Author Topic: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition  (Read 90944 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition
« Reply #200 on: August 12, 2012, 07:59:00 PM »
One of the things that I have seen in several places (I'm not listing or linking them because, well, because they are written by idiots) is that O'Bongo now has it made. Why, you ask?

Well the "theory" is that now that Ryan is on the ticket we have a "choice" election on our hands and that is exactly what O'Bongo has been pushing for...that he can only win a "choice" election.

Frankly, I am finding the thinking on this to be a bit one dimensional. The counter to the "choice" election is the "referendum" election. I do not see why the election can't be both a "choice" and a "referendum" type of election. I mean, why not? Why can't it be both? I think it will be both.

I think that it was always going to be a "referendum" election...can anyone point to anything that O'Bongo has done that he can run on? I guess he could run on the "I made the gutsy call that killed OBL" theme but that, although important, is pretty thin gruel to base an entire campaign on. O'Bongo and his minions know this, too and that's why they aren't using it. Most every other thing that this idiot has in his "accomplishment" column is an utter disaster.

So...referendum. Who in their right mind (obviously excludes the Democrat base) wants another four years of this crap? In a referendum election (think Carter in 1980) the voters are merely looking for anyone who can be perceived as reasonably competent to replace the current bumbling loser. I think we have that type of election right now and will continue to have it all the way into November.

But now, if you can believe the gleeful media, O'Bongo has gotten his wish and it's a "choice" election. I guess they think that they will be able to define Romney by way of Ryan as someone who is going to really screw up the country. This would be an excellent strategy if all things economy were just humming along. But, as everyone knows, they aren't. In fact, things are really screwed up and the public is no longer buying the argument that O'Bongo inherited it from GWB. All evidence to the contrary, most people aren't stupid enough to believe such utter tripe. This is O'Bongo's economy. He owns is. It's not hard to see regardless of how the media attempts to spin it.

People know two things instinctively...that O'Bongo is responsible for the current state of affairs and that he will say literally anything about his opponent in order to deny him votes. Therefore, I think that a lot of people (other than the brain dead base) aren't going to lend too much credence to anything coming out of the O'Bongo campaign.

Don't get me wrong...it's still a sales job for Romney and Ryan to put themselves and their vision in a very positive light. They have to close the deal and this is completely do-able. Then it's back to the "referendum" election: More misery versus something (anything) new that doesn't sound unreasonable.

I think we will know soon enough how this is going to play out, though. Give it two weeks...three tops...and we will know if the American public is truly stupid or not. Most people aren't going to vote for more punishment regardless of how it's packaged and propped up.

They want to make this an election of "choice", cool.
They are going to lose and when they do we will say
the nation has spoken and we as a people have made
the choice of life.  I like it.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #201 on: August 12, 2012, 09:00:01 PM »
 ::praying::
One of the things that I have seen in several places (I'm not listing or linking them because, well, because they are written by idiots) is that O'Bongo now has it made. Why, you ask?

Well the "theory" is that now that Ryan is on the ticket we have a "choice" election on our hands and that is exactly what O'Bongo has been pushing for...that he can only win a "choice" election.

Frankly, I am finding the thinking on this to be a bit one dimensional. The counter to the "choice" election is the "referendum" election. I do not see why the election can't be both a "choice" and a "referendum" type of election. I mean, why not? Why can't it be both? I think it will be both.

I think that it was always going to be a "referendum" election...can anyone point to anything that O'Bongo has done that he can run on? I guess he could run on the "I made the gutsy call that killed OBL" theme but that, although important, is pretty thin gruel to base an entire campaign on. O'Bongo and his minions know this, too and that's why they aren't using it. Most every other thing that this idiot has in his "accomplishment" column is an utter disaster.

So...referendum. Who in their right mind (obviously excludes the Democrat base) wants another four years of this crap? In a referendum election (think Carter in 1980) the voters are merely looking for anyone who can be perceived as reasonably competent to replace the current bumbling loser. I think we have that type of election right now and will continue to have it all the way into November.

But now, if you can believe the gleeful media, O'Bongo has gotten his wish and it's a "choice" election. I guess they think that they will be able to define Romney by way of Ryan as someone who is going to really screw up the country. This would be an excellent strategy if all things economy were just humming along. But, as everyone knows, they aren't. In fact, things are really screwed up and the public is no longer buying the argument that O'Bongo inherited it from GWB. All evidence to the contrary, most people aren't stupid enough to believe such utter tripe. This is O'Bongo's economy. He owns is. It's not hard to see regardless of how the media attempts to spin it.

