Author Topic: Free food  (Read 1323 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Free food
« on: August 28, 2011, 09:13:04 PM »
My coupon efforts have fallen off my radar as I took care of my surgery-recovering daughter, get ready for a new school year, etc, etc.

But I was reminded of something that really cool. Yesterday an email coupon for a free ice cream cone arrived from baskin Robbins and a mailed coupon from Starbucks for a free coffee came also--both because it's my birthday.  Not really but I figured I do have one every year and so when I sign up for emails I pick a date.

Anyway, these were in response to having signed up for emails. I set up an email account specifically for signing up for restaurants' emails and newsletters.

We were going out to eat recently and because we'd planned it ahead I was able to sign up for the restaurant's newsletter and get a coupon for a free dessert to welcome us to their restaurant. They sent it out the next day.  Some places take weeks to send their initial coupons.  Some rarely send.  Some tie it to your "birthday". I like Noodles & Co because you get a free dish on your birthday. There's a restaurant near where I live that gives kids under 12 a coupon for a free meal on their birthday and you can even get it to go. 

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Free food
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 07:16:44 PM »
Good work!!I'm still chipping away.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Re: Free food
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 07:33:15 PM »
I got a coupon in the mail for a free pizza on my birthday, and I had never eaten at that place before.  It was OK, but not great.  I bought a couple of beers to go with it, but I haven't been back there since then.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt