Author Topic: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition  (Read 90914 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition
« Reply #180 on: August 08, 2012, 04:50:55 PM »

In my never to be humble opinion, too many of them did not have that "Mine! Mine! Mine" slapped out of them as kids; their parent/s conceded to the "my room" and "my money" bull-onee, instead of setting them straight on who was providing the money for the room they claimed as theirs, and how any of them with access to "my money" had it because it wasn't confiscated "on account".

I know that sounds harsh to some, but it's a plain truth.

Well, if my kids read that they'd laugh and say that sounds like me. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2012, 07:21:56 AM »
Stymie is above it all though, yeah, Team Obama is clean and articulate in their doubling down of distraction!  Don't look over there!  Look over here!  Mitt's welfare ad is a huge lie!  He's a liar, who cares about anything else, look at that liar!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-camp-denies-knowledge-cancer-tale-told-may-195237581.html

Too many evil faces...not enough mud puddles...

::)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2012, 09:35:37 AM »
As enraging as it is that they so blatantly lie and hurl misdirection mud, that's not what really sets me off.  What sets me off is that it apparently works.

Let's face it, the people of this country are intellectually, morally, and ethically incompetent. I guess living under the statist boot heel is what they deserve. I mean, they keep falling for Democrat demagoguery time and time again. I harbor a lot of deep resentment for the morons of this country and I hope they suffer horribly under the Leftism they want so badly.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #183 on: August 09, 2012, 11:19:36 AM »
Oh, most definitely!  They know a large segment of our population are little better than domesticated animals looking to be led by the nose!  I'm always commenting on the latest evidence showing the moral and (especially) intellectual decline of the human gene pool...the evidence is overwhelming!  I agree there are millions of people fully deserving the enslavement, misery and death that is the ONLY promise of the statist vision...hard not to care about them...it's just the rest of us I am concerned about...then I just get volcanically pissed at the proponents and appeasers of this BS!

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #184 on: August 09, 2012, 11:43:51 AM »
As enraging as it is that they so blatantly lie and hurl misdirection mud, that's not what really sets me off.  What sets me off is that it apparently works.

Let's face it, the people of this country are intellectually, morally, and ethically incompetent. I guess living under the statist boot heel is what they deserve. I mean, they keep falling for Democrat demagoguery time and time again. I harbor a lot of deep resentment for the morons of this country and I hope they suffer horribly under the Leftism they want so badly.

Looking for a justification of thier beliefs....obama delivers another line of democratic demagog. Mission accomplished.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #185 on: August 09, 2012, 12:01:59 PM »

....obama delivers another line of democratic demagog.

Should read  "democratic demagag" .

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #186 on: August 09, 2012, 12:07:23 PM »

....obama delivers another line of democratic demagog.

Should read  "democratic demagag" .

My fingers were gagging as I typed.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #187 on: August 10, 2012, 04:09:40 AM »
Oh, most definitely!  They know a large segment of our population are little better than domesticated animals looking to be led by the nose!  I'm always commenting on the latest evidence showing the moral and (especially) intellectual decline of the human gene pool...the evidence is overwhelming!  I agree there are millions of people fully deserving the enslavement, misery and death that is the ONLY promise of the statist vision...hard not to care about them...it's just the rest of us I am concerned about...then I just get volcanically pissed at the proponents and appeasers of this BS!

Agreed , Libertas . But I began wondering yesterday what should be said about broadcast and cable channels which agree to run ( for money of course ) this Soptic ad when they know full well that it's false and obviously so disgracefully low-lifed .

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #188 on: August 10, 2012, 07:02:51 AM »

Agreed , Libertas . But I began wondering yesterday what should be said about broadcast and cable channels which agree to run ( for money of course ) this Soptic ad when they know full well that it's false and obviously so disgracefully low-lifed .

Asking media whores to take a pass on easy money is like getting a hooker to give up a freebie...unless you're her pimp and threaten to rough her up a bit there is zero chance.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #189 on: August 10, 2012, 01:53:14 PM »

Asking media whores to take a pass on easy money is like getting a hooker to give up a freebie...unless you're her pimp and threaten to rough her up a bit there is zero chance.

It's axiomatic that if ever there is a real curb on election spending the ones who will be screaming the loudest will be the media . That's where the bulk of the money goes . They love this sh*t !

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #190 on: August 10, 2012, 02:06:17 PM »
A devastating counter punch...

Gallup daily job approval is now at 43%

Intrade has the thug at 58% chance of being re-elected. If I was an Intrade player (I'm not) I would be short selling this puppy. I would guess that the price collapse (it's at $5.80 a share now) is imminent.

Oh, and have gas prices started going up where you live? I'm in CO and they bottomed about two weeks ago and have begun a rather quick march back up. Perfect timing for the conventions.

