Author Topic: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition  (Read 90874 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition
« Reply #340 on: September 11, 2012, 11:33:09 AM »
I've just about had my fill of politics!  Politics and politicians are what sent us down the river of death and destruction...thinking political outcomes no matter how favorable can restore sanity, repair/replace/end corrupt and dysfunctional bureaucracies and institutions...that peaceful means no matter how well intentioned have a snowball's chance in hell of achieving squat....

I'm tired of the phony war and the avoidance of reality...

Some days I want to give them all exactly what they deserve...now...not later...

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #341 on: September 11, 2012, 04:05:10 PM »
You hear poll numbers like this and ask yourself "Are there really that many abject idiots out there?" And then you immediately think to yourself "Yeah, probably."

I find solace in the strangest places.

This afternoon I clicked on the headline at Drudge about the islamofascists storming the US embassy in Egypt. If you are aware of the story that's fine...what interested me were the Facebook comments that followed. Bear in mind that this is in USA Today...not exactly a conservative outlet. Far from it...it tends to represent the kind of yahoos who claim to be in the middle.

What I find stunning is the number of comments that are anti-BO. It's huge. It's a minimum of eight or nine to one blaming BO for the arab spring for the rise of the muslim brotherhood...for financing it and lending material support for it...it goes on and on. Not only do these commenters aggressively blame and condemn BO for what is going on in the middle east but they also seem to be reasonably well informed as to how this mess all came about.

Here is an example from the article. I will highlight the BO supporters...it's easier because they are so few...

Jose Melendez ·  Top Commenter
So much for Obama's "democracy" in Egypt.
Reply · 211 · Like · Follow Post · 2 hours ago

Kate Perspicacious ·  Top Commenter
This has nothing to do with Obama. The eqyption people rose up and took their country. Stop being a freak and thinking everything that happens in the world is relevant to the US president.
Reply · 23 · Like · about an hour ago

Daniel Cygrymus ·  Top Commenter · Canevin Catholic
Kate Perspicacious, are you actually suggesting they did it on their own?
Reply · 120 · Like · about an hour ago

Vic Campbell · Subscribe ·  Top Commenter · Milton, Florida
He implicitly supported the revolution knowing that radical muslims would likely gain control. It is essentially, Jimmy Carter II only all of Islam now and not just Iran.
Reply · 175 · Like · about an hour ago

Chaiya Eitan · Subscribe ·  Top Commenter
Kate Perspicacious BHO supported the overthrow of Mubarak. But he said nothing in 2009 when Iranians were being shot at in the streets while demonstrating against the regime.
Reply · 22 · Like · 2 hours ago

Abe Froman ·  Top Commenter · Las Vegas, Nevada
How did you manage to place the blame on Obama for this one? Is Arab Spring really an Obama job?
Reply · Like · about an hour ago

Chipp H Williams ·  Top Commenter · Lynwood Senior High School WA
Pull your head out of your--- and pay attention. We are at more risk now than ever.
Reply · 10 · Like · about an hour ago

Richard Platt ·  Top Commenter
Kate Perspicacious Wake up fool, this is just another sign that Obama has lost both the respect and fear of hostile nations. Go peddle that crap to your left wing buddies.
Reply · 24 · Like · about an hour ago

Bob Guevara ·  Top Commenter · Camarillo, California
Do you have an Obama bumper sticker across your forehead?
Reply · 13 · Like · about an hour ago

John Barnett ·  Top Commenter · Virginia State University
Kate Perspicacious, why not Kate, all you liberals felt every problem in America was relevant to GWB. Please, check both sides of your mouth.
Reply · 17 · Like · about an hour ago

Joe Devlin ·  Top Commenter · Community College of the Air Force
Abe Froman who funneled all that cash to the Muslim Brotherhood without asking questions ? I guess it was Bush's fault.
Reply · 20 · Like · about an hour ago

Rodric Reese ·  Top Commenter
kate is demented.
Reply · 9 · Like · about an hour ago

Trevor White ·  Top Commenter · Towson University
Kate, this wouldn't be happening if Obama hadn't thrown Hosni Mubarak under the subway. Subway? Yeah...there isn't any more room left under the bus.

Mubarak may not have been the most democratic ruler in the Middle East, but he at LEAST was on good terms with the US and Israel. Now we've got the Muslim Brotherhood taking over the place, and looky looky what we get...our embassy stormed and our flag torn down.

This is Tehran 1979 all over again. Who says Jimmy Carter isn't alive and well and living at 16th and Penn? We're STILL paying for Carter's cluster-fumble in Iran, and we're going to be paying for Obama's foul-up in Egypt for a long time, too. And yes, it IS his foul-up.
Reply · 24 · Like · about an hour ago

Steven Hagman ·  Top Commenter · Senior Trial Attorney (Retired) at Attorney at Law
Why? The embassy is basically US soil. Since it is US Soil, we allow all the illegal immigrants in the USA now with open arms...whats the difference???
Reply · 2 · Like · about an hour ago

William Doyle ·  Top Commenter · Florida Atlantic University
Interestingly, the article quotes the embassy saying no staff was even there. Maybe they got a memo about the protests and decided to leave it all behind. Maybe it was planned. Maybe she's born with it, Maybe it's Maybelline.
Reply · 3 · Like · about an hour ago

Charlie Wibel ·  Top Commenter · NYU
Kate: I guess you do not understand that the Embassy facilites are sovereign American territory, so these people have invaded the US. How about we round up a bunch of like mided folks and place a Black Flag on top the roof of where you live. fear not flags will go on top of caves and other Occupy type structures.
Reply · 6 · Like · about an hour ago

Chaiya Eitan · Subscribe ·  Top Commenter
And they are our neighbors!

Darryl Cunningham ·  Top Commenter
I used to think Obama was incompetent. But now, I'm convinced he just hates America.
Reply · 16 · Like · about an hour ago

Kate Perspicacious - You have access to the internet. There's no excuse for you posting like you haven't a clue to the news. Obama's fingerprints are all over the Arab Spring.
Reply · 11 · Like · about an hour ago

John P Center ·  Top Commenter · Columbia College Chicago
Kate Perspicacious Mubarck would have prevented this. obama lost egypt the same way carter lost iran
Reply · 8 · Like · about an hour ago

Joe Devlin ·  Top Commenter · Community College of the Air Force
This just in...Obama won't meet with Netanyahu when he is in New York. See a trend here ?
Reply · 15 · Like · about an hour ago

Bob Churchill ·  Top Commenter
Kate Perspicacious Stop being a blithering idiot. It was Obama who completely backed this deployable action.
Reply · 11 · Like · about an hour ago

Ted Peters ·  Top Commenter · Northville, Michigan
I'm about as anti-Obama as an reasonable person can be (on the basis of economic policies), but I don't see any reason to fault him for this one. A huge portion of the Islamic world is simply 1000 years behind the level of human consciousness we have achieved in the West. Having them repressed by tyrants was never going to change this. We really need to let them work it out by themselves.

George Duane ·  Top Commenter · President and CEO at Cornerstone Technology Consulting, Inc.
And continues to give our money to this lame country!

Ron Rowan · Subscribe ·  Top Commenter · Gardena Senior High
It's Bushes fault!

Ted Peters - You need to do your research, then. Obama was publicly head cheerleader, and privately providing finances, resources and help.
Reply · 9 · Like · about an hour ago

Joel Johnston · Park University
No Kate, Obama is all about appeasement. Check out Chamberlain in WWII signing a treaty with "Mr. Hitler". Same damn thing, same damn eventual results.

Charles Aronowitz ·  Top Commenter · Brooklyn Law School
Kate Perspicacious It has everything to do with Obama. His policies precipitated this.
Reply · 5 · Like · about an hour ago

Terry Knows Moore ·  Top Commenter · Utep
Hey dummy.........Obama sent the people in to take Egypt..brotherhood...and is sending 60billion dollars a month to support the radicals...so yes Obama is doing this.
Reply · 5 · Like · about an hour ago

Robert Brooks ·  Top Commenter · Rocket Scientist at NASA/JSC
Vic Campbell You foolish person... Do you think presidents make decisions? How childish and ignorant. Much like the rest of the yahoos on here you haven't a clue about anything. Your opinion is provided to you via TV and you suck it up like the baby intellect you are. How droll!

David Morris ·  Top Commenter · Seattle, Washington
Kate Perspicacious, Soetoro is a Dictator, he said he doesn't need Congress to go to War, that is Treason! He said he would side with Muslims, not Americans! Look it up!

William Turner ·  Top Commenter
The US State Department played an active role in this "Arab Spring." They hosted a "How to have a revolution" symposium where many of the "youth" who kicked off these revolutions learned how to foment riots, use the media, keep up communications as government tried to shut them down, etc. What they didn't tell those youngsters was how to form a power base and hang onto it against long established, less idealistic and more ruthless power groups in their respective countries. Since that was a nearly impossible task, small wonder they didn't tell them. Now reasonably friendly or at least contained dictators have been replaced with such peaceful and delightful people who would grovel at our feet for giving them freedom and Democracy. Oh wait...
Reply · 4 · Like · about an hour ago

Harry Lawrence · La Porte High School
Have you been asleep for the past year? The President and the Secretary of State both backed the "Arab Spring" and this is what happens. They did not remain neutral as they should, and they picked sides. This is what happens when you support an uprising without thinking it through.

Dick Burkel · Univ. of Notre Dame
Kate Perspicacious It's the host government's responsibility to provide security for embassies and personnel. If the embassy knew something was going to happen then the Egyptian government did also. The fact that they did nothing to stop it indicates that they approved it. That indicates that Obama's reaching out to the Islamists was a huge failure therefore this has everything to do with Obama's failed foreign policy.

Brian Barber · Hendersonville, North Carolina
Kate PerspicaciousI assume that your profile pic is actually you at this moment. The reality is that Obummer DID choose sides in this Egyptian fiasco (which is understandable) and based his decisions on political correctness which in due course led to a larger problem which we see evidenced today (which is not understandable). I understand Obama is the god you serve...but your god has failed. I'm not a Romney fan but we need a grown up in the White house. NOW.

Ray Sexauer ·  Top Commenter
Oh really kate? Are you seriously that stupid? Who put the muslim brotherhood in charge? Who led the overthrow of the government? Christ you libs are dumb.

Joel Lovelace ·  Top Commenter
Kate Perspicacious - nice picture of you crying. Sums you up perfectly.

Rick Moss ·  Top Commenter · US Army Special Forces charm school
Sadly, you know nothing of the timeline. Obama and the DNC had operatives working and teaching the students and radicals who led the revolution! Qit drinking the koolAid!!!

Jason Ruda ·  Top Commenter
lol - nothing ever has anything to do with obama, but everything was Bush's fault - lolololol @ u lib dopes

Rob Harrison ·  Top Commenter
Daniel Cygrymus, Yes she is that naive, she doesn't think Obama had a hand in it. She is wrong, Obama failed to back the Egyptian president and that encouraged the Brotherhood of Muslims to go after the man and the country. We now have another enemy in the middle east, one we had enjoyed a sense of cooperation with for 30 years. Same thing in Libya, Obama sent troops to oust a man we could somewhat have peace with and installed the Brotherhood of Muslims. The reason he has not marched into Syria is simple, they already stand against us so there is no need for change. He can live with whoever comes out of top there because they are both enemies to the U.S. At this very moment Obama is busy trying to get authorization to give Egypt some of our best military equipment, knowing they are now more like an enemy than a friend. it will not be much longer, we will have a different president. No way Obama is going to win and it will not be as close as these people tell you it will be.

Christopher Bonante ·  Top Commenter · Owner at Self
Kate you are FOS! Obama forced out Mubarack remember? You obama sheep are a joke.
Reply · 1 · Like · about an hour ago

Mo Long
Trevor White you wrote the words right out of my mouth. I remember watching every night on t.v. the 444 days. No, nothing has gotten better only worse. BTW, I like your comment about the subway.

Obama pulled a "Carter"" on Mubarack and Egypt

Michael Gregorek · Adjunct Professor at City College of New York
Wasn't the idea of replacing Bush with Obama that the world was going to love us and begin behaving?

Ron Shepard ·  Top Commenter · Atlanta, Georgia
Kate - Shut your uninformed pie-hole! OBAMA publically supported/s the muslim brotherhood that 'rose up and took their country'. http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-us-engineered-arab-spring-the-ngo-raids-in-egypt/

http://www.westernjournalism.com/obamas-ties-to-the-muslim-brotherhood/

Margaret Doocey ·  Top Commenter
Vic Campbell Re: "He implicitly supported the revolution knowing that radical muslims would likely gain control. It is essentially, Jimmy Carter II only all of Islam now and not just Iran."

