Author Topic: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition  (Read 90709 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2012, 01:40:03 PM »
No way a Reagan landslide ever happens again for Republicans unless something earth-shattering happens to change the electorate or the GOP. There have been demographic and political shifts that have taken many states out of contention, for both parties.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2012, 02:01:54 PM »
No way a Reagan landslide ever happens again for Republicans unless something earth-shattering happens to change the electorate or the GOP. There have been demographic and political shifts that have taken many states out of contention, for both parties.

Yesterday on my way home I heard some numbers on how many dems went to repubs for this cycle and the dems have lost quite a few of the fathfull.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2012, 02:03:24 PM »

That was my first thought.  My second thought was that
Reagan carried New York, Massachusetts, all the bluest
east coast and west coast.  Hey, I think Romney might
even carry Minnesota.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2012, 02:04:49 PM »
We're on the verge of it being mathematically impossible for a Republican to win the presidency.  2012 will probably be the last such opportunity, and it will come down to no bigger than a 52-48 split.  Yes, even with things as awful as they are. We simply have a near-critical mass of voters who will vote for the Free sh*t Party no matter what.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2012, 02:08:57 PM »

Does this mean, you know, that we don't have a consensus of opinion?
                                                                                              ::falldownshocked::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2012, 02:44:53 PM »
I think you could just call it being accustomed to disappointment, on my part at least.

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2012, 05:31:17 PM »
I think you could just call it being accustomed to disappointment, on my part at least.

Always with the negative waves, Moriarty.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2012, 06:54:52 PM »
This is my favorite drinking glass.  Yes I do own one.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2012, 08:03:30 PM »
I got to get me one of those glasses...

The GOP (aka Team BOHICA) screws me over every time.

But it should say "Realist" though, how many times do we have to get raped before we say pessimist is the wrong word? 

::whatgives::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2012, 08:11:47 PM »

::hysterical::
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2012, 08:18:23 PM »

I ought to own one; it's the way I think, always have.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2012, 02:02:18 AM »

Extreme prejudice = electoral landslide
Yup.  Will he win more or less states than
Reagan and which State will that be?

Less. But still I think this will be no Rove-engineered victory where one state makes the difference and the vote difference is razor thin. I think that Romney is going to beat him by several states.

O'Bongo is a menace and a dumbass. One of the many, many things that make him unelectable this time around is that he thinks that everyone else is a dumbass. Allow me to illustrate this point with a current event:

Exhibit A

Obama: If you've been successful you didn't get there on your own.

Exhibit B

Obama: You know that speech where I said, "You didn't build that?" I didn't say that...you just thought I said that. No, really, I said something completely different and if you don't agree with me then you are dumber than Biden. And, hey, did I mention that my campaign website takes credit cards?

Clearly this is a pathetic attempt at damage control which comes off as an insult to the intelligence of anyone and everyone who heard and saw the original speech.

Team Dumbass is being forced to go this route because the polls and focus groups are indicating that the GOP is using O'Bongo's own words against him to devastating effect. Rasmussen reports that a staggering 72% of likely voters, the absolute best group to poll from, believe that the First Dumbass is wrong, dead wrong on this issue.

Most Americans believe entrepreneurs who start businesses do more to create jobs and economic growth than big businesses or government. They also believe overwhelmingly that small business owners work harder than other Americans and are primarily responsible for the success or failure of their businesses.

Seventy-two percent (72%) of Likely U.S. Voters believe that people who start small businesses are primarily responsible for their success or failure.

Arch conservative (seriously, he is) Pat Sajak said this about President Zero's "you didn't build that" profundity:

It's as if President Obama climbed into a tank, put on his helmet, talked about how his foray into Cambodia was seared in his memory, looked at his watch, misspelled "potato" and pardoned Richard Nixon all in the same day. It's fun to imagine the hand-wringing that must be going on within the White House as staffers try to figure out how to undo the damage their boss has done with his anti-entrepenurial riff. Defining moments in politics are strange beasts. Sometimes they're only recognized in hindsight, while sometimes they throw the train off the tracks before a sentence has been completed. Sometimes their effect can be contained and minimized, while sometimes their effect on the political narrative mestastasizes. This one is very bad for the White House.