I really would like to see Nate Silver take a huge credibility hit for his forecasting skills. Last election this guy was touted as being the infallible oracle of the left and since then he has gotten a gig at the NYTs. He has forecast President Downgrade being re-elected with a 73% chance. I, of course, just don't see it that way. Here and now, today, I see O'Bongo's chances as 50% at best. He has states leaning left that I think are toss ups at this point. I guess we will know something soon...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 02:29:10 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #191 on: August 10, 2012, 04:03:57 PM »
Oh, and have gas prices started going up where you live? I'm in CO and they bottomed about two weeks ago and have begun a rather quick march back up. Perfect timing for the conventions.

Yep. .15/gal in less than a week.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #192 on: August 10, 2012, 10:15:43 PM »
This site (Hope n' Change Cartoons) is most definitely worth a look. I think I'll be bookmarking it...

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #193 on: August 11, 2012, 02:19:39 AM »
If indeed it’s Ryan, even the media may have to start focusing on the most serious issues — and that’s bad news for Obama.

That's from Ed Morrissey at HotAir and it's a very valid point.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #194 on: August 11, 2012, 09:33:54 AM »
I made the comment on the Veep thread too that forcing the RINOs & AINOs to march to the tickets economic plans (the Ryan Plan being the centerpiece) could be interesting too.

All of the bugs are about to get smoked out.

Watch Team Hopium to go even more negative, you can bank on it.

Which brings us back to the same point we've been making all along...Mitt has to start grabbing Obama by the nose and kick him in the ass, no more defense, all offense or go home.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #195 on: August 11, 2012, 09:50:02 AM »

Mitt, paint a gNewt face on him and go for it.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #196 on: August 11, 2012, 12:17:23 PM »

Mitt, paint a gNewt face on him and go for it.

I was thinking the same thing.....The debates would be so fun.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #197 on: August 11, 2012, 12:27:51 PM »
This site (Hope n' Change Cartoons) is most definitely worth a look. I think I'll be bookmarking it...

Bookmarked....

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #198 on: August 11, 2012, 05:58:50 PM »
funny,funny

my daughter and I had a good laugh
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #199 on: August 12, 2012, 07:41:05 PM »
One of the things that I have seen in several places (I'm not listing or linking them because, well, because they are written by idiots) is that O'Bongo now has it made. Why, you ask?

Well the "theory" is that now that Ryan is on the ticket we have a "choice" election on our hands and that is exactly what O'Bongo has been pushing for...that he can only win a "choice" election.

Frankly, I am finding the thinking on this to be a bit one dimensional. The counter to the "choice" election is the "referendum" election. I do not see why the election can't be both a "choice" and a "referendum" type of election. I mean, why not? Why can't it be both? I think it will be both.

I think that it was always going to be a "referendum" election...can anyone point to anything that O'Bongo has done that he can run on? I guess he could run on the "I made the gutsy call that killed OBL" theme but that, although important, is pretty thin gruel to base an entire campaign on. O'Bongo and his minions know this, too and that's why they aren't using it. Most every other thing that this idiot has in his "accomplishment" column is an utter disaster.

So...referendum. Who in their right mind (obviously excludes the Democrat base) wants another four years of this crap? In a referendum election (think Carter in 1980) the voters are merely looking for anyone who can be perceived as reasonably competent to replace the current bumbling loser. I think we have that type of election right now and will continue to have it all the way into November.

But now, if you can believe the gleeful media, O'Bongo has gotten his wish and it's a "choice" election. I guess they think that they will be able to define Romney by way of Ryan as someone who is going to really screw up the country. This would be an excellent strategy if all things economy were just humming along. But, as everyone knows, they aren't. In fact, things are really screwed up and the public is no longer buying the argument that O'Bongo inherited it from GWB. All evidence to the contrary, most people aren't stupid enough to believe such utter tripe. This is O'Bongo's economy. He owns is. It's not hard to see regardless of how the media attempts to spin it.

People know two things instinctively...that O'Bongo is responsible for the current state of affairs and that he will say literally anything about his opponent in order to deny him votes. Therefore, I think that a lot of people (other than the brain dead base) aren't going to lend too much credence to anything coming out of the O'Bongo campaign.

Don't get me wrong...it's still a sales job for Romney and Ryan to put themselves and their vision in a very positive light. They have to close the deal and this is completely do-able. Then it's back to the "referendum" election: More misery versus something (anything) new that doesn't sound unreasonable.

I think we will know soon enough how this is going to play out, though. Give it two weeks...three tops...and we will know if the American public is truly stupid or not. Most people aren't going to vote for more punishment regardless of how it's packaged and propped up.