Mainly, I agree w/your summation. However, Obama EXplicitly agitated for the so called "Arab Spring". First trip out of the White House as POTUS was to Cairo to stump for the Muslim Brotherhood. Now that Obama's friend Morsi is crucifying (yes, crucifying) any and all dissidents in Cairo's central public square (w/especial vengeance for the Christian Copts) one would think that Obama would rescind his warm welcome to the White House this month. He's not only planning to welcome Morsi, but has just today refused to see Netanyahu. I wish the American public would demand Obama's impeachment.

Kate - how much are you being paid to troll for obama?

Margaret Doocey ·  Top Commenter
Ted Peters You should be holding Obama accountable for his major support of the "Arab Spring". Why? Read my comment directly above ^

Rube Schainen ·  Top Commenter · Eugene, Oregon
What happened in Iran Kate? The people wanted freedom, but Obama did nothing to help them. Obama stands for Communism and destruction of the American way. He encourages foreign countries to hate America so he can bring America to its knees. Don't be fooled by his charm. He is the devil in disguise!!

Stan Ono · Aiea High School
You need more knowledge. The Egypt spring is due to our foreign policies. Everything that happens in the world politically is by the US and Europe. The US has the best propaganda machine in the world. We invented the art of spin. You just cant handle the truth!.

Victor Morales ·  Top Commenter
Kate Perspicacious ROFL this has EVERYTHING to do with Obama, he encouraged this. You reap what you Sow.

Dan Stetson ·  Top Commenter · Humboldt State University
Well that is only partly true. This administration supported and encouraged it and threw Mubarak who had maintained peace and stability for 30 years -- dictator though he was -- under the bus. True enough, it might not have made any difference and there are always unintended consequences. But there is no way in can be regarded as a foreign policy success.

Chris Grant Kurowicki ·  Top Commenter · Webmaster at Michigan Association of Teacher Educators
Kate Perspicacious Well, actually it does. After all, he won a nobel prize for what he would surely do to create peace between us and these populations, remember?

Fred Clemens ·  Top Commenter · Drexel University
Kate, just ignore these anti-Obama blowhards. They take every opportunity they can to denegrate him irrespective of the facts in the story. This was a demonstration against the US for suppposedly sponsoring or condoning an anti Muhammed film. No different from the attacks on us in Afghanistan following the accidental burning of some Qurans. These muslim radicals have no outlet for their testosterone, so for the slightest provocation they attack the West in some form or fashion. They could care less who was the POTUS - they hate all Americans.

Karen Norton ·  Top Commenter · University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Kate Perspicacious Yes it does have to do with Obama's weakness in making difficult decisions. He is a weak and incompetent leader.

Trajan Long ·  Top Commenter · UC Berkeley
Kate Perspicacious You could not be more wrong. Obama supported the Muslim Brotherhood with money and advisors. He publicly denounced Sadat, our friend. This is the result. The same thing in Libya BTW, in case you didn't bother to check.

John Horton ·  Top Commenter · Purdue University
It must be working! Obama gave them 5 BILLION DOLLARS. GREAT!

Kelli Erin McKinney ·  Top Commenter · Chaparral
He was preaching away about support of the Arab Spring. Somewhere, sometime, you will realize Obama has an influence on worldwide politics. He is the leader of the free world, and he gave his blessing on the uprising. Same thing in Syria. Had it gone well, you would mark that up along his single handed killing of Osama Bin Laden. But, once again. you are forced to defend the indefensible.

Fred - I won't only denigrate obama - I will publicly mock and ricule him and his stupid supporters who worship him as a Messiah. Both he and they are a sad lot of brain dead dolts who are proven wrong over and over and over and over. This is no different. Obama should not be running for re-election - he should be running away with his head in shame from angry taxpayers for what he has done.

Robert Garnsey ·  Top Commenter · L.A. City College
Kate Perspicacious
It does have everything to do with this administration...It supports these people, and it back fired on them.

Robert Garnsey - No, it didn't back fire on them. This was Obama's plan all along - establish Islamic theocracies in Egypt, Tunisia, Syria, Algeria, Jordan, Iraq and Morocco.

