Author Topic: Obama Will 'Co-Invest' Tax Dollars in Corporate-Government Partnership  (Read 2590 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
... citing as an example of what is needed to rebuild the American economy an initiative he announed Friday to "invest" tax dollars in what he called a "partnership" between the federal government and an initial group of 11 major corporations.

"The administration's corporate partners in this venture include Caterpiller, Corning, Dow Chemical, Ford, Honeywell, Intel, Johnson and Johnson, Allegheny Technologies, Stryker and Proctor and Gamble.

In addition to the 11 corporations, the administration also picked a small group of universities to participate in the government-corporate partnership. These include the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Stanford University, the University of California-Berkeley and the University of Michigan. The White House did not say how these universities were selected."

The largest single element of the partnership program, as described in the White House statement, will have the Departments of Commerce, Agriculture, Homeland Security, Energy and Defense spending an estimated $300 milion in tax dollars to "co-invest with industry" in the development of products including "small high-powered batteries" and "alternative energy."

"Starting this summer, the Departments of Defense, Homeland Security, Energy, Agriculture, Commerce and other agencies will coordinate a government-wide effort to leverage their existing funds and future budgets, with an initial goal of $300 million, to co-invest with industry in innovative technologies that will jumpstart domestic manufacturing capability essential to our national security and promote the long-term economic viability of critical U.S. industries," said the White House statement. "Initial investments include small high-powered batteries, advanced composites, metal fabrication, bio-manufacturing, and alternative energy, among others."

500 million for this.  I wonder if Caterpillar knows they've been chosen as a beneficiary of Duh Wun's largesse.

The piece goes on to include the following:

The White House said the creation of the government-corporate partnership program was based on a recomendation by the President's Council of Advisers on Science and Technology (PCAST). PCAST is co-chaired by John Holdren, head of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy.

In Human Ecology: Problems and Solutions, a 1973 book that he co-authored with Paul Ehrlich and Anne H. Ehrlich, Holdren and his co-authors wrote: “A massive campaign must be launched to restore a high-quality environment in North America and to de-develop the United States."

“De-development means bringing our economic system (especially patterns of consumption) into line with the realities of ecology and the global resource situation,” Holdren and the Ehrlichs wrote.

“Resources must be diverted from frivolous and wasteful uses in overdeveloped countries to filling the genuine needs of underdeveloped countries," Holdren and his co-authors wrote. "This effort must be largely political, especially with regard to our overexploitation of world resources, but the campaign should be strongly supplemented by legal and boycott action against polluters and others whose activities damage the environment. The need for de-development presents our economists with a major challenge. They must design a stable, low-consumption economy in which there is a much more equitable distribution of wealth than in the present one. Redistribution of wealth both within and among nations is absolutely essential, if a decent life is to be provided for every human being.”

In a videotaped interview with CNSNews.com in September 2010, reporter Nicholas Ballays asked Holdren what he meant by a campaign to de-develop the United States.

“What we meant by that was stopping the kinds of activities that are destroying the environment and replacing them with activities that would produce both prosperity and environmental quality," said Holdren. "Thanks a lot.”

Ballasy followed-up: “And how do you plan on implementing that?”

“Through the free market economy,” Holdren said.

This a s s hole believes reshaping our country through central planning is "free market".

I have no idea any longer where the hell I'm living. 

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
As for those partners...

BOYCOTT!!!

Say "Hell No!" to crony-capitalism!

::cussing::

::mooning::

::angry::

::rockets::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
If I'm one of the "chosen"...I'm running like hell.

Take money, take orders from obamaites. Soon, he'll be firing the executives.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Good Lord. Any one of these companies who agrees with this had better be prepared to be repeatedly ass-raped by the devil himself, because that's who they're handing the tube of vaseline.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Bunch of modern day Krupps taking their production and labor orders from the state. Hmm, continuing on this parallel, would that make the Chevy Volt Obama's very own version of "the People's Car"?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Yes.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Don't call it crony capitalism.  It's straight-up fascism.

