Author Topic: The O'Bama Depression Thread  (Read 73215 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
The O'Bama Depression Thread
« on: July 11, 2011, 03:20:57 PM »
I have been waiting for a story in the media that uses the "D" word. Maybe it's already happened but I haven't seen it before this one.

This is the "business news" equivalent of calling O'Bama "kind of a dick."

Davidowitz pointed to the weakness of the dollar and a gloomy consumer outlook as some of the factors behind the stores’ slump.

“In those stores, somebody comes in with $12 to do all their shopping,” said Davidowitz. “The person who used to come in with $12 now comes in with $8.”

“In other words, the economy is continuing to be worse, the Obama depression continues to explode,” he added.

It's also sort of an "emperor has no clothes" moment regarding O'Bamanomics. When it gets so bad that the media begins to spell out the obvious (O'Bama is a boob) then we have reached a turning point. That is, they can either no longer defend the indefensible and/or they are no longer afraid to speak the truth.

If there are other media outlets out there which have already used this term you may post them. And certainly post any new "Depression" and especially any new "O'Bama depression" sitings that you may come across.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

Re: The O'Bama Depression Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 04:16:53 PM »

I scanned Bing's first 50.  It seems gNewt used the term yesterday and for the moment owns it.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 05:24:38 PM »
I saw this article earlier and my initial thought was "welcome to the party pal!", but now that I think about it, it really is quite symbolic of Obamanomics and the cult of economic destruction of the Left, isn't it!

Hey Obama & Dem's!  Own it, bitches!

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 06:31:57 PM »
I saw this article earlier and my initial thought was "welcome to the party pal!", but now that I think about it, it really is quite symbolic of Obamanomics and the cult of economic destruction of the Left, isn't it!

Is it still Bush's fault? ::unknowncomic::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 08:42:19 PM »

They may own it but who's paying for it?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 10:57:51 PM »
Vox Day has been using the term from the onset of this recession/depression and gives evidence to back it up comparing ban failures rates with that of the Great Depression of FDR's making. Wrong policies as the solutions getting identical results. Wrote a book documenting the data to and you can find all of his columns over at WND.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 11:46:43 PM »

I scanned Bing's first 50.  It seems gNewt used the term yesterday and for the moment owns it.

Yeah, but Newt is a partisan so he doesn't count toward what I was thinking about. I've heard right wing people use the "D" word many times recently.

I was looking for a first mention in the leftwing media because once that starts it is pretty much all over.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 11:51:06 PM »
Vox Day has been using the term from the onset of this recession/depression and gives evidence to back it up comparing ban failures rates with that of the Great Depression of FDR's making. Wrong policies as the solutions getting identical results. Wrote a book documenting the data to and you can find all of his columns over at WND.

I don't doubt this but again, I'm looking for a trend starting in the MFM. WND doesn't count using that criteria.

The CBS affiliate listed above might be the first but I'm thinking that there will be others and it will pick up steam.

The MFM is biased left, no doubt about it, but when there is blood in the water they revert to form.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 07:19:47 AM »
Depression, in economics, period of economic crisis in commerce, finance, and industry, characterized by falling prices, restriction of credit, low output and investment, numerous bankruptcies, and a high level of unemployment.
http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/depression

We don't have falling prices, thanks to The Ben Bernanke & Turbo Timmy "Hoorah for Inflation" tour!  But we due have restricted credit...rates are low (too low) but nobody wants to extend themselves risk-wise and there is little business appetite to take on more debt to fund expansion/acquisition plans.  We have low output and little investment.  Bankruptcies continue to play out and we most definitely have high unemployment.

This is not our grandparents' depression, it is something else, and if things get worse (and with this bunch in the WH running the show worse is a good bet) it could get fugly.

For more on business & unemployment, see this new thread -

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,2172.new.html#new

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 12:21:02 PM »
HURT: Welcome to Jimmy Carter’s 2nd term
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jul/12/hurt-welcome-to-jimmy-carters-2nd-term/?page=all#pagebreak

The perfect question to level at Obama voters - "How did this man get past sixth-grade social studies, much less Iowa?"

As as far as this goes - "Lucky for us, it appears more and more unlikely every day that we will have to suffer through a third term of Jimmy Carter‘s."

God, I pray Charlie is right!!!