Patrick Stauber ·  Top Commenter · Bonham, Texas
Kate Perspicacious - This is definitely the result of Obama's foreign policy as it relates to Egypt. He supported the overthrow of the previous government which was pro-US and with the knowledge that the benefactors would be those that are currently in control.

Brian Farrell ·  Top Commenter · Guy trying to keep the ocean at bay with a push broom at Cynisism and Tired of political correctness University
How about this.Stop buying all together from the middle east and really ramp up drilling in Mexico and South America.Start drilling more here as well as fracking.Boot out the current regime and replace them with people with common sense.I know it's pie in the sky but I can dream.

Fred Clemens ·  Top Commenter · Drexel University
Christopher Bonante - What an intelligent and thoughtful response which has nothing to do with the story, nor do your comments have any factual basis. As I said to Kate, ignore the anti-Obama blowhards.

Maria A. Scheer ·  Top Commenter
We are NOT the world's police.
Let them resolve their own problems.
Reply · Like · 59 minutes ago

Norman N Hendrickson · Subscribe ·  Top Commenter
Kate Perspicacious your avatar is very apt for a cry-baby lib of no real world experience or knowledge. Obama's ineptitude has lead to emboldened terrorists, and a Muslim Brotherhood that feels safe in attacking us and our embassy. I bet you would also blame us and our evil nation were they to attack us again?
Reply · Like · 57 minutes ago

Don Barrett
Wrong Kate... please get a clue.
Reply · Like · 57 minutes ago

Matt Warhola
The president's administration, the State Dept./Mrs. Clinton and all the media synchophants explicitly told us that the Muslim Brotherhood was a "largely secular" group.
Reply · Like · 56 minutes ago

Tony Barcellona ·  Top Commenter · Delgado Community College
Kate Perspicacious I'm surprised that you don't blame Bush for Egypt's hatered of USA. I guess you forgot about Oblamer sending in air strikes to help liberate these animals.
NObama
Reply · Like · 53 minutes ago

John Kothanek ·  Top Commenter
I guess Kate like many liberals suffers from the let's blame Bush for everything and excuse Obama for everything disease. The chief symptom is blaming Bush for everything no matter how far removed from it that he is and then excusing Obama from all blame no matter how directly linked to it he is. It often accompanies an uncontrollable urge to give Obama credit for everything and to believe everything he says no matter how illogical. The CDC is working on a cure. Right now the best cure for the disease is to vote once in November for Romney and helping to ensure Obama loses this election.

The best one so far is: Obama failed at making the economy better because Bush all by himself messed it up so bad- BUT now that it is even worse Obama will suddenly be able to fix it if he gets 4 more yrs. Silly Liberals...
Reply · 2 · Like · 52 minutes ago

Laura Schwartz ·  Top Commenter
What are you gonna do Kate when you have to defend yourself? Are you going to submit or fight? I'm guessing submit.
Reply · 1 · Like · 49 minutes ago

Troy Tolkinen ·  Top Commenter · Woodbury Senior High School
This has everything to do with Obama. It was his administration that asked Mubarack to leave and put pressure on him. They supported the Muslim Brotherhood and Penetta even tried to sell us that they were 'moderates'. Ringing any bells Kate?
Reply · Like · 48 minutes ago

Robert Northrop ·  Top Commenter
Kate, please...you're not getting the news or the truth. The take down in Egypt has Obama's fingerprints all over it....google Bill Ayers, Code Pink, Days of Rage and Cairo. Bill Ayers and company are Obama's buds.
Reply · Like · 46 minutes ago

Ed Nolan ·  Top Commenter · Sr. Flunkie at Very Important Place
Kate Perspicacious - obama did NOTHING to help Mubarak. Mubarak may not have been perfect but at least he kept the muslim WACKOS out of the Govt. So YES it is obama's fault.
Reply · Like · 45 minutes ago

Barbara Wolff ·  Top Commenter · Delran, New Jersey
Obama has caused most of this.
Reply · 1 · Like · 40 minutes ago

John Rourke ·  Top Commenter · Havard on the highway--no not the law school.
Are you that damn stupid? This so called Arab Spring is a death to any chance we had at peace. Go and Drink some bleach to get rid of the Kool-Aid.
Reply · Like · 39 minutes ago

