Author Topic: Nation's report card  (Read 1464 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Nation's report card
« on: June 15, 2011, 06:37:21 PM »
Heard about this today.  Haven't had time to study it--got to take the little squirts to the library but I did see the sample questions page:

link
clink on one of the 491 samples to get an actual question
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
Re: Nation's report card
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 07:29:22 PM »
F..................F......................F............................ ::cussing::[/b]
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 07:33:42 PM »
There's your crack gubmint IT staff at work. Need to check their ASP.NET application pools.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 09:41:31 PM »
Here's one that's listed as "hard":

Give two different and specific reasons why some people from other countries want to come and live in the United States today.

I await your responses.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 10:03:17 PM »

When asked why he wanted to be an American the Ethiopian replied,
"I want to live in a country where the poor people are fat."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 10:08:16 PM »
That's easy, because 1) there is no opportunity for a better life thanks to endemic white racism, and 2) we have a primitive health care system run by heartless robber-barons who let the poor die in the gutters.

/s

That's a characteristic of leftists anyway...totally able to hold contradictory and mutually exclusive positions at the same time. They're able to breathlessly state that on the one hand, we're such a horrible and bigoted country, while on the other hand we better not curtail our heavy immigration. Did it ever occur to them if we were as horrible as they attest, we wouldn't need to worry about immigration?

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 10:13:11 PM »

Give two different and specific reasons why some people from other countries want to come and live in the United States today.

I await your responses.

They have no borders and they give you stuff for free.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 11:52:23 PM »

I await your responses.

Foodstamps and spinners.....and Walmart.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 12:11:47 AM »

I await your responses.

" ... that little faggot with the earring and the makeup .... ".

" ... get money for nothing the chicks for free .... ".

Er .... that's more than two.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 07:44:01 AM »

I await your responses.

The freedom to set up foreign enclaves with which to eventually overtake your society and government?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 07:20:05 PM »

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 11:58:04 PM »

Criminy!

In each of the following areas, for example, officeholders do more poorly than non-officeholders:

* Seventy-nine percent of those who have been elected to government office do not know the Bill of Rights expressly prohibits establishing an official religion for the U.S.

* Thirty percent do not know that “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” are the inalienable rights referred to in the Declaration of Independence.

* Twenty-seven percent cannot name even one right or freedom guaranteed by the First Amendment.

* Forty-three percent do not know what the Electoral College does. One in five thinks it either “trains those aspiring for higher political office” or “was established to supervise the first televised presidential debates.”

* Fifty-four percent do not know the Constitution gives Congress the power to declare war. Thirty-nine percent think that power belongs to the president, and 10% think it belongs to the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

* Only 32% can properly define the free enterprise system, and only 41% can identify business profit as “revenue minus expenses.”

I'd like to see a breakdown between the two Parties.
We've been talking about qualifying voters, such as owning real property, or taking some sort of civics test.  - Maybe that ought to be a two bi-systemic qualifier?

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 12:12:24 AM »
I got 100%, and most of it was basic stuff. That our supposed elites like "college educators" and "elected office holders" score so poorly is just one more indicator of how screwed up this country is.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 07:37:42 AM »
I guess we are just expected to enjoy circling the drain...really, what else is the purpose of publishing this information?

/

::unknowncomic::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 09:42:33 AM »
I guess we are just expected to enjoy circling the drain...really, what else is the purpose of publishing this information?

/

I guess we're supposed to react in horror at the nation's report card story and therefore assume it's because we're not funding education enough--but the jokes on the taxpayer--they don't even teach this stuff in school so of course they can't answer correctly.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 10:10:33 AM »

/

I guess we're supposed to react in horror at the nation's report card story and therefore assume it's because we're not funding education enough--but the jokes on the taxpayer--they don't even teach this stuff in school so of course they can't answer correctly.

Yes, and the joke has been on the taxpayer for quite some time, and it has frustrated me that this has been allowed to go on for so long, and I am now nearly completely resigned that the situation is unrecoverable...the idiots are winning...

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 10:13:09 AM »

/

Yes, and the joke has been on the taxpayer for quite some time, and it has frustrated me that this has been allowed to go on for so long, and I am now nearly completely resigned that the situation is unrecoverable...the idiots are winning...

Or the idiots have their backs to the wall and are fighting for their life.

::death-throes::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 10:19:42 AM »

/

To complete that picture one would have to assume people are capable of opening their eyes, able to recognize the opportunity given them and able to utilize the kill instinct I suspect is all too lacking in latter day Americans!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 03:16:32 PM »

/

To complete that picture one would have to assume people are capable of opening their eyes, able to recognize the opportunity given them and able to utilize the kill instinct I suspect is all too lacking in latter day Americans!

Not Rolling Thunder but more like Rolling Blunder, the both of them.