But then I think how stupid people flocked to this POS the first time around...see NBP thugs get the green light to keep anti-Obama forces from the polls...judges giving fraud, theft and all manner of illegality the veneer of legitimacy and I get freaking nervous and angry!

::angry::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 04:33:08 PM »
I think that ecerybody here is at least angry and good many are nervous.I myself am past all that and have a firm grip on just plain old pissed off!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 10:24:34 PM »
Being saturated daily, sometimes hourly, by this tyrannical regime...PO'd?  Yeah, overwhelmingly so!

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 10:47:34 PM »
Being saturated daily, sometimes hourly, by this tyrannical regime...PO'd?  Yeah, overwhelmingly so!

Don't get mad - get even.

As a black-belt FUD-mucker I do what I can to heighten the same (or similar) anxieties that we experience in leftists around me. Beyond the "How's that hope~n~change working for ya" and the little stickers for the gas pumps, I observe my prey for their interests and exploit their fears (and yes - I am completely comfortable in this endeavor - thanks for asking ;-)

For example - if my prey has a hybrid I ask them if they've heard about the skyrocketing increases in electricity rate caused by added load? Add to that the report i read about "smart-grid" controllers that have been damaging the electrical systems in.....hybrids?

Or hiking. They like to use (and abuse) the state parks but seldom want to pay for it ("our taxes pay for that"). I casually remind them of the number of parks that have closed since Øbozo took over and the user fees (taxes) that they now have to pay for the parks that are still open. Then add the explosion of crime in the parks. Ain't I a stinker?!

The reason why I do this is simple. After looking at the litany of abuses since the Øbozo circus came to town I would have thought that the left would be just as outraged as the right is - even more so since they invested in that dry well. But despite the fact that they are getting hit every bit as hard as we are, they continue to circle the wagons and lend support to the very thing that is hurting all of us.

If they won't see reason then they'll feel the whip. The only way they'll change their thinking is if I beat it into them.

I'm up for the challenge  ::evilbat::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 10:49:58 PM »
Ooo, go baby!

I'm taking a page out of that book from now on, I am.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 11:05:22 PM »
Remember how mom used to tell us, "You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar"? (Who would want to catch flies?!) The key to effective FUD-Mucking is to remain light and casual. If you are angry, if you are hostile, and especially if you are confrontational they'll throw up the defensive castle-walls and reject everything you say. If you feign interest and friendliness they will be more receptive to your psychological stress-bombs. (for such innately deceitful people they sure are gullible!).

In Internet-eze I believe the tactic is called "concern-trolling".

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 11:16:38 PM »
Remember how mom used to tell us, "You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar"? (Who would want to catch flies?!) The key to effective FUD-Mucking is to remain light and casual. If you are angry, if you are hostile, and especially if you are confrontational they'll throw up the defensive castle-walls and reject everything you say. If you feign interest and friendliness they will be more receptive to your psychological stress-bombs. (for such innately deceitful people they sure are gullible!).

In Internet-eze I believe the tactic is called "concern-trolling".

Ah.  I see.  So, the ole "flail like a sledgehammer, sting like one too" is not a working strategery?  Hmmm.  Gonna have to rethink this one.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 11:27:21 PM »
A time and a place Pan - a time and a place  ::thumbsup::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 11:44:16 PM »
A time and a place Pan - a time and a place  ::thumbsup::

*sigh*

Send up the flare when it is.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 11:53:08 PM »
It has become a game for me and my brother when we are out together...usually pulling our boat, someone will make a "cost of gas"  or "it's hot"comment, we make a quick read as to what we are talkin to and then pounce.....light and casual, of course. LOL.....

I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 06:49:23 AM »
My proclivity toward smartassness and relative my inability to keep my mouth shut often hit people with blunt force.  And keeping my temper under control has always been a challenge.  Picking my battles, especially with this bunch running ruining things, tests me to the limit, but I get my fair share of shots in.  Dumbfounded stares and frightened looks are routine.  For friends of friends or friends of family, encountering my bluntness can be painful.  I will be tested this weekend no doubt with my niece/Godchild getting married.  An open bar could remove all filters.  What are the odds somebody will say something stupid and set me off?

As far as that flare goes, seems like I've been waiting an eternity...