People know two things instinctively...that O'Bongo is responsible for the current state of affairs and that he will say literally anything about his opponent in order to deny him votes. Therefore, I think that a lot of people (other than the brain dead base) aren't going to lend too much credence to anything coming out of the O'Bongo campaign.

Don't get me wrong...it's still a sales job for Romney and Ryan to put themselves and their vision in a very positive light. They have to close the deal and this is completely do-able. Then it's back to the "referendum" election: More misery versus something (anything) new that doesn't sound unreasonable.

I think we will know soon enough how this is going to play out, though. Give it two weeks...three tops...and we will know if the American public is truly stupid or not. Most people aren't going to vote for more punishment regardless of how it's packaged and propped up.

They want to make this an election of "choice", cool.
They are going to lose and when they do we will say
the nation has spoken and we as a people have made
the choice of life.  I like it.

::praying:: ::USA::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #202 on: August 12, 2012, 10:23:51 PM »
Romney smacks a heckler around a bit and then kicks O'Bongo in the teeth for good measure.

With a smile.

I will post it in youtube format when available.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #203 on: August 12, 2012, 10:38:51 PM »

Good stuff.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #204 on: August 13, 2012, 07:08:32 AM »
But the hate keeps coming, and from the Hater-In Chief himself!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/family-man-obama-welcomes-paul-ryan-into-race-as-campaign-launches-twitter-tirade/

You cannot kick this trash in the teeth hard enough or often enough, if you think you've done enough, think again, you have to attack 24/7/365!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #205 on: August 13, 2012, 08:57:58 AM »
I'd like to be "The Invisible Man" with an invisible wiffel ball bat and smack Stymie in the head every time he opens his stupid mouth . That's my fantasy . I'm also thinking of some invisible Ex-Lax !  ::whoohoo:: ::evilbat:: ::whoohoo::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #206 on: August 13, 2012, 09:27:20 AM »

You cannot kick this trash in the teeth hard enough or often enough, if you think you've done enough, think again, you have to attack 24/7/365!
Figuratively speaking, of course.

Godfather-Garbage Can Lid Beating (not for kids, contains violence)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #207 on: August 13, 2012, 09:34:00 AM »
Trap, you're right on there with your post.

BO's mistake was thinking that getting to the White House the first time was enough. The man has spent his entire life building a facade that would get him into the White House.  He had no plan after that except to shove every new policy down our throats and assume that what worked to get him into the White House would work to retain him.  He had one goal and that was to be president.  He is not the brilliant thinker--the mastermind--that he or his pals think he is. If he was he would have seen what was coming and prepared his administration and campaign for it.  But because he and his pals don't understand the United States beyond their negative, hate-filled rhetoric they gave no credence to opposing views. They don't see opposing views as thoughtful, deeply held, grounded beliefs based on truth and natural rights.  They see those beliefs as superficial and selfish as their own.    If you think you're enemy is stupid you don't prepare the same and if you're as lazy as BO is then you mistakedly believe you're right in that view.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #208 on: August 13, 2012, 11:33:37 AM »

::thumbsup::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #209 on: August 13, 2012, 12:00:19 PM »

::thumbsup::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XjApHj0OgI

NSFW
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #210 on: August 13, 2012, 04:41:46 PM »

I own a pair of those same shoes. And I'm not willing to go with the figurative at all.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #211 on: August 13, 2012, 09:14:30 PM »
LINK

Admit It, I Scare The Ever-Loving sh*t Out Of You, Don't I?
BY PAUL RYAN
CANDIDATE FOR VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES
AUGUST 13, 2012

When Mitt Romney selected me as his running mate, I knew the Democratic attack dogs would come out in full force. They would say I’m a right-wing ideologue. They would say my views on entitlement programs are far too radical. They would say putting me on the ticket immediately kills Mitt Romney’s chances of becoming president because I’m a liability. But if we’re being honest with each other—if we’re able to put aside the talking points for a few minutes and say what we’re all actually thinking and feeling—I believe we can acknowledge the real truth here.

I’m young, I’m handsome, I’m smart, and I’m articulate. And that scares the ever-loving sh*t out of you. You can pretend like you have this thing in the bag, but you know good goddamn well that this race just got real interesting, real fast.

