Author Topic: Beck's old time slot...looks to take a big ratings hit...  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Beck's old time slot...looks to take a big ratings hit...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 09:03:35 AM »
Fox is in serious decline.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 09:29:49 AM »
... a roundtable of rotating Fox personalities. Those include Greg Gutfeld, Juan Williams, Dana Perino, Judge Andrew Napolitano, Geraldo Rivera, Andrea Tantaros, Eric Bolling, Monica Crowley, Bob Beckel and Kimberly Guilfoyle.

Yeah, I'll be jumping right on that.  /s
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

RickZ

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 09:45:01 AM »
Bring back John Gibson, who I liked in that slot before Beck came along.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 09:55:04 AM »
<shaking his head>

It's like they're deliberately seeking oblivion.  ::cussing::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 10:06:40 AM »
They should make an offer to Rush. Take an hour's worth of the best excerpts from that day's Ditto-Cam. Call it "Rush Limbaugh's Ditto-Cam". Do some video post-production - playing video clips when Rush uses audio-from-video; using graphics; photos of subject matter, etc - just to break up the one-camera-shot of the Ditto-Cam to make it more viewer-friendly for TV.

Get 'er done Fox. Rush Limbaugh is the indispensable man.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 10:13:07 AM »
They should make an offer to Rush. Take an hour's worth of the best excerpts from that day's Ditto-Cam. Call it "Rush Limbaugh's Ditto-Cam". Do some video post-production - playing video clips when Rush uses audio-from-video; using graphics; photos of subject matter, etc - just to break up the one-camera-shot of the Ditto-Cam to make it more viewer-friendly for TV.

Rush doesn't translate well to tv.  I remember his tv show from back around 1990.  It did not so do well.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 10:26:17 AM »

Rush doesn't translate well to tv.  I remember his tv show from back around 1990.  It did not so do well.

That was a really lame format though - IMHO of course. I remember it too. He was on late-night, right after Morton Downey Jr. His articulation of conservatism was not considered mainstream back then, and he never caught hold of viewers. And it was a distinct effort to translate Rush to TV, rather than just bringing his radio show to TV. I think now that he has rock-star status with tens-of-millions of Americans, and with good graphic arts and post production, the radio program on TV might work, and might even mainstream his radio show more than it is.

I don't know if I have any real basis to disagree with what you are saying. Just thinking out loud.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 10:48:11 AM »
He drew as many people at times like 3am, as the regular late shows do.

Ratings were NOT the reason.  Burnout probably was a reason.  Sponsers avoiding "controversial" programs are probably a reason.  Drawing millions of viewers at 3am, NOT a reason.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 11:03:41 AM »
... a roundtable of rotating Fox personalities. Those include Greg Gutfeld, Juan Williams, Dana Perino, Judge Andrew Napolitano, Geraldo Rivera, Andrea Tantaros, Eric Bolling, Monica Crowley, Bob Beckel and Kimberly Guilfoyle.

Speaking for contrarians, I had stopped watching, Beck was right it is time to move on.  This new concept may prove interesting, except Andrea Tantaros.  They should try this on weekends, at time when the word repetition is an understatement.  Repeats of the nightime above shows would be much better than the offered fair.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 11:10:07 AM »
If I was a poor boy
da Da dada dada dah...

http://bestplaces.nydailynews.com/voyeur/glenn-beck-move-texas-rents-20000-month-house

(www.kw.com; Carl Stone/ Real Estate Foto Grafix

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 11:41:16 AM »

I liked the old show...seeing Rush play clips of libtards acting like themselves, seeing the camera capture the look on Rush's face and then he proceeds to light into them.  I thought it was pretty good.  But the MFM elites didn't want him on TV for pure partisan political reasons and they kept moving him back later and later, he finally said to hell with 'em and ended the show himself.

We've been victimized by a punk-ass leftist media for many decades, and nobody can convince me if a cable channel put Rush on in a prime slot and not exiled to a horsesh*t time of day he wouldn't kick ratings ass and haul in beau coup advertising bucks.  But if Fox won't do it nobody will, and that's outrageous.

People are too damn accommodating to MFM leftist litmus tests.  Bloody cowards all.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 11:51:17 AM »
I enjoyed his show as well. I recognized it for what it was and didn't have any unreal expectations. I still have a couple of episodes that I video-taped (poorly). They're still fun to watch.

::oldman::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2011, 12:24:54 PM »
I think Rush's deafness would be an impediment to a live TV format. But he could certainly do a taped program, or broadcast video of the radio program.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2011, 02:27:11 PM »
I'd like to see Brit Hume do an hour of serious discussion but at this point in his career and at his age he doesn't need it and probably doesn't want it .

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 02:49:32 PM »
Brit would be an awesome choice.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 03:21:57 PM »
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 05:03:19 PM »
Come on, people! Rush's t.v. show was awesome! The local affiliate played it at 12 noon on delay. There were time when I was eating lunch at home, watching Rush on t.v. and listening to his radio program. It was great seeing L-tards being L-tards.

Who could forget the Ron Brown funeral with Clinton laughing his ass off and then spotting the camera. (Oh sh*t! I gotta look sad. Turn down lip. Fake a tear. Yeah, I still got it!)
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 06:01:55 PM »
Come on, people! Rush's t.v. show was awesome! The local affiliate played it at 12 noon on delay. There were time when I was eating lunch at home, watching Rush on t.v. and listening to his radio program. It was great seeing L-tards being L-tards.

Who could forget the Ron Brown funeral with Clinton laughing his ass off and then spotting the camera. (Oh sh*t! I gotta look sad. Turn down lip. Fake a tear. Yeah, I still got it!)

The station that broadcast it locally was a Fox affiliate. Like most of the programming found on the 'entertainment" side of that network, the local affiliate was (is) a bunch of hard lefties. They would move the show to a new time slot without advance notice so you would miss it. They preempted it all the time, or would cut in for some inane PSA notice (it was on at 11:30PM for cripesakes! They did everything that they could to squelch it. They heard about it too. One of the talk radio stations organized a cll-in protest and we buried them in complaints (to no avail).

I wasn't very political at the time (mind you this was pre-Algorenet) but after being turned on to his show I was.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011, 09:02:04 PM »
It was on late in my area, and if I couldn't watch it I taped it.  I'd love another Rush show of any format.  Brit would be a good Plan B.