Author Topic: More apostates  (Read 873 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
More apostates
« on: September 14, 2021, 03:14:11 PM »
https://nationalfile.com/evangelical-lutheran-church-in-america-appoints-transgender-bishop/

Satan running rampant...

Has to be The End Times, right?

Fine, Jesus needs to get down here pronto and start whuppin' some demons!!!   ::praying::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: More apostates
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 03:40:19 PM »
After a while, one runs out of things to say about the UNsanity running rampant in this country and the world ..........

Pray.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Lady Virginia

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 04:50:53 PM »
"America’s traditional Mainline Protestant denominations are bleeding out so quickly they will likely be gone within 20 years. That is not my prediction, but their own. The ELCA (the main Lutheran branch) projects they’ll only have 16,000 worshippers by 2041; the PCUSA (the main Presbyterian branch) lost almost 40% of their members in the last decade, causing one analyst to note, “At its current rate of shrinkage the PC(USA) will not exist in about 20 years;” and data for the Episcopal Church shows the same 20-year timeline until the denomination runs out of people in the pews.

More conservative denominations used to chuckle at these headlines and say, “If only they preached the Gospel instead of liberal activism, they’d be growing like us.” But they don’t say that anymore. The Southern Baptist Convention, the largest of the Evangelical churches, has lost 14% of their members since 2006; the Methodists are losing members while in the middle of a brutal split; and for Catholics, according to Bishop Robert Barron while speaking at the 2019 bishops’ annual conference, “Half the kids that we baptized and confirmed in the last 30 years are now ex-Catholics or unaffiliated.”

https://www.crisismagazine.com/2021/live-like-the-amish

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 05:53:59 PM »
I've got a Byzantine Orthodox Catholic Church not too far from me and I was hoping to get my butt there, however, their website states they mask up during services because the town has a mask mandate.

Feh.   ::gaah::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 12:43:24 AM »
My church just left the RCA  (Reformed Church of America).   

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 07:51:55 AM »
My church just left the RCA  (Reformed Church of America).

I was, literally, just speaking with my wife about a reformed church in the area. The pastor is also a volunteer fire-fighter -- I got to meet him during some pretty terrific flooding in our area from hurricane Henri. He's a nice guy 'n all but I wouldn't attend his church. The Reformed Church seems to give weight to the books of the Apocrypha -- is that correct?

Why did your church leave?
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2021, 06:52:02 PM »
The Reformed Church seems to give weight to the books of the Apocrypha -- is that correct?

No,  absolutely not.  That's a Roman Catholic thing.   

Why did your church leave?

Because there is no way to stop individual churches (and whole classis) from not following the rules of the denomination.   

On paper the RCA is very Biblically conservative and the vast majority of the people are as well.     But we have a small
and vocal group of very liberal churches (mainly in NYC and the northeast)  that have allowed things like gay marriage etc.   Many in the denominational HQ are very liberal as well.     When told it's against the rules they refuse to stop.   

There is no way to make them stop or remove them from the denomination.   They won't leave and in fact told some of our people they intend to change the overall denomination.     We have spent the last 15 years trying to make changes but its been unsuccessful.    So it's time to go when its still possible (not that its easy) to leave (some of those liberals want to make it hard to leave). 

We will most likely join a new denomination that is forming that will probably consist of about 250 churches leaving the RCA and CRC.  The CRC being the Christian Reformed Church,  which is another very similar reformed denomination with similar issues.     

So its basically the same battle most older "mainline" denominations are having.   They got infiltrated by leftists starting in the 1960's.   

In a lot of ways we didn't fit well anymore with the RCA.   Most RCA's are single location churches with 150-200 members and Sunday attendance of about 350-400.   My church has five locations,  about 6,000 members and 10,000 attendance. 

We were by far the largest church in the denomination.   The former Crystal Cathedral had been the long time largest in the RCA during the 1970's until the 90's (and most well known due to its TV ministries) but the remaining members of that church have also left the RCA as well. 

We really don't want to leave,  but we are basically getting pushed out.     
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 06:58:23 PM by richb »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 07:54:09 AM »
Been there, done that before...well a coupe before's, Rich...it's not fun...but when they lose thier way you have no choice but to lose them...

As for Apocrypha...been reviewing that stuff a little here and there as I have time...it's a bit of a mish-mash...some makes sense in a traditional biblical sense and some doesn't...as with anything the "weight" applied is up to your own best judgement...so far just finding it mildly interesting...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.