Author Topic: Allen West in response to CAIR demand ........  (Read 2552 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Allen West in response to CAIR demand ........
« on: August 16, 2011, 06:18:27 PM »
FORT LAUDERDALE (CBS4) – A South Florida Muslim group sent Congressman Allen West a letter asking him to disassociate himself from activists the group considers anti-Islamic.

Congressman West did respond and the letter he sent back is raising some eyebrows.

If it looks like the shortest letter you’ve ever seen from a member of congress, it probably is. How short? Try one word, in capital letters:

H/T Ann
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Allen West in response to CAIR demand ........
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 06:21:46 PM »
"And no one seems to know what it means...." breathlessly exclaimed one empty-brained newswhore.

::laughonfloor:: ::laughonfloor:: ::laughonfloor::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 06:22:56 PM »
"And no one seems to know what it means...." breathlessly exclaimed one empty-brained newswhore.

I know .... teh stoopit, it burns.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 06:27:33 PM »
Never Underestimate The Spirit.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 07:00:43 PM »
OMG. I guess you don't need a History Degree to be a mainstream news-reading idiot. Sheesh, everybody knows the infamous words spoken by that Democrat guy Terry McAuliffe . . .

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 08:37:44 PM »

::falldownshocked::

Even if they knew history they wouldn't understand why it's applicable.  They're just misunderstood donchaknow?

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 08:53:01 PM »
OK, devil's advocate time here...

How is this acceptable - even laudable - and what Herman Cain said not so much?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 09:20:13 PM »

Depends on who one asks.  I have no problem with what Herman Cain said.  I applaud what Herman Cain said.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 09:45:38 PM »

Depends on who one asks.  I have no problem with what Herman Cain said.  I applaud what Herman Cain said.

Absolutely!! But West was just plain funny and dead on the money.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 11:15:04 PM »

::falldownshocked::

Even if they knew history they wouldn't understand why it's applicable.  They're just misunderstood donchaknow?

::laughonfloor:: ::hysterical::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 07:25:04 AM »
OMG. I guess you don't need a History Degree to be a mainstream news-reading idiot. Sheesh, everybody knows the infamous words spoken by that Democrat guy Terry McAuliffe . . .

::hysterical::

Anthony, not Terry.

Dey MFMer's is so stoopit!

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 07:28:20 AM »
LOL!  Libertas, that one whizzed right over yer head ........

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 09:59:42 AM »
I guarantee you these MFM idiots who don't know this famous bit of history from the Battle of the Bulge, the largest engagement in the history of the US Army, nevertheless know all the words to L'Internationale. In French.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 11:25:18 AM »
They do however deserve to be run down by Sherman tanks...

...those things go in reverse, right?

(Just wanna make sure, ya know?)

::evil::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 03:08:58 PM »

Neither do I - except to the extent that a verbal faux pas would render him unelectable (which I fear is now the case with Cain).

It would be easy if everyone had the same or similar sensibilities as we here have - but they don't. There are tons of people who get their panties in a bunch over the littlest of things. And then there are the 'professional victim class' - which encompasses almost all of the dhimmicrat party.  :o These klowns blunder along from one thing to another looking for butthurts.

What Cain said put him out of the running for any of these folks, and made a bunch who are less intolerant a bit squeamish to boot. Same for Perry, same for Bachman and her corn dog, same for Palin. that doesn't leave much room when your skin is so thin.

The irony with all these gaffes is that every one of them is so completely avoidable. Michelle Bachman may have degrees in economics but she must have skinnied her way past American History. I'm as intolerant of The Religion of Peace as they come, but I know better than to run my mouth when I'm interviewing for a job.

These people already have our vote (so to speak) - what is incumbent upon them is to attract the independent voters (without offending us in the process). They ain't gonna get there this way...

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 04:18:40 PM »
What pisses me off is all of the gaffes from the Dims are overlooked. ::doublebird::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 05:01:53 PM »

Neither do I - except to the extent that a verbal faux pas would render him unelectable (which I fear is now the case with Cain).

It would be easy if everyone had the same or similar sensibilities as we here have - but they don't. There are tons of people who get their panties in a bunch over the littlest of things. And then there are the 'professional victim class' - which encompasses almost all of the dhimmicrat party.  :o These klowns blunder along from one thing to another looking for butthurts.

What Cain said put him out of the running for any of these folks, and made a bunch who are less intolerant a bit squeamish to boot. Same for Perry, same for Bachman and her corn dog, same for Palin. that doesn't leave much room when your skin is so thin.

The irony with all these gaffes is that every one of them is so completely avoidable. Michelle Bachman may have degrees in economics but she must have skinnied her way past American History. I'm as intolerant of The Religion of Peace as they come, but I know better than to run my mouth when I'm interviewing for a job.

These people already have our vote (so to speak) - what is incumbent upon them is to attract the independent voters (without offending us in the process). They ain't gonna get there this way...

Remember if you will George Allen and "Macaca"; just another example of your point.

To which I counter with this, also, if you will: if not putting off the independents (without putting us off either) is the prescription, this then is a formula for the kind of candidates we've been getting stuck with and have to vote for while holding our noses.

I believe the process is corrupted and the Cains/Palins/Allens are rendered unelectable because the play on these folks is run right out of the left's book, see:  Alinsky -- they are the ones that make a huge stink for the sole purpose of repulsing the indies aided and abetted by the Ruling Class Republicans because it is to their benefit.

On another thread, I wrote something similar about the mealy-mouthed RCRs, not only not willing to TAKE IT to the opposition, but not wanting any other Republican to do it either.  "Not prudent".

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 05:59:40 PM »
The LSM would not know HISTORY if it bit them in the A$$! ::hysterical:: ::cool::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 07:24:02 PM »
I almost mentioned Lonesome George.

I think I said something on the original Cain gaffe thread - forgive my repeat - like you I'm not bothered by what Herman said, or what Michelle did, or Perry's letter. I agree with nearly all of their stances. I just wince at their rookie blundering. Every one of them is better than that. They must be better than that if they are going to overcome the considerable odds stacked against us.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 07:35:11 PM »
I almost mentioned Lonesome George.

I think I said something on the original Cain gaffe thread - forgive my repeat - like you I'm not bothered by what Herman said, or what Michelle did, or Perry's letter. I agree with nearly all of their stances. I just wince at their rookie blundering. Every one of them is better than that. They must be better than that if they are going to overcome the considerable odds stacked against us.

So, you see them as gaffes?  Blundering?  Not just plain-speak?