It’s okay to admit it. You’re frightened to death of me. It might actually be healthy for you to face your fears now rather than later, when Mitt and I are leading by a few points in the polls and it looks like this thing might end badly for you. Face it: I’m not some catastrophe waiting to happen, like a Sarah Palin or a Dan Quayle. On the contrary, you have the exact opposite fear. I’m a solid, competent, some might say exceptional, politician.

Did you get nervous when you read that last sentence? Is it because you know in your heart of hearts that it’s 100 percent true? Is it because, even if you strongly disagree with my beliefs on Medicare, Social Security, women’s rights, and marriage equality, you know my talent as a speaker and my well-thought-out approach to these issues—no matter how radical and convoluted you find them—might just be enough to win over independent voters?

Do you get chills just thinking about how strong my appeal actually is?

I have another question for you: How scared are you that I can convince people I’m right? Because I’m good at it. No, I’m really good at it. You see, I know how to turn up the charm and charisma without putting people off. Then I back up what I’m saying with arguments that, when they come out of my mouth, sound completely accurate and well-reasoned. And I do it with such passion that people automatically recognize me as a man with deep convictions he will stand up for, no matter what.

The American people love that sh*t. They love it.

Passion, intellect, and a magnetic personality. Pretty damn intimidating combo, if I say so myself. You want to talk about polish? Man, I’ve got polish for miles. Oh, and by the way, I’ll go ahead and say this next thing because, if we’re being honest, why the hell not, right? In case you haven’t noticed, I’m white. Hoo, brother, am I white.

Yup, you should be scared sh*tless of me, because guess who isn’t? The people of Wisconsin. They love me. Republicans and Democrats there love me. Hell, I get Democrats to vote for me even if my policies make zero sense when it comes to their livelihoods. Do you know why? Because they like me. They like my story. Young, good-looking kid who pulled himself up by his bootstraps to make something of himself. Christ, I'm a storybook candidate. I balance out this ticket so well it’s almost too perfect. The people of Ohio are going to think that. And seniors in Florida—the state we supposedly lost when Mitt picked me—won’t be so scared as soon they know that my mother lives in Florida, and that all I want to do is reform the health care system so she can receive care that makes good fiscal sense.

Boy, I’m going to sell the sh*t out of that talking point. And I’m going to do a great job of it. Why? Because I’m Paul Ryan. That’s what I do.

And if we’re having trouble getting Pennsylvania on board, just wait until I absolutely wipe the floor with Joe Biden in the vice presidential debates. Don’t think for a second that I don’t know you’re terrified of us facing off, because in the back of your mind you know it could be a bloodbath up there.

Well, that’s 77 electoral votes, and by my math that means you can kiss your golden boy goodbye after four short years. All that promise. All that energy. All that potential. Gone in one November night.

I’m your worst f**king nightmare.

Oh, and by the way, don’t even try to pretend you haven’t imagined me being elected president one day.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:09:59 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #212 on: August 13, 2012, 09:24:28 PM »
niiiiiiice!

::snoopydance::

we know they're thinking it!

(link didn't work for me)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 09:32:40 PM by LadyVirginia »
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #213 on: August 13, 2012, 09:35:20 PM »
Somebody got in somebody else's OODA loop, big time, The Onion notwithstanding.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #214 on: August 13, 2012, 10:11:03 PM »
(link didn't work for me)

It's because of the wording of the link...it has the word "sh*t" in it.

I got it at AoS and you can link to it from there.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:14:57 PM by trapeze »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #215 on: August 13, 2012, 10:34:11 PM »

I got it at AoS and you can link to it from there.

thanks

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #216 on: August 13, 2012, 10:41:29 PM »
At that link you will find this link to Kirsten Powers coming unhinged over Paul Ryan.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #217 on: August 13, 2012, 10:58:22 PM »

It will affect old people, they're just not old yet, 
                                                                   you can't make lines like that up.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #218 on: August 14, 2012, 02:18:23 AM »
No, it takes a special kind of brain that fortunate people are not equipped with.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #219 on: August 14, 2012, 07:21:48 AM »
I guess for a lefty being oblivious to your own stupidity is a natural self-defense mechanism...other lefties probably just nod their heads in zombie-like fashion to such statements...the rest of us laugh and marvel over the complete lack of shame at being so completely clueless!

::hysterical::