Author Topic: "Dark Fleet" Tankers  (Read 188 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
"Dark Fleet" Tankers
« on: June 09, 2023, 12:39:04 PM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/venezuelas-secret-weapon-dark-fleet-oil-tankers

Using older tankers, failing inspections when they hit non-dark fleet enabling ports, running blind...

Gosh, what could go wrong?

Polluting seas and harbors, shady crews and operators doing who knows what else in the dark...

Also, if these ghost ships were to be seized/sunk by privateers...for basically operating as pirates/contraband runners...nobody could squawk about it right?

The more this goes on the more we'll find out...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
Re: "Dark Fleet" Tankers
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 03:06:47 PM »
Russia has a lot of these. I think Greece has a huge fleet of tankers, likely legit.
I understand there is a lot of on the seas oil transfers. 
I recall there was a Norwegian NATO frigate that had turned off its location transponder and had entered a busy fjord. It hit an oil tanker and sank. I recall listening to the audio. The frigate showed up on radar and people were yelling over the radio to no avail.

The people responsible were not named, maybe because they were women.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
Re: "Dark Fleet" Tankers
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 04:38:23 PM »
What little I know about the oil tankers I heard on The Duran. Both guys are from Greece and one is ex lawyer. I think most countries and ports require a tanker to be insured to enter. I think the insurance companies are good at evaluating risk. Most such insurance companies are located in London.

I think the oil price cap was to be implemented by only insuring the oil up to the price cap. This was to be forced on insurance companies.  So, countries not going along with the price cap would have to find other insurance or insure the oil themselves, thereby reducing London's big share of the market.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown