Author Topic: This irritates me because I've been flogging this pony for almost 40 years!  (Read 406 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2023/01/18/steven-crowder-goes-to-the-mattresses-against-big-con/

"The Suits"...

::outrage::

I've been howling at them and the "conservatives" of less-limited means to get into media ownership and be free of any/all interference in what happens in programming.

Perhaps the best example of this battle was early on with Rush.  Rush realized the media landscape in radio afforded him more freedom of content than any other...and he grew from a local broadcast to a national one and he attracted millions in the "silent majority" and the profitability was only possible through its content success which was undeniably generated by Rush himself.  He was in most respects "untouchable".  Podcasts and streaming channels are a roughly similar format.

Flash-forward to Rush's TV show.  Loved it, millions did, it was awesome because you could see Rush's expressions in the stories and people he was discussing.  But...The Suits wanted to keep him confined into the dead of night timeslots.  Rush said no and stayed with what didn't punish him,.

Now...these latter day "channels" are being financial squeezed by The Suits...they are financially marginalizing/deplatforming voices as a means to regulate/censor/gag these voices.

It really gets me steamed.  People need to have control of themselves and their content, period.  BigEverything needs to be told to bugger off and totally bypassed.

The rebellion must continue, expand and swamp The Suits and out-flank BigEverything.

I hope Crowder and others can help voices that deserve to be heard and need to be heard are heard.   ::praying::

On a related note...this reaffirms the time is now to hear anti-establishment voices...

https://youtu.be/9gHwe180s-U

...I think he's right, The Matrix (The Suits and their minions) is glitching...they are unable to alter the thirst people have for genuine truth...even if some speaking are not personally perfect...proof that "the message" is more important than the messenger...

This crack is worth exploiting...making it a dam-burst.

If not now, when?  When it's even more too late?  No, now!

Break chains, fiercely embrace your God-given rights!

Deus Vult!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 09:43:01 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
I watched about 3/4 of that yesterday before I got busy and had to break away. It’s hard not to wonder exactly who he was skewering. One could just assume that he was speaking of a blanket phenomenon plaguing conservative media, but methinks he was being specific without saying it, and that a specific confrontation put him over the edge. If I was gonna guess, I’d say Ben Shapiro.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
Vox Day has lots of examples of where the  giants of industry chose political goals instead of money. The excuse that the giants are just chasing money is not true.

I don't like Ben Shapiro. I think  he is the controlled opposition..

Here is VD on Crowder maybe the same thing as above.
https://voxday.net/2023/01/19/why-they-take-the-ticket/

https://www.outkick.com/daily-wire-offered-podcast-host-steven-crowder-50-million-inside-their-dispute/
Boreing posted the video in response to comments Crowder made on Tuesday about an unnamed conservative media company offering him a contract that contained, what he described as, penalties if Big Tech were to demonetize his content.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 07:26:06 PM by patentlymn »
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
I think Clay Travis & Buck Sexton were poor excuses for a Rush Limbaugh "replacement".

IMO, Jesse Kelly is the best void-filler, sans Rush.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
I think Clay Travis & Buck Sexton were poor excuses for a Rush Limbaugh "replacement".

Rush was the indispensable man. He was the loudest voice who unapologetically loves this country and drew the boldest line to its Christian origins. He was the one man on the Right who set the example for all conservatism. Looking at it from 30,000 feet, it seems to me that the evil went into overdrive at the moment of his passing. I think God spared him the pain of watching the country he so boldly defended go up in flames.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Just as I suspected… although it was no great leap of logic to arrive at my conclusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG9BFUEoy1I

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Rush was the indispensable man. He was the loudest voice who unapologetically loves this country and drew the boldest line to its Christian origins. He was the one man on the Right who set the example for all conservatism. Looking at it from 30,000 feet, it seems to me that the evil went into overdrive at the moment of his passing. I think God spared him the pain of watching the country he so boldly defended go up in flames.

Definitely, and I think you could see evil going into overdrive from a lot lower altitude.  Rush was spared this agony, fortunately so were my parents.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Just as I suspected… although it was no great leap of logic to arrive at my conclusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG9BFUEoy1I

Heh, I like the "Who when they are doing 'right' does anyone say 'it's just business'?" I think better than the opening "outed themselves right away" quip.

The Ben & Jeremy operation is playing in the oppositions pond...if you are truly for "the movement" and "principles" and giving people the unfettered, unfiltered, not dis-incentivized un-censored truth you are not going to operate in a corrupt BigTech game or be beholden to anybody else in any way.

Simple!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

H/T's-WZ