Author Topic: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition  (Read 90758 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition
« Reply #280 on: August 26, 2012, 07:46:37 PM »

Tampa Bay Times: As America prepares to pick our president for the next four years — and as Florida prepares once again to play a decisive role — I’m confident that President Barack Obama is the right leader for our state and the nation.
             Charlie Crist

Charlie Crist, Florida's favorite sponsored and supported by the GOP, NRSC, and recruited by John Cornyn - what a crew.

I thought crack was illegal.

Only for the non-elites.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #281 on: August 27, 2012, 03:28:34 AM »
Here's a whole great big stinkin' article chock full of anecdotal evidence that O'Bongo is losing the race. Ultimately not very satisfying but good for a quick pick-me-up if you need a boost...

Meanwhile, President FailureTeleprompter is relegated to rationalizing his lack of turnout into a "deliberate" desire for smaller, more intimate crowds. Yeah, that sounds like the Mr. Greek Column we've all come to know and grow tired of.

Meanwhile, the media refuses to report on the size of either side's crowds.

Meanwhile, across the country, the documentary film "2016" has just opened wide on over 1,000 screens and in the heart of Hollywood's biggest season hit #3 at the box office.

Meanwhile, though their Media Palace Guards assure us this is not the case, the Obama campaign's increasingly desperate and shrill campaign is acting more and more like a campaign so far behind and so in fear of losing, they feel they have nothing to lose. From "felon" to "chains" to "Mitt killed my wife" to one bald-faced lie after another, President Obama has forsaken the dignity of the office and -- should he win a second term --  all hope of bringing the country together after the kind of scorched-earth campaign only the terrified wage.

There's lots more at the link.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #282 on: August 27, 2012, 06:57:50 AM »
It is really fun to see the panic escalate!  They let more of their insanity out when they see defeat staring at them.  I'll bet dollars to doughnuts the shrill shriek-fest they call a convention will set a new low on many counts!

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #283 on: August 27, 2012, 08:32:55 AM »
Here's a whole great big stinkin' article chock full of anecdotal evidence that O'Bongo is losing the race. Ultimately not very satisfying but good for a quick pick-me-up if you need a boost...

Meanwhile, President FailureTeleprompter is relegated to rationalizing his lack of turnout into a "deliberate" desire for smaller, more intimate crowds. Yeah, that sounds like the Mr. Greek Column we've all come to know and grow tired of.

Meanwhile, the media refuses to report on the size of either side's crowds.

Meanwhile, across the country, the documentary film "2016" has just opened wide on over 1,000 screens and in the heart of Hollywood's biggest season hit #3 at the box office.

Meanwhile, though their Media Palace Guards assure us this is not the case, the Obama campaign's increasingly desperate and shrill campaign is acting more and more like a campaign so far behind and so in fear of losing, they feel they have nothing to lose. From "felon" to "chains" to "Mitt killed my wife" to one bald-faced lie after another, President Obama has forsaken the dignity of the office and -- should he win a second term --  all hope of bringing the country together after the kind of scorched-earth campaign only the terrified wage.

There's lots more at the link.

Few years back, I had conversations with a lib or two over a lib biased media. Those debates ended after about 6 months of the Obama presidency. They were lite conversations, I knew the two libs well and they ended friendly, but always with a warning that you cannot claim to be a uniter as you use a willing media to deliver a message of division.
I did not end the conversations....they did.....I ended contact because I simply don't want anything to do with libs anymore.

They were intellectually dishonest and Obamas presidency is exposing those types. My hope is there are enough people who will recognize,at least the lying, and vote this joker out.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #284 on: August 27, 2012, 10:50:28 AM »
For some poll driven encouragement I suggest reading this entire post Ed Morrisey in which Romney comes out 1 point ahead in a D+9 poll. The notion that only 22% Republicans will turn out is laughable. But read the whole thing.

The reason why this intrigues me is that Romney goes into the convention statistically tied with O'Bongo. If there is any post convention bounce (and face it, there almost always is) then next week's polling should be entertaining to say the least. It will be panic city on the left going into their three day abortion love fest.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #285 on: August 27, 2012, 01:37:40 PM »
For some poll driven encouragement I suggest reading this entire post Ed Morrisey in which Romney comes out 1 point ahead in a D+9 poll. The notion that only 22% Republicans will turn out is laughable. But read the whole thing.

The reason why this intrigues me is that Romney goes into the convention statistically tied with O'Bongo. If there is any post convention bounce (and face it, there almost always is) then next week's polling should be entertaining to say the least. It will be panic city on the left going into their three day abortion love fest.

My thought is there are many people lying when polled. It's a racist thing....don't want to be accused. I believe Romney's gonna win by 7 points. The so called "moderates" and all these "undecided's" are not gonna break obama's way.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #286 on: August 27, 2012, 06:25:17 PM »

My thought is there are many people lying when polled. It's a racist thing....don't want to be accused. I believe Romney's gonna win by 7 points. The so called "moderates" and all these "undecided's" are not gonna break obama's way.

I've been saying that people are lying for months for the very same reason.Must be that great minds thing.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #287 on: August 27, 2012, 07:33:55 PM »

I've been saying that people are lying for months for the very same reason.Must be that great minds thing.

I wonder how the media elite will handle the ass kickin obama will take. I can envision CNN stating, "with 98% of precincts reporting, Romney holds a 3 point lead...so its too close to call".

