Author Topic: Russian helicopter with ejection seats.  (Read 350 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
Russian helicopter with ejection seats.
« on: July 05, 2023, 06:47:13 PM »
I found this cool. The alligator has explosive charges in the rotor hubs.
1. Blow the rotors.
2. Blow the canopy.
3. Eject.

Ejection at 2:45 min
https://youtu.be/PB0gkfPub94?t=167

I knew a B-52 EWO. If they ejected too low the EWO and radar navigator got turned into jam as they ejected downward.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Russian helicopter with ejection seats.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 08:14:03 AM »
I like how the rockets on one seat hit the other dude in the face...

Next...the convertible tank...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 04:31:46 PM »
I like how the rockets on one seat hit the other dude in the face...

Next...the convertible tank...

I saw that too. It looked like that to me also.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 04:44:22 PM »

I knew a B-52 EWO. If they ejected too low the EWO and radar navigator got turned into jam as they ejected downward.

I was a B-52G Gunner in the early 80's.  The cockpit was divided up into 3 stations, Pilots (Pilot and Co-Pilot), up front on the main deck, of course, the defensive team (EWO and Gunner) on the aft main deck facing aft, and the Nav team (Navigator and Radar Navigator) on the lower deck facing forward.  The Nav and Radar Nav had downward ejecting seats.  needed a minimum of 200 ft AGL for them to eject and survive.
Eschew Obfuscation

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 05:00:37 PM »

I was a B-52G Gunner in the early 80's.  The cockpit was divided up into 3 stations, Pilots (Pilot and Co-Pilot), up front on the main deck, of course, the defensive team (EWO and Gunner) on the aft main deck facing aft, and the Nav team (Navigator and Radar Navigator) on the lower deck facing forward.  The Nav and Radar Nav had downward ejecting seats.  needed a minimum of 200 ft AGL for them to eject and survive.

Nor sure what model this was, It was SAC. I got a tour through one in the MI UP.
It chilled me. I recall the EWO saying he flew backwards in the dark? My memory is not perfect. Maybe when he a navigator?

What chilled me?
1. The thermal curtains in the cockpit. The active planes on the runway had all but 2 pulled already they said. Those got pulled after wheels up? Why? Because the SAC base would be a fireball real soon.

2. Some nipple in the ceiling to receive the sextant to navigate because the satellites etc would be fried.  The EWO was trained as a navigator also? Had to practice the sextant lots.

3. Downward looking radar. Why? If primary was already cratered then go on to secondary target.

Geez....

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2023, 01:32:58 PM »

Nor sure what model this was, It was SAC. I got a tour through one in the MI UP.
It chilled me. I recall the EWO saying he flew backwards in the dark? My memory is not perfect. Maybe when he a navigator?

What chilled me?
1. The thermal curtains in the cockpit. The active planes on the runway had all but 2 pulled already they said. Those got pulled after wheels up? Why? Because the SAC base would be a fireball real soon.

2. Some nipple in the ceiling to receive the sextant to navigate because the satellites etc would be fried.  The EWO was trained as a navigator also? Had to practice the sextant lots.

3. Downward looking radar. Why? If primary was already cratered then go on to secondary target.

Geez....

I was in SAC also, at that time SAC was a stand alone Command not like today. What year was your visit to KI Sawyer??  If it was early 80's they had H model B-52's, same crew layout, just different guns and engines.  Yes the defense team sat facing aft and though we had lighting we rarely used them since we both were staring at CRT's and had backlit panels.  EW's are classified as navigators, and there was a sextant port in the top of the fuselage between his ejection seat and mine.  Every mission we did a leg of star shots for navigation and the EW took those star shots.  The bomb nav radar was fwd, side and downward looking.  We launched SRAM's (Short Range Attack Missiles) as well as ALCM'S (Air launched Cruise Missiles), SRAM's had a range equivalent to the radars max range and things get fuzzy at max range on radar and the missiles had surface maps loaded into their guidance system for terrain following.  Craters along their flight path were expected and there was an algorithm in the missiles nav system to account for possible earlier strikes, but if our primary target was taken out as another sorties secondary target we would not know without the radar.  Cruise missiles were another set of algorithms but you would expect multiple hits on those targets.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2023, 03:44:45 PM »
Well, helicopters aside...

Those Russian oligarchs get all the good skirt...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY913nhu3SA

Pretty sure most of them are not average Igor types...some might be rentals...

Pretty sure their "protection" isn't far off too...

Anyway, probably fun to party with shot-callers there...and roll in their yankee imperialist and decadent euro cars...

Maybe ya mashina...

https://youtu.be/AwDKLEaJxMk

::hysterical::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2023, 04:19:08 PM »
You would need a ladder for that tall blonde. Geez.
Both are good clips. The movie trailer looks good. I will somehow see it plus the Baker and No Hard Feelings.

Also, Lost in Moscow has some good clips. Notice the lack of diversity.
https://youtu.be/SAWUf7CPCK4?t=1574

My impressions of foreign countries are mostly formed from non govt video clips. ADVChina, Indigo Traveler, Bald and Bankrupt, etc. Many countries are better than I thought. Cuba was much worse.

If you ever want  a good Russian movie, watch Brat. Made for $10K as I recall? Eng. Subtitles.

Trailer
https://youtu.be/6U1W7gHTA9g
part 1/8
https://youtu.be/iw6cDYEd8Dw?list=PLj690lJe6vyf_F-MuIk56ZF4_QeqOO4iK

If you want a cheesy, romantic movie like Disney used to make, try Scarlet Sails, with Eng. subtitles.
https://youtu.be/Mhz-bn1ys4Y