Immediately After Take-Off | Mayday | Wonder

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 11:47:23 AM »
Crap...something finally looking decent for the first time in what seems like eons...and I have to fork over $ to Amazon?

Fans of Lee Child’s Jack Reacher books decried casting Tom Cruise as the franchise hero.

I don't care about Cruise' cult; he doesn't impose it on me or anyone.  He makes good movies and I liked the one Reacher movie he was in.  So what he's shorter than how Child wrote Reacher, at least he's still White.  And male.

Amazon's upping its fee again to $139, sooooo ....... I dunno about continuing, especially since we haven't watched anything on Prime in months.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2022, 12:09:45 PM »
We just got done watching “Downton Abbey”, all 6 seasons plus the 2019 movie. Enjoyed it very much. It’s a big departure from a lot of the dark, ultra-violent stuff that’s out there now. Lot’s of flawed but very likable characters. The gay guy (but of course, there’s a gay guy) is actually the loathsome villain, rather than today’s version of the “50% of the population is canonized do-no-wrong homosexuals.” He does redeem himself somewhat at the end, but for 99% of the ride, they make it easy to hate his guts.

It’s set in the pre and post WWI era, and focuses on one house in the British aristocracy and the servant class who lives with them. According to this show, this period was the beginning of the end for the do-nothing Lords and Ladies who simply inherited wealth. It’s interesting watching how all the family characters respond to the reality of dwindling power, influence, and money as they face the reality of a changing world, and how the servant class responds to the same events as they see their opportunities for self-improvement enhanced by the changes in the culture.

The on-screen interactions and dialogue between the Dowager Countess and cousin Isabel Crawley is magical; simply magnificent acting and script-writing.

I give it a 9 out of 10, because later in the series, a couple of the plot lines seemed a bit contrived and forced. Nonetheless, one of the better shows I’ve watched in recent years. Nothing gritty or dark about it at all, and I found that refreshing.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2022, 01:04:34 PM »
We just got done watching “Downton Abbey”, all 6 seasons plus the 2019 movie. Enjoyed it very much. It’s a big departure from a lot of the dark, ultra-violent stuff that’s out there now. Lot’s of flawed but very likable characters. The gay guy (but of course, there’s a gay guy) is actually the loathsome villain, rather than today’s version of the “50% of the population is canonized do-no-wrong homosexuals.” He does redeem himself somewhat at the end, but for 99% of the ride, they make it easy to hate his guts.

It’s set in the pre and post WWI era, and focuses on one house in the British aristocracy and the servant class who lives with them. According to this show, this period was the beginning of the end for the do-nothing Lords and Ladies who simply inherited wealth. It’s interesting watching how all the family characters respond to the reality of dwindling power, influence, and money as they face the reality of a changing world, and how the servant class responds to the same events as they see their opportunities for self-improvement enhanced by the changes in the culture.

The on-screen interactions and dialogue between the Dowager Countess and cousin Isabel Crawley is magical; simply magnificent acting and script-writing.

I give it a 9 out of 10, because later in the series, a couple of the plot lines seemed a bit contrived and forced. Nonetheless, one of the better shows I’ve watched in recent years. Nothing gritty or dark about it at all, and I found that refreshing.

Just so.  We're on the last episode, then we'll watch the movie.  We watched the series the first time when it was on broadcast tv and got ourselves the boxed set for Christmas.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2022, 04:02:28 PM »

I don't care about Cruise' cult; he doesn't impose it on me or anyone.  He makes good movies and I liked the one Reacher movie he was in.  So what he's shorter than how Child wrote Reacher, at least he's still White.  And male.

Amazon's upping its fee again to $139, sooooo ....... I dunno about continuing, especially since we haven't watched anything on Prime in months.

Apparently, Cruise has done two Reacher movies and this is what Lee Child had to say about his performances:

"On paper, Jack Reacher is a mountain of a man at six-foot five. The “Mission: Impossible” star … isn’t.

Child took the height differential in stride, refuing to play along with critics. Plus, the British author gained new insights into the character from Cruise’s work in “Jack Reacher” (2012) and “Jack Reacher: Never Go Back” (2016).

“What really surprised me the most about Cruise was how deeply he is into storytelling,” Child says. “For every single scene, [he’s thinking] ‘it’s not how to make myself look better but how to tell the story better’ … I really learned from that.”"

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2022, 08:25:47 PM »
Never liked Cruise. He was like a chipmunk in crystal meth.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2022, 08:36:49 PM »

About the DC 10 cargo door flaw
https://youtu.be/v1Nn6rBuK5s

Watching American Auto on Peacock.

Also Das Boot new TV series on Hulu. Free I think.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2022, 10:25:00 AM »

Apparently, Cruise has done two Reacher movies and this is what Lee Child had to say about his performances:

"On paper, Jack Reacher is a mountain of a man at six-foot five. The “Mission: Impossible” star … isn’t.