Cathy Lee ·  Top Commenter · Tampa, Florida
Obama condones the Muslim Brotherhood. Even though they are on the watch list of the FBI Go figure. If not to blame Obama who should we.
Reply · 1 · Like · 38 minutes ago

Jared Matthews ·  Top Commenter · Baylor University
Kate Perspicacious ... Have you been asleep for the past 3 years? The OBAMA administration does have everything to do with this, the did not support Mubarak, and supported his ouster. YOU VEGETABLE>!!!!
Reply · 1 · Like · 37 minutes ago

John Owens · Mate at Hilda Helmken
Do you realloy believe he wanted Egypt to Democratize? Everything is going according to his master plan. To down size America.
Reply · 1 · Like · 36 minutes ago

Scott Feichtinger ·  Top Commenter · Internet/Fleet Manager at Earnhardt Kia
We absolutely had the power to support Hosni Mubarak a longtime ally and keep him in power. America would have been safer and so would the middle east had we intervened. Now we have them scaling our embassy walls and we are apologiseing to them for " hurting thier feelings" How low will we go? How far will we fall, before we elect a president that actually watches out for the interests of the U.S. and her citizens
Reply · 1 · Like · 28 minutes ago

Jimmy Carter is smiling. He only turned Iran over to the Islamists - Obama has turned Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Iraq and Syria over to them.
Reply · 2 · Like · 25 minutes ago

Leonard Webber ·  Top Commenter · Los Angeles Comm. College; LaVerne Univirisity
Your kind of thinking ONLY applies when a democrat is in the Oval Office. When there is a republician sitting there, all people like you can do is spew hate. What a joke !
Reply · Like · 21 minutes ago

Dennis Vest ·  Top Commenter
Kate Perspicacious Americans have a longer memory than that Kate! We clearly remember Obama touting a new era in the Middle East, with "democracy" sprouting up across the region. President Mubarak was not good but what has replaced him is tenfold worse! Mubarak kept the peace with Israel for over 30+ years and helped kept peace in the region. They were our biggest ally after Israel. Now they are our enemy! Obama has pulled a Carter(just as carter forced out the Shah and the evil Ayatollah Khomeini replaced him)...
Reply · Like · 18 minutes ago

John Bowers ·  Top Commenter · FCHS
Well the dumb A$$ egged them on, telling them to overthrow Maubarac, and you can bet Hillary gave them some of Obumblers stash.
Reply · Like · 18 minutes ago

Jesher Spelling · Subscribe ·  Top Commenter
Kate Perspicacious Him and Hillary gave Hezbollah a BILLION dollars this year - a hardcore terrorist organization - I guess they didn't cover that on MSNBC or the VIew - you may have missed it.
Reply · 1 · Like · 17 minutes ago

Thomas Callahan · Radiologist at Lubbock Diagnostic Radiology
Kate Perspicacious , Egyptian is the correct spelling. Aside from that, I have to agree. Not sure what he did nor could have done regarding Egypt. When you have some thought on your mind, it's easy to apply that thought to all happenings. Like people blaming mankind's role in climate change to every single weather event. Hopefully, we can overcome this tendency and be objective as a society.
Reply · Like · 16 minutes ago

Jeannine Richardson ·  Top Commenter · NHTI
UH - YEAH It is. Do you actually believe these people were magically able to toss out Mubarak on their own? Kill Qaudaffi without help?
Reply · Like · 14 minutes ago

John Bowers - Hillary was on a apologizing tour in Egypt while Mubarack was being overthrown.
Reply · Like · 13 minutes ago

Andrew Whitehead ·  Top Commenter · Tidewater Community College
Kate Perspicacious -

Do you really think that our current administration played no part in the supposed "spontaneous revolution"?