These defining moments take hold most devastatingly when they confirm what a large portion of the electorate already believes. Taken alone, it seems unfair that a single moment, an unguarded remark or a slip of the tongue can carry such weight. They're often dismissed as "gotcha" moments, but when voters are able to nod and say, "I knew it," these moments stick and do terrible damage. We have witnessed such a moment.

But the best part? O'Bongo still thinks he's a genius and the electorate is a bunch of morons and he will not make any attempt to hide that belief between now and election day. I predict that as things spiral further out of control he will become all the more resentful and visibly angry toward the voters. It's the narcissist way and O'Bongo knows no other.

Hey, I could be completely wrong and the voters could re-elect this idiot. I don't think so but it remains within the realm of possible outcomes. But here's what's cool for me: I feel incredibly confident that he's going to go down in flames and that allows me to relax and wait for election day virtually worry-free. I haven't had this sort of peace and tranquility about an election outcome since Reagan. It's liberating.

So, between now and the first Tuesday in November when the O'Bongo campaign finally augers into the ground at mach speed I will be treated to day after day and week after week of the ever increasing desperation and despair of Democrats and leftists.

Good times, good times.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 02:12:16 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2012, 06:57:29 AM »
You could post that grotesquely retarded Obama commercial where he uses Mitt singing "America" too, I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that is going over like a lead balloon.

Since I cannot discount the massive level of fraud, deceit and outright lies coming from Team Obungle, or the influx of foreign cash or the complete stupidity of a large segment of the population to support the SCoaMF (including all those new illegal voters streaming in!)...I cannot say I share your optimistic appraisal of the electoral result, but I am more than willing to be pleasantly surprised the morning of November 7th.

Assuming a Romney win is in the cards...all we have to see then is if Oba-Mao has any interest in surrendering power...and I shudder to think what nefarious actions he puts in place on the way out even if he leaves willingly!  Isn't a new President restricted by law from overturning previous Executive Orders for like 30 days or something?  And who knows what other poison pills he leaves behind, or what bombshells come to light once he does?!

Oh, and before we crown Mitt he still has to choose a running mate, and with the names floated thusfar I am not seeing a whole hell of a lot for conservatives to jump up and down in delirious delight over.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2012, 07:45:01 AM »
You could post that grotesquely retarded Obama commercial where he uses Mitt singing "America" too, I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that is going over like a lead balloon.

Since I cannot discount the massive level of fraud, deceit and outright lies coming from Team Obungle, or the influx of foreign cash or the complete stupidity of a large segment of the population to support the SCoaMF (including all those new illegal voters streaming in!)...I cannot say I share your optimistic appraisal of the electoral result, but I am more than willing to be pleasantly surprised the morning of November 7th.

Assuming a Romney win is in the cards...all we have to see then is if Oba-Mao has any interest in surrendering power...and I shudder to think what nefarious actions he puts in place on the way out even if he leaves willingly!  Isn't a new President restricted by law from overturning previous Executive Orders for like 30 days or something?  And who knows what other poison pills he leaves behind, or what bombshells come to light once he does?!

Oh, and before we crown Mitt he still has to choose a running mate, and with the names floated thusfar I am not seeing a whole hell of a lot for conservatives to jump up and down in delirious delight over.

I don't think either side is going for a one punch knock out,it's the total effect of the drip drip drip that they're counting on.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2012, 08:52:44 AM »

Extreme prejudice = electoral landslide
Yup.  Will he win more or less states than
Reagan and which State will that be?

Less. But still I think this will be no Rove-engineered victory where one state makes the difference and the vote difference is razor thin. I think that Romney is going to beat him by several states.

O'Bongo is a menace and a dumbass. One of the many, many things that make him unelectable this time around is that he thinks that everyone else is a dumbass. Allow me to illustrate this point with a current event:

Exhibit A

Obama: If you've been successful you didn't get there on your own.

