Author Topic: ACLU Red Meat: Legless, Armless Girl Demands "Right" To Be Cheerleader  (Read 1446 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
LINK

A Nebraska high school is drawing the ire of the ACLU after its cheer team rejected, for a third time, a young girl with no arms and no legs. The school says she can’t perform the basic cheer functions. The ACLU says she should be given a pass.

I just think it would be fun,” 16-year-old Julia Sullivan, who gets around in a wheelchair, told the Omaha World-Herald.

But she’ll have to find another way to pass the time after trying out and not making the team. That, her parents and lawyer say, is unfair.

Yeah and I think it would be fun to be collecting a multi-million dollar salary playing center for the Lakers. But I can't because I'm not an uber-talented seven foot tall athlete. That's not fair, either. BFD. I wonder how "fun" it would be for the other cheerleaders on the team if they were forced to "make accommodations" for this chick? Hey, I feel for her...it would really suck to be a quad but the amount of selfishness and self absorption on display here is mind boggling.

The problem with the PC social libs is that there is just no end to what's not fair. They always need to be fighting for the cause de jour. I wish that there was some big, huge, harmless and irrelevant cause that could just suck in all the lib nutcases and keep them occupied for the rest of their lives so that the rest of us didn't have to get pulled into their particular psychosis. Maybe we could convince all of them that there is some insect on one of the Aleutian Islands that really needs their help and they all need to go there and stay there forever.

Life isn't fair. Deal with it.

The sick and ironic subtext to this story is that there is a whole other branch of the social lib nutcase delegation that is really, really unhappy that this poor delusional girl wasn't exterminated before emerging from the womb. It's really unfair that there is a whole army of liberated leftwing feminazis out there trying to kill unborn children. Where is the ACLU on that one?
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Why not let her be a "line marker" during football season and "first base" during baseball season ? Both are very important functions .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Reality and the ability to recognize it.

Another outdated skill pissed down the drain...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Why not sue the damned track team?
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
. . . or the tennis team.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
. . . or the soccer team.
--------------

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
And who are the parents? Rather than have their daughter make a spectacle of herself in some ill-considered effort at raising the bar of asininity, they should be providing parental advice aimed at helping this girl grow into a mature adult. You know, some useful intervention along the lines of "Dear, that's not such a good idea because..."  I get that she has unusually bad circumstances in her life, and anyone would sympathize with that, but she is really not doing anyone any favors with this stunt and is indulging in the sheer UNsanity of our time. It's actually a bit of an insult to people who have disabilities that are challenging, but not debilitating, in their own efforts to be taken seriously as capable of performing certain jobs.

Oh and BAS, you're close -- but to really put your finger on the pulse of this degree of UNsanity I think it would definitely have to be the swim team.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.

Oh and BAS, you're close -- but to really put your finger on the pulse of this degree of UNsanity I think it would definitely have to be the swim team.

No way. Swim team is entirely possible as long as a "special accommodation" is made...like a specially modified jet ski. Then she could be on the swim team and win, too.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'

No way. Swim team is entirely possible as long as a "special accommodation" is made...like a specially modified jet ski. Then she could be on the swim team and win, too.

I was thinking that they could "accomodate" her by allowing a motorized wheel chair along the side of the pool.

Sheesh.
--------------

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
I was thinking about the swim team thing and came up with the following. Strap a fifty pound weight to the ACLU attorney to negate the advantage of having limbs. He drowns and the net effect is a dead ACLU attorney. ::rolllaughing::

As far as the girl is concerned well we just helped out civilization in a very large way. ::evilbat::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Whatever gave this little twit, and her parents, the idea that anything she wants - no matter how unreasonable - is a right?

Oof.  Stoopit question.

What the hell is it with people today?  Any demand rejected becomes a "right" denied?

Wait until TSHTF; see how many "rights" she has then.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
She could join the swim team. (God forgive me)
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
The ACLU is taking the term "lowering the bar" literally !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Whatever gave this little twit, and her parents, the idea that anything she wants - no matter how unreasonable - is a right?

Oof.  Stoopit question.

What the hell is it with people today?  Any demand rejected becomes a "right" denied?

Wait until TSHTF; see how many "rights" she has then.

Heh, gonna be a lot weeping in SpoiledBratLand!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.