Author Topic: PJ O’Rourke 74  (Read 549 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
PJ O’Rourke 74
« on: February 16, 2022, 09:54:54 AM »

PJ O’Rourke 74
https://voxday.net/2022/02/16/rip-pj/

“Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.”
    “If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it’s free.”
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.”
    “Authority has always attracted the lowest elements in the human race. All through history, mankind has been bullied by scum. Those who lord it over their fellows and toss commands in every direction and would boss the grass in the meadow about which way to bend in the wind are the most depraved kind of prostitutes. They will submit to any indignity, perform any vile act, do anything to achieve power.”
    “The Clinton administration launched an attack on people in Texas because those people were religious nuts with guns. Hell, this country was founded by religious nuts with guns.”
    “No one has ever had a fantasy about being tied to a bed and sexually ravished by someone dressed as a liberal”
    “God created a free universe. He could have created any kind of universe he wanted. But a universe without freedom would have been static and meaningless — the taxpayer-funded-art-in-public-places universe.”
    “You can’t get good Chinese takeout in China and Cuban cigars are rationed in Cuba. That’s all you need to know about communism.”
    “Foreigners may pretend otherwise, but if English is spoken loudly enough, anyone can understand it.“

Link to outrageous offensive  post on Israelis. He loved hyperbole as you can tell.
https://social.infogalactic.com/images/posts/a7dd64cb-7c28-45ea-8914-8bb14c7a8721/original-04344e38dc79d61f3e93f8489c24208e.jpg?v=63812239853
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: PJ O’Rourke 74
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 10:13:09 AM »
CTH member posted a notice about this...

R.I.P. honored Rebel.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 12:39:47 PM »
CTH member posted a notice about this...

R.I.P. honored Rebel.

I do not remember that one. I remember the HS year book of course. Also the Doggy Wog issue. US dogs eat better than kids in India? So why not make Indian children into dog food for US dogs? They did for that issue.

I did read a couple of his books. I recall his wife was black?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 05:31:42 PM »
I still have Parliament of Whores.  Truer than ever.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 06:30:01 PM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2022, 06:53:27 PM »
Psycho!
Quickie!
Madison Avenue JOnes!
 ::laughonfloor::

Wasn't :Larry Kroeger the name of the character of the kid in Animal House?

That dog cover is so familiar, I probably had it one time long ago and chucked it...along with all my MAD & CRACKED magazines... Probably collector items now...  ::facepalm::

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2022, 07:05:09 PM »

My late father and I would read Mad and laugh so hard. My mom did not think it was funny.
I remember the National Lampoon year book page with the foreign exchange student on it.

The foreign exchange student was Ddb Lzmdc Ouaejk (except with about five diacritical marks randomly placed over various letters), and her nickname was "Alphabits." She rubbed peanut butter cups into her clothes and combed her hair with a fork. I loved the picture of her with her AFS family, staring at her in terror. You never found out exactly what country she was from (though in the 39th anniversary report you find out it's called Umbrellastan and she's been elected President for Life).

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2022, 12:31:46 PM »

H/T-WZ