Author Topic: Palin's Iowa Video  (Read 942 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Palin's Iowa Video
« on: August 20, 2011, 09:07:56 AM »
This has been out for a couple days, but I just watched it this AM. If you're saturated with Sarah Palin and haven't taken the time to watch this, it's worth watching. This woman can be so damned inspiring.

Iowa Passion
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Palin's Iowa Video
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 05:22:43 PM »
Certainly a very exceptional lady.
 ::clapping::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 09:31:19 PM »
Certainly a very exceptional lady.
 ::clapping::

!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 11:33:32 PM »
Love the mama Grizzly at the end..... ::clapping::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 08:41:18 AM »

Ya know, I'm an ol' sap these days. As I watch my kids grow, and I get a keener sense of life's sweetness and bitterness, things hit me in a way that bring a tear to my eye. Listening to the words of that fine American woman who's been so beset by evil, followed by the towering grizzly, did it for me.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 02:50:00 PM »

Ya know, I'm an ol' sap these days. As I watch my kids grow, and I get a keener sense of life's sweetness and bitterness, things hit me in a way that bring a tear to my eye. Listening to the words of that fine American woman who's been so beset by evil, followed by the towering grizzly, did it for me.

IDP, I'm with ya. The Grizzley at the end had me smiling ear to ear. If you are gonna use symoblism as this, make sure you bring the substance....She does and can't help but admire and respect her body of work. I have thought on the image...Has so many meanings. Inspiring and priceless.

Hell, I want her to run. She has my vote.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.