Author Topic: Its Child Abuse!  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Its Child Abuse!
« on: August 30, 2011, 08:52:06 AM »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Its Child Abuse!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 09:32:06 AM »
Once upon a time this would have been unbelievable.

Some of the comments are interesting; all about "child safety".  Also interesting is "riding the bus is not mandatory" as a defense of the mother's decision to let the girl bike to school.  Since when is it okay with people that the school/law can make school-bus riding mandatory?  It's a rhetorical question, of course.

So, now this mother has to put up with the intrusion of Child "Protective" Services as well.

*sigh*
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 09:36:42 AM »
My spidey-sense is telling me there's more to this story. No link in the blog-post, coupled with the outrageousness of the post. Still, it would not surprise me to learn that it is indeed true.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 09:39:25 AM »
There's no link because there's no media report.  There's a police incident report, though, cited in comments by the mother in question, and a recital of the conversation between the blogger and the school principal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 11:16:24 AM »
I would make that officers head spin with how fast and how hard I would tell him to stay the frick out of my families business!  You bother my kid again and I will have your ass!

!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 11:23:17 AM »
In the mother's own words, from the link above:

TennesseeWoman said...

First of all thank you so much for the support, this is my daughter. I have presented this to all in the most factual matter possible. Her school is Harold McCormick Elementary School, however the school itself is not having any problems with her riding. There is a bike rack located in front of the school and they have assigned a place for her to keep her helmet as well. According to Major Verran a cps worker will be at my home today.

Absolutely chilling . . .
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 11:49:41 AM »
Thug tactics have to be challenged, period.  I would call local news outlets and make a citizens arrest of this CPS clown.  Take me to court, make a jury believe this Nazi crap makes any sense whatsoever!

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 11:53:30 AM »
CPS my azz. When Random was in the fourth grade she complained at school because her maternal parental unit has slapped her around. CPS was called but declined to get involved - and failed to inform me of the incident. Come the day you know who I will take out first. Well, OK - second.  ::whoohoo::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 12:20:11 PM »
CPS my azz.

I read a story almost 20 years ago that's stayed with me.  It was about a little boy who'd died by his mother's hand.  He'd been taken from her THREE times and returned each time to her care. She hung him. I think he was 6.

As a homeschooling family we all too well aware that CPS is often used to intimidate and harass home schoolers.  Accusations of neglect can come from such things as dirty dishes piled in the sink, unmade beds or baskets of laundry sitting in the kitchen.

I wonder what the mother had done to make her a target of this cop or does he generally go around and intimidate people.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 12:26:31 PM »
CPS my azz. When Random was in the fourth grade she complained at school because her maternal parental unit has slapped her around. CPS was called but declined to get involved - and failed to inform me of the incident. Come the day you know who I will take out first. Well, OK - second.  ::whoohoo::

Problem is CPS has the ability to take your kids first, and it might be years before you have a day in court.  The assumption is your are guilty till proven innocent, and there are almost no legal checks on their power. After all "its for the children's safety" they must be bundled off to a foster home or other care facility where they might well find themselves dealing with much rougher and more disturbed children.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 12:38:12 PM »
Maybe one day I'll share some CPS stories but I don't want to spoil your week. For now I'm sticking to...."Payback is a mutherfcker"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 01:09:23 PM »
Maybe one day I'll share some CPS stories but I don't want to spoil your week. For now I'm sticking to...."Payback is a mutherfcker"

That CPS does things when they shouldn't, and doesn't do them when they should just means they are a government entity, and therefore should never be trusted.

ttomm46

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 02:26:21 PM »
the police state seems to get bigger and bigger!! ::speechless::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 02:30:04 PM »

And it will continue to do so until we the people force it to stop.

Welcome back, by the way.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 02:32:55 PM »

Hey, welcome ttomm, thanks for joining in.

ttomm46

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 03:31:37 PM »

sorry..I'd forgotten I joined ::falldownshocked::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 06:01:34 PM »

You're in now and have to stay!

Please!

;)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2011, 06:03:37 PM »

Must be an old codger. ::hysterical:: Welcome!!!
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

ttomm46

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 12:46:59 PM »

Must be an old codger. ::hysterical:: Welcome!!!
bINGO! ::thumbsup::