If so, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. No, it ain't cheap but maybe you can get Obama to stroke you a check?
Reply · Like · 13 minutes ago

Lisa Carr ·  Top Commenter
Fred Clemens - Yes, just ignore the facts and hide your head in the sand, right? When Obama supported the overthrow of Mubarak, you don't think that nothing was going to happen? When the Muslim Brotherhood was waiting to take over? Your comments are so ignorant and blind, it's hard to even know where to begin.
Reply · 1 · Like · 9 minutes ago

Mike Alan ·  Top Commenter
Nothing to do with Obama? How about He immediately threw Mubarak under the bus? How about trying to protect your ally a little? Obama has to be thrilled by this turn of events.
Reply · Like · 7 minutes ago

So take heart...if the usually middle of the road and mostly uninformed readers of USA Today can say all of this with almost no pushback then all is not lost.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #342 on: September 11, 2012, 05:07:07 PM »
You hear poll numbers like this and ask yourself "Are there really that many abject idiots out there?" And then you immediately think to yourself "Yeah, probably."

There are indeed.  Many of them work for our State Dept.  With a nod to trap's post about the 'slims tearing down our flag at the Cairo embassy, I give you .....

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,6732.new.html#new
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #343 on: September 11, 2012, 06:07:50 PM »
Well, the USA today audience certainly pulled no punches. When I read stuff like this, I begin to think 8 point romney win. I remember the polls showing Reagan to fall in defeat......and we know how that turned out.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #344 on: September 11, 2012, 09:01:25 PM »
Well, one caveat about those comments...

...it occurred to me later in the day that most of those comments could be attributed to the link from Drudge. The Drudge readership has a reputation for being more right of center.

That said, that one comment thread had almost no push back from the left. The left usually will watch stuff like this and artificially "flood the zone" in an attempt to dominate the conversation. Plus the left has a reputation for being the more dominant demographic on the internet...don't know if that's true or not but the reputation is what it is.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #345 on: September 12, 2012, 01:51:26 AM »
Just taking a look at the RCP state polling numbers...

If you assume that BO is in trouble anywhere that he is below 50% (even where he leads) then the states where he isn't a lock to win could include:

Florida (48%)
Ohio (47%)
Virginia (44%)
Arizona (44%)
North Carolina (43%)
New Mexico (45%)

Polls on Sept. 10th & 11th.

Personally, I don't think that the "undecideds" will break for BO. I think they will wait until the last week and break for Romney. They are just waiting until the very end to commit because they are basically worthless and weak.

Something to think about.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #346 on: September 12, 2012, 07:48:49 AM »
As big an eff-up as Obama is, as effed up as the economy is, as effed up our foreign policy is, as effed up our fiscal house is, as effed up EVERYTHING Obama touches is...I am dumbstruck that any state has Obama polling above 40%...so either the polls are suspect, or those being polled are lying their asses off...or there really is an enormous block of people in the nation who are terminally stupid...or a combination of all three, with the latter comprising the largest and most troubling segement.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #347 on: September 12, 2012, 09:17:00 AM »

I think the country is full of people whose entire life has been to live so as not to offend anyone...they've convinced themselves that's "being reasonable".  I know people like that.  If I say BO did this or that stupid thing they try to tell me "well, he had this or that problem" from other people trying to hinder him and I just don't know how these things work. They're not necessarily liberal--often times they just want to appear above politics and labels. They try to come off as more understanding than me--that they're giving the guy a chance.   How will they vote? I don't know.  Most I know will probably vote for Romney because they can't avoid how much he's messed up everything. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #348 on: September 12, 2012, 11:57:15 AM »
Those people quite possibly drive me more into rage than outright lefties...at least the outright lefty either is a truly ignorant wretch (who needs to be culled just to save the gene pool) or an agent provacateur (in which case they need to be culled to save all of humanity)...the person who should no better but bends over backwards to appease people they should not be appeasing or giving ANYTHING to?

::gaah::

It's easy to be a coward when it comes to politics and in relative peace...but the Great Reckoning we are headed for will once and for all force the fence-sitters to pick a side, pick wrong, and pay the price.

I am plumb out of sympathy for fools of any stripe...

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #349 on: September 12, 2012, 05:18:13 PM »
It is my personal belief that this is the third possibility you posit. The left has dominated education long enough to have about half of the electorate too stupid to live. On some days I think we are too far gone, the patient is terminal, and we might need to find another place to live. Then on days like today, I feel we need to go nuclear and fight hard for our rights, fight hard to educate, and fight for our finances!
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #350 on: September 15, 2012, 09:48:23 PM »
LINK

Should have been titled, "The Narcissist Way."

