Author Topic: Gordon Lightfoot  (Read 337 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Gordon Lightfoot
« on: May 02, 2023, 06:51:13 AM »
He has passed, but his legend lives on from the Chippewa on down, of the big lake they call Gitcheegoomee…

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/nation-world/gordon-lightfoot-canadian-folk-singer-dies/507-1bc7bcf8-8648-414a-acac-1ef7077b4bfc
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Gordon Lightfoot
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 08:15:16 AM »
He was more than one song, guy had talent and came up with a sound all his own and I think he wrote most of his songs, right?  The lyrics in his songs are...vivid I guess is the word I have for it, and made all the better by his ethereal voice.

R.I.P.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 08:31:27 AM »
One at a time they go ............

Who is going to remember today's music makers, and for what?

RIP, Music Man.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2023, 02:01:08 PM »
He was in the hospital for something like a year, a while back, wasn't he?  Managed to get better and get back out performing.

RIP.