(That's a word that has been greatly devalued, since leftists have turned it into an epithet for anyone who disagrees with them.  Few people know what it really means.)
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

charlesoakwood

Quote[blockquote]
"Starting this summer, the Departments of Defense, Homeland Security, Energy, Agriculture, Commerce and other agencies will coordinate a government-wide effort to leverage their existing funds and future budgets, with an initial goal of $300 million, to co-invest with industry in innovative technologies that will jumpstart domestic manufacturing capability essential to our national security and promote the long-term economic viability of critical U.S. industries,"
[/blockquote]

Not to be argumentative but he does not believe anything of the kind.  The quote are words he has chosen to express his actions to the masses and to the sophistic sluts of history.

What he said was:  Starting this summer, ...[these] agencies will begin a government-wide action to leverage its authority to co-opt industrial autonomy and and its associated technologies and grind them to a slow walk.  We will slow industrial production to the maximum possible without causing alarm or revolt.   Doing this is essential step to our goal of total government control by the means of creating another area of your critical dependence on the Federal government.

Quote[blockquote]
If I'm one of the "chosen"...I'm running like hell.

Take money, take orders from obamaites. Soon, he'll be firing the executives.
[/blockquote]

If you run, you lose. If you stay you eat and live something similar to what you are accustomed.......and you may be able to assist your company and through it your employees and through that the resistance.  It is an evil thing that is going on.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
If you run, you lose. If you stay you eat and live something similar to what you are accustomed.......and you may be able to assist your company and through it your employees and through that the resistance.

Now we're getting into Atlas Shrugged territory.  Hank and Dagny hung on to the bitter end, trying to keep civilization running, long after most others had bailed.

The other way to look at it is that the longer the productive people keep producing, the longer they keep feeding the vampire state.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
If you run, you lose. If you stay you eat and live something similar to what you are accustomed.......and you may be able to assist your company and through it your employees and through that the resistance.

Now we're getting into Atlas Shrugged territory.  Hank and Dagny hung on to the bitter end, trying to keep civilization running, long after most others had bailed.

The other way to look at it is that the longer the productive people keep producing, the longer they keep feeding the vampire state.

^^ That.

Cooperating with evil for the sake of squeezing out a minimal amount of good is still cooperating with evil.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

OK Hercules, have a go at it.

Offline rickl

• Established Member

OK Hercules, have a go at it.

What on earth does that mean?
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Wasn't it Atlas the held up the world?

Damn, I gotta brush up on my classics!

BOT, every businessman has his/her breaking point.  Who are we to say when someone's had enough?  If they bail and more become unemployed it is the destroyers fault. the creators just got fed up with being taken and worse, screwed over and ripped off.

We are in Atlas Shrugged territory, for real.

charlesoakwood

Hercules and the Hydra. 
If one wants to take the high moral ground and in no way feed the beast, to survive, one must kill the beast or surely it will kill you.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Ahh, Hydra, that's the damn thing with a bunch of ugly heads right?  Yeah, that fits DemonRats, that's for sure.  Hey, I'm all for 'ol Herc destroying the beast!  Hell yeah!

::whoohoo::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
As for those partners...

BOYCOTT!!!

Say "Hell No!" to crony-capitalism!

::cussing::

::mooning::

::angry::

::rockets::

May as well send them the fascist flag that of the swastika and a Seig Heil.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Duh Wun has his own symbol, and it's a modern day swastika.  It and he will join the ash heap.  In place of the Seig Heil is the campaign donation (from any source legal or illegal), the blind obedience, the propagandizing media puppets, the community agitators and union thugs, the special interest groups and zombified parasites!

charlesoakwood

All the elements are in place and on schedule.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I'd like a Fifth Element to take out the trash!

The Fifth Element - The Diva Dance

;D

charlesoakwood

I'll drink to that.