Author Topic: History of Ukraine  (Read 93 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
History of Ukraine
« on: February 10, 2024, 05:17:36 PM »
I had heard that Ukraine rewrote the history of Ukraine and that Russians find it funny. Some woman was born in Lvov USSR and was educated in Ukraine and said they got a new history book every year as it was rewritten.I never heard an example but here it is. Kiev has passed laws promising to punish teachers who teach the Russian curriculum after kiev wins the war.

You might need telegram desktop to see the comment video. RU diplomat reads from Ukr text book at UN.
https://t.me/putingers_cat/8802?comment=207644

Another example but not sure if it is accurate.
https://t.me/putingers_cat_chat/207601

https://telegra.ph/From-the-history-of-UkraineJesus-Christ-was-Ukrainian-11-11
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
Re: History of Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2024, 08:24:08 PM »
from 8th grade text book
French, Jews, Spaniards all come from Ukr descendants.

Ukrainians and Poles are slavs. RU are finno-ugric

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
Re: History of Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2024, 09:21:54 PM »
from 8th grade text book
French, Jews, Spaniards all come from Ukr descendants.

Ukrainians and Poles are slavs. RU are finno-ugric
Belarusians are not slavs

Ukr people are 140,000 years old

Also, I heard that Ukraine was a geographic term, like New England. It means the border or the frontier of the Russian empire.

Putin said that the term Ukrainian was not ethnic in the past but a geographic description as they lived along "the border" of the Russian empire."ie. "the Ukraine."  That makes sense now since I have heard often about how many Russians have relatives in Ukraine and visa versa so ethnic/genetic differentiation seems almost impossible. . This whole ethnic Ukrainian thing seems recent and kinda fake . There are lots of videos where rabid Ukr language advocates can barely speak Ukrainian. Zelensky speaks crappy Ukrainian, learned very late in life.  IMO Ukr people speak mostly Russian in the east and in the big cities. Ukr lang is more central and rural.

My brother knew a couple from Ukr in Chicago, which has LOTS of Ukrainians. The couple were from Lvov and spoke Russian and Polish.

I just try to figure things out. The whole genetic/ethnic Ukr thing made no sense. I understand the difference between the RU vs Ukr speakers. I watched lots of videos often from telegram. One woman from Donbass fled west to central or western Ukraine. She returned to Donbass because the locals treated her and her husband like dirt as they spoke Russian.

I have often seen videos of school children singing nasty NAZI inspired songs. I think that after the 2014 coup, the RU TV stations were shut down and TV pumped out poison for years.

I took an anthropology course in college and never got over it. I watch video bloggers now. Bald and Bankrupt visited Georgia. The older people speak Georgian and Russian. The younger speak Georgian and English. Also other languages in the remote villages.. It seems that younger folk speak the languages of empires and older languages die out. Russian, now English, Mandarin.