Author Topic: CT  (Read 7603 times)

RickZ

CT
« on: June 27, 2011, 05:57:53 PM »
Wasn't sure where to put this, so I stuck it here, in Entertainment, as you'll soon read why.

I'm not sure if anyone has visited CT of late.  I did, to delete my account (I only had two posts anyway).  But I looked around and, well, it was stunning.  I counted only 3 people posting, with 2 of them from GCP.  The other is Nano, and he posts a lot, 99.9% of the stuff from around February of this year -- to a literally empty room.  CT has turned into a vanity blog, nothing more.  Thought that was interesting.  As I've deleted my account, I have no idea how many members there are over there, but whatever the number, they aren't posting.  Now I know everybody from there did not come here, but those that didn't come here sure went somewhere else.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: CT
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 06:41:24 PM »
And Nano can thank them for killing the place. We were banned by the same people that now jumped ship. It's all about tone you know.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 08:42:46 PM »
sh*t your pants long enough and people will eventually get tired of the stink and go elsewhere, then not even your closest family will visit anymore.  Pretty much names that tune.

::smallestviolin::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 08:43:47 AM »
I kept up going to both for awhile but stopped when they started coming over here just to pick fights.

Didn't the proprioter die last year anyway?   ;D  ::pokeineye:: ::stirpot::

::falldownshocked::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 08:52:04 AM »
...Didn't the proprioter die last year anyway?   ;D  ::pokeineye:: ::stirpot::

No, remember? He was cured by Southern Comfort.

ETA: Seriously, I don't wish nano any ill will. But that rat-bastard FITGuy can kiss my ass. What a complete piece of scat he turned out to be.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 08:58:34 AM »
As I told someone in a private e-mail once (Libertas?) I sensed someone who's invented a fictional life on the internet, from day one.  I encountered that type once before on a message board.  Just too much bulls**t to wade through whenever he talked about his mansions, his cars, his planes, his millions, his...cancer.

Yup.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 09:42:20 AM »

ETA: Seriously, I don't wish nano any ill will. But that rat-bastard FITGuy can kiss my ass. What a complete piece of scat he turned out to be.

That's an understatement!!What got me was how quick the battle lines got drawn up and what side people fell on.I didn't expect Gabe to go the way he did Evon was no surprise at all and now she's at grouchies and tone doesn't seem to be a problem any more. But people do what they do and everybody has a right to do what they want as we have a right not to take part in it.

I see it as were the better for it. I'm happy it happened and happy to be with us here and no argument about how who said what. The last to go was Gscott and made it a clean break.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 10:02:21 AM »
...The last to go was Gscott and made it a clean break.

I wish he'd have not wigged out like he did. He's a smart guy and has things to contribute. The way he purposefully burned the bridges here didn't make any sense to me. It was weird.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 10:20:56 AM »
...The last to go was Gscott and made it a clean break.

I wish he'd have not wigged out like he did. He's a smart guy and has things to contribute. The way he purposefully burned the bridges here didn't make any sense to me. It was weird.

But here again nobody here made the decision to burn the bridge it was made by others. Nobody here ever wanted to break with Nano till we had no choice. Gscott was asked over and over not to do it and in the end there was no out other than what happened.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 11:12:23 AM »
As I told someone in a private e-mail once (Libertas?) I sensed someone who's invented a fictional life on the internet, from day one.  I encountered that type once before on a message board.  Just too much bulls**t to wade through whenever he talked about his mansions, his cars, his planes, his millions, his...cancer.

Yup.

I seem to recall a conversation along those lines.  And yeah, way too much bullsh*t to wade through.  And it appears the long goodbye is still going on there, sans audience.  Pretty pathetic.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 04:55:36 PM »

That's an understatement!!What got me was how quick the battle lines got drawn up and what side people fell on.I didn't expect Gabe to go the way he did Evon was no surprise at all and now she's at grouchies and tone doesn't seem to be a problem any more. But people do what they do and everybody has a right to do what they want as we have a right not to take part in it.

I see it as were the better for it. I'm happy it happened and happy to be with us here and no argument about how who said what. The last to go was Gscott and made it a clean break.

Now that we're back a CT again, wasn't CG a female?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 05:04:40 PM »

Now that we're back a CT again, wasn't CG a female?

No.
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 05:08:01 PM »

I thought he was a girl.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 06:34:32 PM »
I haven't commented there since I left GCP.  I logged out, but I didn't delete my account.  I rarely check it out any more.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 07:13:04 PM »
 Filippo Mazzie

hemm

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 07:24:28 PM »

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 08:51:06 PM »
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 09:19:10 PM »
I'm trying not to Schadenfreude all over the plaze here, and all y'all are not helpin' .....
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 09:43:49 PM »
Well heck Pan, Schadenfreude away!

;D

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 10:03:33 PM »
Well heck Pan, Schadenfreude away!

;D

Like anybody here could hol her back. ::exitstageleft::
 Filippo Mazzie