Author Topic: Slapping RedState  (Read 564 times)

charlesoakwood

Slapping RedState
« on: August 20, 2011, 02:27:32 PM »

Actual article is full of links: Click here

#WhoIsLeonWolf ? A RedState Moron, Apparently

How did I miss this today? I can't say Wolf's post is the dumbest thing I've ever seen at RedState. That would require hours of research I've no interest in doing. But certainly, it's up there with one of the silliest posts I've read there.

Back to the point, however. I have no idea who Leon H. Wolf is, nor do I care, but he posts on RedState, a website I respect. People are free to advocate for whomever they wish. But Wolf's post is pathetic. If advocates for other candidates, perhaps Rick Perry in this case, think that by trashing solid conservatives like Palin will score points, as Karl Rove is now trashing Perry, it will not work. I saw Palin at Tea Party event after Tea Party event. I saw her breaking her back to help defeat liberal Democrats and RINOs in the last election. I don't know where Leon was, or if it mattered. But we all know she is detested by the GOP establishment.

So, Palin came out against a campaign, Chuck DeVore's, worked on by Wolf's fellow Erickson friend and RedState fan boi, Josh Trevino - a RedState flounder founder. Good heavens, what apostasy. And that means she's folded to the establishment? Seriously? These RedState guys are becoming a joke, because he makes it much worse - for RedState, of course.

But over the last several months, Palin’s unique brand of activism seems to have shifted – whether consciously or unconsciously – towards the will of the Republican Establishment.

Consider: Palin’s first break with grassroots/TEA Party orthodoxy came during the 2010 elections, when she endorsed establishment candidates Carly Fiorina and Kelly Ayotte over more conservative challengers Chuck Devore and Ovide Lamontagne.

So, Palin backed Fiorina and ... RedState backed perhaps the most establishment Republican of all - a man reviled by the actual grassroots - John McCain in his 2010 Senate re-election campaign. But, hey, they didn't fold to the establishment, or anything, did they? No, their decision was based upon analysis. Now, Palin, well, obviously her opposing RS fan boi Trevino's favorite makes her a sell-out of some kind. Please, stop pulling our legs, bois. Or at least make it the middle one, so some folks have a shot at enjoying it. Must you insist on repeatedly embarassing yourselves?

Erick Erickson writing on McCain as far back as 2009, before Hayworth was in the race. So, please, don't try and sell the Hayworth was damaged goods, nonsense. Erickson and RedState were for McCain from the start. Come to think of it, so was Palin. I wonder why Wolf didn't point out that race as a sign she has gone establishment? Oh, that's right, RedState didn't disagree with her then and she didn't oppose their friend, flounder founder and favorite low-level consultant. So, I guess she gets a pass on that one. What foolish hypocrisy that makes the front page at RedState these days. And Wolf still isn't done.

Erickson: I’m not a fan of John McCain. I was not a fan of his campaign for President. I think he tends to be a bully. But in the grand scheme of things, John McCain does not throw his own party under the bus as much as some of his colleagues in the Republican Conference. .... I know there are a lot of people who think the GOP is no better than the Democrats. That’s fine. But they are full of crap and they should know it, though most of them don’t. And that is not an audience I’m writing for.

Other than the McCain campaign to come, I wonder what audience he was writing for? Then, to make matters worse, oh dear, as also stated above, Palin broke with the Tea Party in 2010. How dare she???

Consider: Palin’s first break with grassroots/TEA Party orthodoxy came during the 2010 elections ...

Um, what Tea Party, bois? Wait for it .... this is priceless. RedState editor Erickson LEFT the Tea Party in 2010. ha ha ha ha And, look, I like the Ryuns I really do. But that Erickson tried to pronouce the Tea Party dead in 2010 and now the bois are piling on Palin for not siding with it in a race or two is geuinely hilarious. And in doing so, he sought to steer business to his good friend's political outfit. Come on guys. Do you even read, or think about the crap you throw up before posting it on the front page, or is this all a silly game to you?

2010: Today, RedState’s Erick Erickson has decided to leave the Tea Party movement behind–to move beyond it. He alludes to the Tea Party movement disintegrating into sects like churches. The last straw? This:

Erickson: I am going to write letters to the editor, call radio shows, talk to my friends and family, and promote the good people. If you aren’t sure what you can or should do — after Thursday, check out http://summit.americanmajority.org. Find a post-party summit close to you and go to it.

How'd that all work out for you bois at RedState? Last I checked, the Tea Party is still making headlines. Kind of sounds to me as though you have no impact on it at all.

Email this

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: Slapping RedState
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 02:35:35 PM »
Maybe it's the air over at CNN?

charlesoakwood

Re: Slapping RedState
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 02:35:45 PM »
Mark Levin said:

...I have no idea who Leon H. Wolf is, nor do I care, but he posts on RedState, a website I respect.  People are free to advocate for whomever they wish.  But Wolf's post is pathetic.  If advocates for other candidates, perhaps Rick Perry in this case, think that by trashing solid conservatives like Palin will score points, as Karl Rove is now trashing Perry, it will not work.  I saw Palin at Tea Party event after Tea Party event.  I saw her breaking her back to help defeat liberal Democrats and RINOs in the last election.  I don't know where Leon was, or if it mattered.  But we all know she is detested by the GOP establishment.  

Incidentally, Leon, I will compare my conservative credentials and activities to yours any day of the week -- from Reagan to Landmark Legal Foundation to Tea Party to whatever.