Lewis writes as though he’s never read a presidential biography or a White House memoir; and his White House handlers were betting, I suppose, that his readers haven’t either. Certainly the media figures who helped him publicize his gee-whiz thesis, interviewers like Gross and Rachel Maddow (was Charlie Rose sick last week?), were enthralled. The president’s frustration with a stubborn opposition, his difficulty in keeping fresh and informed by outside advice, his habits of leisure (he works out a lot—a lot), the variety of tasks he’s asked to perform, the solace he takes from family life—all appear to the Delusionist to be new and unexpected in the annals of presidential leadership.

At a length of 13,000 words, “Obama’s Way” eventually offers a few items of interest. The president has begun to worry that people find him cold. He hastens to assure Lewis, in answer to a question Lewis didn’t ask, that this seeming defect is in fact a virtue. He’s no good, he says, at “faking emotion,” not realizing that this implies he has little emotion to fake.

He clings to his belief in his oratorical powers. “My best speeches are when I know that what I’m saying is true in a fundamental way. People find their strength in different places. That’s where I’m strong,” he says, failing to mention that he’s given a single moving speech (in honor of Gabby Giffords) among hundreds of speeches over the course of his term.

There’s something touching as well as creepy in the Delusion as it fades. Lewis’s article can be seen as one final effort to recapture the magic, to reinflate the soufflé long after it went pfft. It’s not Michael Lewis’s fault, it’s not even the fault of the White House staff, that the material just isn’t there.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #351 on: September 16, 2012, 12:13:06 AM »

"You didn't burn that flag. You had help."

« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 12:58:17 AM by trapeze »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #352 on: September 16, 2012, 12:32:50 AM »
I'm always amazed at their ability to quickly procure American flags for burning. There must be a thriving street kiosk industry there, because you never know when you might be in the mood for a little impromptu flag burning.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #353 on: September 16, 2012, 01:06:58 AM »
You know...I thought that it was pretty pathetic when I heard the wookie squawk the other day that every family should avoid going out for pizza and instead donate the money not spent on pizza to BO's campaign.

I thought at the time that that was really scraping the bottom of the barrel...that BO's shameless money grubbing fundraising just couldn't get any lower. I mean...we had already seen the BO wedding gift registry, the stupid ass "win a dream date" with BO stunts, etc. There was just NO WAY that they could get any lower...any more stupid or ridiculous.

I

was

wrong...

I emphatically recommend going to the youtube page and reading the comments.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 01:35:17 AM by trapeze »

charlesoakwood

« Reply #354 on: September 16, 2012, 01:40:01 AM »

If recollection serves, Bill Gates was apolitical until big
Billy Clinton wanted some and was declined.  That's when
the Justice Dept. started investigating Microsoft.

Gates must be at least feeling some small warm glow upon
returning the love.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #355 on: September 16, 2012, 11:30:19 AM »
He clings to his belief in his oratorical powers. “My best speeches are when I know that what I’m saying is true in a fundamental way. People find their strength in different places. That’s where I’m strong,” he says, failing to mention that he’s given a single moving speech (in honor of Gabby Giffords) among hundreds of speeches over the course of his term.

Translation: He believes his own crap.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #356 on: September 16, 2012, 11:35:20 AM »
You know...I thought that it was pretty pathetic when I heard the wookie squawk the other day that every family should avoid going out for pizza and instead donate the money not spent on pizza to BO's campaign.

I thought at the time that that was really scraping the bottom of the barrel...that BO's shameless money grubbing fundraising just couldn't get any lower. I mean...we had already seen the BO wedding gift registry, the stupid ass "win a dream date" with BO stunts, etc. There was just NO WAY that they could get any lower...any more stupid or ridiculous.

I

was

wrong...

I emphatically recommend going to the youtube page and reading the comments.

Viewed, down-dinged, and snarky comment added  ::thumbsup::

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #357 on: September 16, 2012, 11:19:59 PM »

Translation: He believes his own crap.

I view this more as a confession that he does have some speaches in which even HE does  not believe his own crap.  Obviously. I knew there could not be even ONE person in America who bought anything he said.....not even HIM!
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #358 on: September 20, 2012, 12:58:56 AM »
Is this funny?

Oh, yeah.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #359 on: September 20, 2012, 07:05:40 AM »
Is this funny?

Oh, yeah.

Damn, these are good!

::hysterical::