Exhibit B

Obama: You know that speech where I said, "You didn't build that?" I didn't say that...you just thought I said that. No, really, I said something completely different and if you don't agree with me then you are dumber than Biden. And, hey, did I mention that my campaign website takes credit cards?

Clearly this is a pathetic attempt at damage control which comes off as an insult to the intelligence of anyone and everyone who heard and saw the original speech.

Team Dumbass is being forced to go this route because the polls and focus groups are indicating that the GOP is using O'Bongo's own words against him to devastating effect. Rasmussen reports that a staggering 72% of likely voters, the absolute best group to poll from, believe that the First Dumbass is wrong, dead wrong on this issue.

Most Americans believe entrepreneurs who start businesses do more to create jobs and economic growth than big businesses or government. They also believe overwhelmingly that small business owners work harder than other Americans and are primarily responsible for the success or failure of their businesses.

Seventy-two percent (72%) of Likely U.S. Voters believe that people who start small businesses are primarily responsible for their success or failure.

Arch conservative (seriously, he is) Pat Sajak said this about President Zero's "you didn't build that" profundity:

It's as if President Obama climbed into a tank, put on his helmet, talked about how his foray into Cambodia was seared in his memory, looked at his watch, misspelled "potato" and pardoned Richard Nixon all in the same day. It's fun to imagine the hand-wringing that must be going on within the White House as staffers try to figure out how to undo the damage their boss has done with his anti-entrepenurial riff. Defining moments in politics are strange beasts. Sometimes they're only recognized in hindsight, while sometimes they throw the train off the tracks before a sentence has been completed. Sometimes their effect can be contained and minimized, while sometimes their effect on the political narrative mestastasizes. This one is very bad for the White House.

These defining moments take hold most devastatingly when they confirm what a large portion of the electorate already believes. Taken alone, it seems unfair that a single moment, an unguarded remark or a slip of the tongue can carry such weight. They're often dismissed as "gotcha" moments, but when voters are able to nod and say, "I knew it," these moments stick and do terrible damage. We have witnessed such a moment.

But the best part? O'Bongo still thinks he's a genius and the electorate is a bunch of morons and he will not make any attempt to hide that belief between now and election day. I predict that as things spiral further out of control he will become all the more resentful and visibly angry toward the voters. It's the narcissist way and O'Bongo knows no other.

Hey, I could be completely wrong and the voters could re-elect this idiot. I don't think so but it remains within the realm of possible outcomes. But here's what's cool for me: I feel incredibly confident that he's going to go down in flames and that allows me to relax and wait for election day virtually worry-free. I haven't had this sort of peace and tranquility about an election outcome since Reagan. It's liberating.

So, between now and the first Tuesday in November when the O'Bongo campaign finally augers into the ground at mach speed I will be treated to day after day and week after week of the ever increasing desperation and despair of Democrats and leftists.

Good times, good times.

Disclaimer:

I'm Barack obama and I didn't approve the first message.....but I do the second.

Don't be surprised if he isn't outfitted with a pair of glasses.....but they won't be glasses but mini telepromptors. Gotta keep this fool on message.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2012, 11:40:50 AM »
 ::facepalm::

I could see the SCoaMF doing that too...

Time to look into electro-magnetic interference devices to throw that crap off kilter!

::evil::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2012, 10:10:57 PM »
This ad is devastating...

Didn't Build That

So is this one...

It Worked

I would say that if these ran for a few weeks it would drive O'Bongo down at least two points.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2012, 07:09:09 AM »
That's sad, the America I once knew, they would have driven this fool down 20% without needing any ad!

I was born in the wrong age...

Why?!  Why?!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2012, 08:15:09 AM »
That's sad, the America I once knew, they would have driven this fool down 20% without needing any ad!

Why?!  Why?!

Your parents didn't meet till later on,DUH!
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2012, 11:34:30 AM »

Why?!  Why?!

Your parents didn't meet till later on,DUH!

OK, who gave this cat the catnip?   ::saywhat::   ::slapfight::