Author Topic: My Depression!  (Read 1461 times)

ttomm46

My Depression!
« on: September 07, 2011, 12:24:47 PM »
Good Day all.

during my life I've battled depression off and on but right now I feel an awful foreboding ,,,The way the world is going ,especially America things are looking totally bleak to me...

We are surrounded by enemies of freedom, God, what's right....

solzhenitsyn said the first thing on the way to a country losing it's freedom is a press that can write anything it wants to, true or not..!..
The liberals, The fact that about half the people in this country are brain dead morons and traitors for voting for this piece of sh*t Obama....

I'm active in the TEA party but the odds seem overwhelming....Does anyone actually believe that they will give up power no matter what the election results are..Besides i believe it will be fixed anyway....

Then I wonder why i'm depressed....I'm ready for God to kick ass..
My cheerful thoughts today...How can I enjoy life wondering how we are slowly being enslaved... ::doublebird::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: My Depression!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 12:43:27 PM »
during my life I've battled depression off and on but right now I feel an awful foreboding ,,,The way the world is going ,especially America things are looking totally bleak to me...
My cheerful thoughts today...How can I enjoy life wondering how we are slowly being enslaved... ::doublebird::
Chin up.  Depression is the 4th stage of Grief. You will be through it in a bit. Then comes acceptance, and you get on with doing what must be done. I found watching  Firefly/Serenity and Lord of the Rings to be very theraputic.

I can't say I KNOW what must be done, but you can't think straight or see all of the options until you accept the situation.
Personally, I am working on my own Firefly and Going Galt, so I can try to just keep a out of their reach.

First Rule of Flying, by Mal Reynolds

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 01:07:43 PM »
Good Day all.

solzhenitsyn said the first thing on the way to a country losing it's freedom is a press that can write anything it wants to, true or not..!..
The liberals, The fact that about half the people in this country are brain dead morons and traitors for voting for this piece of sh*t Obama....

I'm active in the TEA party but the odds seem overwhelming....Does anyone actually believe that they will give up power no matter what the election results are..Besides i believe it will be fixed anyway....

Many days I have felt this way, in despair. 

Prayer often helps, and focusing for a bit on some of life's smaller things that can still be enjoyed, like a good meal.  It's not much, but it's something that's still possible and to be thankful for.

Beck has said all of us are alive now for a reason and I believe that; we each have our job to do -- I have no idea what mine is, but I'm sure I'll find out, as will you, because it is we whom God will use to "kick ass".

My good friend always tells me, "in the end, God always wins"; sometimes that sets my teeth on edge for reasons I won't go into here, but I believe that to be true as well, and so, His is Whose side I am on.

{Plus, it helps me to have a place to go -- here -- to vent, give and receive encouragement.}
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

ttomm46

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 01:59:41 PM »
Thanks all..Prayer seems to be all i have right now...

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 02:10:24 PM »
...I found watching... Lord of the Rings to be very theraputic.

Tolkien - like his good friend CS Lewis whom Tolkien led to the Cross - was a devout Christian man, and there is little credible doubt that his crowning achievement was allegory to man's struggle against evil from a Christian perspective. Not only is watching it therapeutic, but perhaps also instructional.

Watch this ttomm - seriously, please do - and see if the task at hand does not become a bit more focused.

Aragorn's Speech
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 02:26:39 PM »
I understand where you're coming from, completely. That said, I have crossed some invisible threshold where the situation paradoxically gives me an odd sense of hope. I think that comes from the "Acceptance" stage, where you accept that hitting the iceberg is now an inevitability and the focus of our energies should be on how to manage that eventuality rather trying to prevent it (too late for that). 5-10 years ago I was just as aware of the decay of Western civilization, but then it seemed more like something that would limp along until finally succumbing to decadence and demographics, i.e. there was a more profound sense of futility. I at least now have some hope that jig is up and the future is no longer the certainty that it seemed it would be, even just a few years ago.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

ttomm46

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 02:37:08 PM »
Great video....I guess when I think about God being in charge is always are we protected somewhat since so many good people have been slaughtered by those like Hitler and Stalin......Yes, I actually do believe Obama is in the same mold ::puke::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 04:32:45 PM »
Take a walk outside and emty you thoughts about the travesties around us. Concentrate on the Lord's  gift of Creation. Take in the landscapes around you and be amazed as I am at what is.

Hear O' Israel, the Lord is my God, the Lord is One. Amen.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 08:13:19 PM »
I'll ditto that, I walk a lot.  Will reflect & pray.  Will read a favorite book.  Will vent my angst here.  Without that I would be a hurting unit!  We are a nice little family here and I appreciate all who drop in!

::thumbsup::

Oh hey, and I can't leave out the gun range...very therapeutic!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 08:25:14 PM »
Good Day all.

I'll encourage you to stay strong and faithful. God doesn't put more on us than we can bear. Take comfort that in the end, victory is ours.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 08:44:05 PM »
"Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." - Psalm 55:22

Basically, that whole book of Psalm's is a treasure in and of itself!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 09:02:46 PM »

Beck has said all of us are alive now for a reason and I believe that; we each have our job to do -- I have no idea what mine is, but I'm sure I'll find out, as will you, because it is we whom God will use to "kick ass".

I agree.  And I don't worry about when and where I'll have to act.  I believe He'll make it clear when I have to make a choice.  That's happen in small ways in my life already (like when the doctors gave me a choice to abort or when despite the outcry from my family we choose homeschooling) so I have no doubt I'll recognize anything bigger. I figure my duty is to be ready.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."