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #288 on: August 27, 2012, 07:53:18 PM »

I wonder how the media elite will handle the ass kickin obama will take. I can envision CNN stating, "with 98% of precincts reporting, Romney holds a 3 point lead...so its too close to call".

Yeah, and after O'Bongo loses they'll blame angry racist white folks and Bible-clutching Christians and gun nuts for his demise, saying the nation as taken a great leap backwards.  You know they have the boilerplate already type set and ready to run.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #289 on: August 27, 2012, 08:14:55 PM »

Yeah, and after O'Bongo loses they'll blame angry racist white folks and Bible-clutching Christians and gun nuts for his demise, saying the nation as taken a great leap backwards.  You know they have the boilerplate already type set and ready to run.

I'll send 'em an e mail....Thank goodness for the good ole days.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #290 on: August 27, 2012, 08:18:57 PM »

It's an ambush in the making.Win by landslide!!
 Filippo Mazzie

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #291 on: August 27, 2012, 08:24:09 PM »
Lets not get too confident, remember the Supreme Court decision on obamacare?  Some were confidant that we were going to win that battle hands down.  I remind my son all the time that karma is a bitc#, I tell him not to boast.  Don't think your team is going to kick the other teams a$$ cause they always do, when it don't happen you get very disappointed.  Don't count your chicks before they hatch.  Let's just keep fighting the good fight and see what happens, remember pride is one of the seven.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #292 on: August 27, 2012, 09:21:44 PM »
I think we are all well seasoned enough and have many of the same scars to attest for our efforts and will not let overconfidence get the better of us.  It is the Left that is routinely overconfident, it's why their panic attacks are overriding their cloaking mechanisms and letting all their buffoonery in all its ugliness to spill forth.  I look forward to them growing more and more unhinged, it can only mean their internal polling and other inescapable realities are beginning to take their toll.  Having said that I find the sandbagging of libiot polls will help us in that regard, and the shock at the polls will be that much more enjoyable.  And our side (such as it is) should not let the foot off the gas, but there will be hiccups and inopportune pauses in the campaign, but the momentum seems inescapable, even if I do not share the majority optimism in what a victory may mean in the final analysis. 

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #293 on: August 27, 2012, 09:22:08 PM »

...My thought is there are many people lying when polled. It's a racist thing....don't want to be accused...

The "Bradley Effect"

Lets not get too confident, remember the Supreme Court decision on obamacare?  Some were confidant that we were going to win that battle hands down.  I remind my son all the time that karma is a bitc#, I tell him not to boast.  Don't think your team is going to kick the other teams a$$ cause they always do, when it don't happen you get very disappointed.  Don't count your chicks before they hatch.  Let's just keep fighting the good fight and see what happens, remember pride is one of the seven.

Sage counsel.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #294 on: August 27, 2012, 09:38:34 PM »
Talk about the projectors projecting!

Since when is Obama divisive?
http://www.salon.com/2012/08/27/since_when_is_obama_divisive/

Batsh*t crazy is as batsh*t crazy does...these people are peddling some pungent BS!

Yeah, let's not focus on facts and reality, lets suck down another fat blast of hopium and wonder why others aren't wetting their pants in uncontrollable awe over the magnificence of Duh Wun's autobiography!

::hysterical::   ::rolllaughing::   ::laughonfloor::

That stuff don't smoke itself!

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #295 on: August 28, 2012, 10:04:39 AM »
I guess that I am all in against Mark Halperin.

In May, after a round of interviews with senior Barack Obama advisers, I concluded that they were, to a person, cautiously confident that their man could beat Mitt Romney.

As I wrote then:

“Because the popular vote is expected to be closer than it was four years ago, the Obama team is not being coy when it admits this will be a close election. But as of the first week of May, it is not a close election any of the team’s members expects to lose.”

On the eve of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, after another series of conversations with White House and Chicago-based senior officials, I have reached — wait for it — the same conclusion.

I'm still confident that O'Bongo will lose. Big.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #296 on: August 28, 2012, 11:55:13 AM »
Who the hell is Mark Halperin?

It's so hard remembering all the crackheads on the left...

::hysterical::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #297 on: August 28, 2012, 07:26:31 PM »
I guess that I am all in against Mark Halperin.

In May, after a round of interviews with senior Barack Obama advisers, I concluded that they were, to a person, cautiously confident that their man could beat Mitt Romney.

As I wrote then:

“Because the popular vote is expected to be closer than it was four years ago, the Obama team is not being coy when it admits this will be a close election. But as of the first week of May, it is not a close election any of the team’s members expects to lose.”

On the eve of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, after another series of conversations with White House and Chicago-based senior officials, I have reached — wait for it — the same conclusion.

I'm still confident that O'Bongo will lose. Big.

::praying::
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #298 on: August 30, 2012, 11:09:55 PM »
Hmmm....

In an appearance on The Huffington Post’s webcast on Thursday, filmmaker Michael Moore revealed that he is less-than optimistic about President Barack Obama’s chances against Mitt Romney.

Moore said the election’s going to come down to fundraising, and that Romney will have an edge over Obama.

“Mitt Romney is going to raise more money than Barack Obama,” Moore said. “That should guarantee his victory. I think people should start to practice the words ‘President Romney.’

LINK

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #299 on: August 30, 2012, 11:41:01 PM »
Okay, now we wait for the post convention polls.