Child took the height differential in stride, refuing to play along with critics. Plus, the British author gained new insights into the character from Cruise’s work in “Jack Reacher” (2012) and “Jack Reacher: Never Go Back” (2016).

“What really surprised me the most about Cruise was how deeply he is into storytelling,” Child says. “For every single scene, [he’s thinking] ‘it’s not how to make myself look better but how to tell the story better’ … I really learned from that.”"

Yeah, I read the whole thing...and yes I know I am demanding that book characters (especially key characters) be matched better with actors...and yes I am routinely disappointed on many occasions...and having said that I never denied Tom's acting skill...and it's nice Child says he learned something from him...and I saw the 2 Reacher flicks and they were fine...just the 5'7" thing irritates me as much as technical stuff that in no way exists in the physical universe bugs me (in Earth-grounded flicks...everybody should understand that the stuff in Bond flicks, F&F type flicks, Marvel/DC flicks etc one has to table reality and just enjoy the ride)...and it doesn't stop me from watching...there's just those little irritations rattling around my melon...
 ;)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2022, 11:22:38 AM »

Just so.  We're on the last episode, then we'll watch the movie.  We watched the series the first time when it was on broadcast tv and got ourselves the boxed set for Christmas.

They’re coming out with another movie in March I believe. Looking forward to that as well.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2022, 03:23:09 PM »
As I was disappointed with the expanded inclusion of Thomas Barrow's homosexuality in the current movie, I fully expect more of that in the next.

/stick-in-the-mud Carson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2022, 05:50:18 PM »
As I was disappointed with the expanded inclusion of Thomas Barrow's homosexuality in the current movie, I fully expect more of that in the next.

/stick-in-the-mud Carson
Yeah, they just had to go and virtue signal. I’m so sick of every damn show having to have canonized gay characters. As I said above, if one were to judge only by TV programs in the past 5 years or so, one would assume that at least 50% of all people are gay. As it is, gays are part of real life, so I’m not too bothered when there’s gay characters, in context, not forced into the script. For instance, Robin Williams and Nathan Lane in “The Birdcage” was in my opinion, brilliant comedy, and the whole movie was gay.

But the recent trend to force gays into every single situation and storyline and make them out to be normal at best, and sainted characters with the best virtue of all at worst, makes a lot of TV nowadays unwatchable. That’s why I appreciated the take on Thomas Barrow for MOST of Downton Abbey. He was absolutely the villain. But it made sense in the story. He was a tortured soul, and part of the torture was being gay in the time and circumstance he was in. So to have that aspect played out over and over again as he made wicked decisions to balm some dark need, made sense. I even appreciated the growth of the character as he began to understand that it was his own behavior that made him so disrespected.

But then they had to go and make a “statement”. That’s when they lost me with that character. It was good while it lasted, and it didn’t make me turn against the show. But the fact that they they rose above agenda early on only to make a hamfisted effort at gay apologetics later on definitely goes on the negative side of the balance sheet.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2022, 08:34:11 PM »
Totally hooked on the Stingray 'Popular Classical' & 'Classical Masters' channels! They play in my home office for 6-7-8 hours, daily.

;)
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2022, 08:05:55 AM »
I can't stand watching much of anything for any length...not just because of the poor offerings but because of the grotesque pandering to the fringes and proselytizing to deviancy, skin color and obedience in commercials...

Extrapolating from that noise would have you believe America is mostly black, gay, stupid and Marxist...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2022, 09:40:12 AM »

Watching aviation disaster. Addicting.
https://youtu.be/L-KTV_nMjNY

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2022, 12:14:37 PM »
Been in that type plane many times...never an issue...

But like that pilot passenger...I know enough of jet performance to know some things from my Navy days...had one flight where there must have been something just a little off with engines...they were cycling up and and down...and I knew they were talking to ground mechs trying to figure out what is was to jump on it once landed...flight was fine...but knowing stuff can be a blessing and a curse sometimes...

And getting a pilot to get over a previous incident doesn't always end well...

Still, heck of a job putting a powerless plane down on hard ground with trees around and nobody perishing...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2022, 06:54:26 PM »
Been in that type plane many times...never an issue...

But like that pilot passenger...I know enough of jet performance to know some things from my Navy days...had one flight where there must have been something just a little off with engines...they were cycling up and and down...and I knew they were talking to ground mechs trying to figure out what is was to jump on it once landed...flight was fine...but knowing stuff can be a blessing and a curse sometimes...

And getting a pilot to get over a previous incident doesn't always end well...

Still, heck of a job putting a powerless plane down on hard ground with trees around and nobody perishing...

I remember the above video from long ago because a 'safety' feature on the plane over rode the pilot.
Some ice from the wings went into the engines  and caused them to surge. The proper way to handle that is to reduce power. A new safety feature unknown to the airline and pilots sensed this and increased power to the engines and caused the crash. There was a way to disable the new safety feature.