Author Topic: Tennessee Redistricting  (Read 1371 times)

charlesoakwood

Tennessee Redistricting
« on: August 29, 2011, 04:34:07 PM »

It appears the Republicans are trying to take Tennesse.  It's about time.

[blockquote]

http://blogs.metropulse.com/the_daily_pulse/2011/08/redistricting-starts-with-an-r.html]Redistricting Starts with an "R"[/url]

So a supposedly likely (but still tentative) redistricting plan has been leaked. And boy, are Nashville Democrats unhappy about it.

Here's what it looks like:  http://www.redracinghorses.com/diary/800/rrh-redistricting-series-part-16-tennessee-81-aka-the-ketronmander

Compare that to this map, which is how the current districts are drawn:  http://blogs.metropulse.com/the_daily_pulse/assets_c/2011/08/Congressional-13890.html

http://blogs.tennessean.com/politics/2011/jim-cooper-karl-dean-meet-with-tennessean-editorial-board/

http://blogs.tennessean.com/politics/tag/ketronmander/

[/blockquote]

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Tennessee Redistricting
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 05:26:31 PM »
Wow....I like it. Republican strongholds around memphis have been removed and memphis has been lumped with other strong dem areas. LOL....It is the only "safe" area I see for them. Nashville (davidson county) has little of the surrounding counties in thier district ( all surrounding counties vote republican) and enough conservative areas to make elections interesting. My area (cd6) is so republican a dem might as well forget running, much less winning. Traditional East tennessee has isolated Knoxville, but they are lumped with many conservative northern counries, making Knoxville viable to a win.

Wow again.....I can see a 8-1 advantage here with the worst being 6-3. Kudos to tennessee for taking it to the dems. Bout damn time.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 07:13:10 PM »
I see it as turn around being fair play.Good on them! ::whoohoo::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 09:47:39 PM »
Maybe they can pass a state law banning AlGore and declaring Climate Change or whateverthehellitiscallednow a cult that won't be tolerated!

;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 10:04:57 PM »
Yeah, dream on.  Nobody, not even conservatives, are willing to do that with islam.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 10:08:39 PM »
Republicans are trying to accomplish similar redistricting goals in Wisconsin, and the Dems are suing on the grounds that there is a constitutional right for Democrats to win elections.

From the complaint...
[blockquote]“Under the [redistricting] legislation, Democrats have little chance of attaining and retaining a majority in either the Senate or the Assembly, or in the congressional delegation giving them little ability to overcome minority status at any point over the next decade.”[/blockquote]
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 06:45:40 AM »
Republicans are trying to accomplish similar redistricting goals in Wisconsin, and the Dems are suing on the grounds that there is a constitutional right for Democrats to win elections.

From the complaint...
[blockquote]“Under the [redistricting] legislation, Democrats have little chance of attaining and retaining a majority in either the Senate or the Assembly, or in the congressional delegation giving them little ability to overcome minority status at any point over the next decade.”[/blockquote]

Spoiled little brats...the entitlement mentality has completely rotted out their heads!

Tough, you Dem's lost!

Time to implement Operation Eradication!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 10:54:44 AM »
We redistricted here in LA last this year when the census showed we dropped in population. I'm not getting a tingling down my leg because of the MANY RINO's we have.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 08:21:42 PM »

From the complaint...

Good luck with that one.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie