Author Topic: US vs Russia in hypersonics  (Read 362 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
US vs Russia in hypersonics
« on: March 30, 2023, 05:18:18 PM »
Andre is  some Russian born, grumpus, educated at some Russian military naval place as I recall.

At 10:45 he starts in the lack of US hypersonic weapons development over thee years.
Around 19:30 he cites some Zumwalt memoir. Z said the decision to drop cruise missile dev in 1950s was the worst  decision ever. Maybe influenced by the 'aviators union.'
https://youtu.be/V4awwIOIg4A?t=652
 Hypersonic Incompetence.
smoothieX12
35.6K subscribers
2.9K views  1 hour ago
Dedollarization in full swing. Admiral Zumwalt's fears realized.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
Re: US vs Russia in hypersonics
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 05:45:48 PM »
at 27:30 he goes into RU air defense.

https://youtu.be/V4awwIOIg4A?t=1639

at 28 min he goes nuts.
Something about Ukr launched Groan-2, a poor mans iskander. Shot down with tor-M2, a low level weapon.
https://youtu.be/V4awwIOIg4A?t=1639

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023, 08:27:19 AM »
Zumwalt was a bit of a maverick, like Rickover but perhaps less abrasive.  Anyway, look at drones...those had to start small...air jockey's understandably not fond of change that takes a man out of a machine...and to the point where a human should be making ultimate decisions on lethal execution there is a good point there not to lose sight of...so our tech advances largely skipped over advanced missile tech beyond the standard array deployed for decades.

That and I don't know, cockyness, hubris...self-delusion the REMFs didn't think it was needed or manageable given the usual appetite for toys they like and want.

Given expertise, it shouldn't be that hard to catch up in hypersonics, but I do not think the current batch of boot-licking REMFs is capable of focusing on the project given the many demands and distractions they are responsible for from drag queen hour for the troopers kiddies to throwing weapons and ammo away in the black hole of Ukraine.

We can sum this up to the broader DeepState/DemoCommie/Cuck total fustercluck and complete shi!tshow SOP's we've come to know and despise.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2023, 02:42:04 PM »

I know nothing. Just found the above. Agree with all you said. One gem was that US was short of engineers to handle this. Maybe that was from RWA, curmudgeon Andre. Goal of Colonels is to satisfy generals.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2023, 04:32:34 PM »
Yup, politics, pet projects...campaign contributions...you know, corruption.  Other countries do it too, but the ones typically more authoritarian make the budget priorities easier to make...

Really, that is the sole difference...

Well, that and their politicians don't sellout their nation by letting/giving tech secrets to potential foes...the Clinton, Obama & Biden regimes being the most generous by far!

::outrage::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2023, 07:17:21 PM »
i wonder about Russian weapons development sometimes. If US designers worked under Soviet rules?
Here is my version
RU Make us weapon that work or you and family go to gulag.
US Make us weapon. If you screw up we throw more money at you.

Some of these RU weapons designers worked from the gulags/camps I understand.

Many early US weapons designers had their names associated with their guns. Colt. Smith & Wesson. Henry. Garand. Browning. Gatling. Sharps. Most of those names are not on modern US weapons.

I was watching that Russian launch that screwed up and the crew, including 1 US, safely ejected. They mentioned the Kondratiev Cross, the pattern formed when the 4 side boosters separate. I realized that was named after a person. A designer.

So back in the day, Soviet era, the land of collectivism gave pride of place to individual designers. MIG. Sukhoi. Kalsihnikov. Mosin-Nagantt. Tokarev. Makarov.

In the land of rugged individualism? The recent example is Abrams, a general. What is going on?