Author Topic: And So It Begins.....  (Read 1829 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
And So It Begins.....
« on: August 06, 2011, 12:36:13 PM »
Today's Ticker, after the downgrade.

Granny cannot have her two new hips and Gramps cannot have his quad-bypass.  We cannot pay $100,000 for every man who gets Stage IV prostate cancer to have four more months of life.  We cannot have 1 in 6 families on food stamps and half the working population paying no income tax to buy their votes, yet at the same time spend $750 billion on wars (half of which is really about securing oil supplies; ergo, we cannot spend $300/bbl on imported oil and $200/bbl on all oil on average while claiming it's only $100) nor can we spend $15,000 a year "educating" kids who do not understand nor care about the basic function of exponents.

Just go read it.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

charlesoakwood

Re: And So It Begins.....
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 01:03:05 PM »

Drill babe, drill.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 01:15:16 PM »
I'm inclined to agree with it all. The fact of the matter is, relying on government for our daily bread is going to be taken off the table as an option regardless of what anyone says or does.

But I remember how "well" the electorate took to Jimmy Carter telling people what they can no longer have as he sat by the fireplace in his sweater telling people to turn down their thermostats. I know how badly it chafed to have Barack Hussein Obama tell us on the campaign trail that we can no longer keep our homes at 72º, eat what we want, and use as much energy as we want and expect the world to stand by.

The American people have worked for a lifestyle befitting the most productive society the world has ever known. The fact that the foundation of that lifestyle has been perverted and coopted by government will be lost on many people, as evidenced by the polling that shows people understanding the dire situation, and simultaneously being unwilling to give up entitlements that they have allowed to become integral to the lifestyle they expect. The people are not going to give it up so easily, and will not take kindly to being told what they cannot have, cannot do, and can no longer expect. Credit rating be damned.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 03:06:16 PM »
To the "Tea Party" that was crowing about how they were "successful", how does that success taste?  Half of your members in fact defected when it came time to vote, and despite the crows of "success" (which was really nothing more than glee over "beating the Democrats desire to increase taxes") the bad outcome that you claimed to be trying to avoid happened.  Now what?

I don't recall the "crowing" happening; I know there was relief at avoiding tax increases.  Why is that a bad thing?

Other than that, he's right.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 03:20:10 PM »
The crowing or gloating was (is) nonexistent, except in the minds of the left. I lamented the "deal" knowing that not only would it not be acceptable to the thieves at S&P but that it spelled our certain ruin. What is there to crow about there?

Someone else is trying to drive the Tea Party narrative and they can go to hell.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 05:48:43 PM »
I don't recall the "crowing" happening;

That's because your not a dillusional libtard.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 06:12:08 PM »
I don't recall the "crowing" happening;

That's because your not a dillusional libtard.

I've been thinking a bit more about this.  What I HAVE heard, from various sources, is the TEA Party being lauded for "changing the direction of the debate", not so much in congress, definitely not in the media, but in the American population. 

I believe this is the reason so many are disgusted with this "deal".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 06:45:48 PM »
What I HAVE heard, from various sources, is the TEA Party being lauded for "changing the direction of the debate", not so much in congress, definitely not in the media, but in the American population. 

Maybe there's hope for the next election afterall. A Tea Party sweep would be suweeeeet. I keep having nightmares about the last Nevada race, though. ::facepalm::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 08:08:54 PM »
What I HAVE heard, from various sources, is the TEA Party being lauded for "changing the direction of the debate", not so much in congress, definitely not in the media, but in the American population. 

Maybe there's hope for the next election afterall. A Tea Party sweep would be suweeeeet. I keep having nightmares about the last Nevada race, though. ::facepalm::

We need to get out front of the RNC and GOP, when we have good candidates like Angle and O'Donnell it is necessary to support them hard, because they will send money and operatives to undermine them.
It is better for the Country Club if a Democrat wins than a Conservative.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 09:09:48 PM »

Put enough of them in the Senate and a few more in the house it the old guard is going to cave(they like their jobs)
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie