Author Topic: Dear Federal Government: Go To Hell  (Read 739 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Dear Federal Government: Go To Hell
« on: September 07, 2011, 10:28:22 AM »
by Michael Boldin

NOTE: The following was based on a speech given at a freedom rally hosted by State sovereignty advocate and Washington State Representative Matt Shea on Aug. 30.

Almost everyone I know has written a letter to the Federal government. Many of them have contacted their Representatives or Senators at some point. They have emailed, faxed or even called — asking, demanding or just plain begging these politicians to do something or not.

I never have.

Why? Because I believe it is an absurd idea to ask the Federal government to fix problems it created, and that doing so just doesn’t work.

http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2011/09/04/dear-federal-government-go-to-hell/

Took the words RIGHT out of my mouth! ::rant::

« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:31:39 AM by jpatrickham »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Dear Federal Government: Go To Hell
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 12:41:51 PM »
If "government" wanted problems fixed, they'd be fixed.  They don't, so they're not.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 02:36:02 PM »
If "government" wanted problems fixed, they'd be fixed.  They don't, so they're not.

Then we'll have to do it for them.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 02:37:01 PM »

Yes, we will.  But for us, not for them.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 02:39:30 PM »

Yes, we will.  But for us, not for them.

::thumbsup::