Topics > Radical Islam/GWOT

Sort Of What I've Suspected For Quite Some Time Now

(1/3) > >>

trapeze:
I have said on more than one occasion that we have been incredibly fortunate to not have sustained another devastating attack since 9/11. I have also said that we should be grateful for our unimaginative enemies. I can think of at least a dozen different terrorist attacks any one of which would be mind numbingly effective on our population that, so far, these clods have not come close to trying. They don't even show any indication that they can focus their attention anywhere outside of the greater NYC area.

This article sheds some light on, among other things, their profound stupidity...

--- Quote ---In Afghanistan, as in many cultures, a manly embrace is a time-honored tradition for warriors before they go off to face death. Thus, many suicide bombers never even make it out of their training camp or safe house, as the pressure from these group hugs triggers the explosives in suicide vests. According to several sources at the United Nations, as many as six would-be suicide bombers died last July after one such embrace in Paktika.
--- End quote ---

Funny article.

IronDioPriest:

--- Quote ---In Afghanistan, as in many cultures, a manly embrace is a time-honored tradition for warriors before they go off to face death. Thus, many suicide bombers never even make it out of their training camp or safe house, as the pressure from these group hugs triggers the explosives in suicide vests. According to several sources at the United Nations, as many as six would-be suicide bombers died last July after one such embrace in Paktika.
--- End quote ---

Perhaps as the world's sole economic superpower, it is the responsibility of the United States to fund education and awareness programs for the Afghan people, to teach them safe techniques for embracing when encumbered with explosives.

You know some liberal somewhere is thinking it.

rickl:
Neo-Neocon linked to that story earlier.  Don't miss the comments, including mine.

IronDioPriest:

--- Quote from: rickl on August 14, 2011, 01:16:29 AM ---Neo-Neocon linked to that story earlier.  Don't miss the comments, including mine.

--- End quote ---

Good comment Rick.

Libertas:
Yeah, good comment.  And IDP, we do know libiots are thinking it!  Remember St.Pancake?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version