Author Topic: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition  (Read 90813 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition
« Reply #380 on: September 26, 2012, 09:11:53 AM »
The income tax gambit having failed, Harry Reid has now decided to attack Romney over his religion.

LINK

Pretty lame. 

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #381 on: September 26, 2012, 09:58:51 AM »
My God, just imagine if Romney had said that about Dingy Harry!  Or Paul Ryan had said Joe Bite-me or Pelousy had sullied Catholicism!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #382 on: September 26, 2012, 11:38:02 AM »
The income tax gambit having failed, Harry Reid has now decided to attack Romney over his religion.

LINK

Pretty lame. 

If harry reid is the face of mormonism....... ::falldownshocked::

I bet a tax audit of reids charitable giving to his church....wouldn't show much.

I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #383 on: September 26, 2012, 07:48:56 PM »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #384 on: September 26, 2012, 07:49:55 PM »
I like it!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #385 on: September 26, 2012, 08:18:20 PM »
Should paste this on some pumps in October!

George Bush’s average annual gas prices

2001 – $1.61
2002 – $1.47
2003 – $1.69
2004 – $1.94
2005 – $2.30
2006 – $2.51
2007 – $2.64
2008 – $3.01

Average price for gas over Bush’s eight years = $2.14/gal

And now:

Barack Obama’s average annual gas prices

2009 – $2.14
2010 – $2.52
2011 – $3.57
2012 – $3.72 (through August)

Average price for gas over Obama’s four years to date = $2.99/gal

Per EIA.gov Real prices - 39.7% increase in average gas prices under Obama!

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #386 on: September 26, 2012, 08:37:38 PM »
In August of 2003 I started contracting as an engineer at Boeing.  I started a spread sheet for my expenses, part of that spread sheet was the cost of gas and number of gallons purchased.  Keep in mind the numbers that follow are for Premium gas in Southern California (Orange County).  All gas was purchased at the same gas station (the lowest prices in the area) by me and I still have all the receipts.

Annual average price
2003 - $2.025/gal
2004 - $2.460/gal
2005 - $2.621/gal
2006 - $3.100/gal
2007 - $3.165/gal
2008 - $3.618/gal

Bush years avg - $2.830/gal

2009 - $2.844/gal
2010 - $3.259/gal
2011 - $3.976/gal
2012 - $4.277/gal to date

obama years avg - $3.589/gal

I'd say it correlates pretty well to the values Libertas stated.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #387 on: September 27, 2012, 01:34:58 AM »

LINK

Pretty lame.  

I bet a tax audit of reids charitable giving to his church....wouldn't show much.

Actually, if I am not mistaken, mormons audit their own members to make sure they are donating the minimum amount that their church requires of them. You agree to allow this to happen when you become a member. There are other things you agree to, as well. It is, after all, a cult.

That said, I can see Reid...thug that he is...approaching the mormon leadership, "Hey, nice church thing you got going here. It'd be a shame if something were to happen to it..."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 01:38:01 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #388 on: September 27, 2012, 07:28:05 AM »
In August of 2003 I started contracting as an engineer at Boeing.  I started a spread sheet for my expenses, part of that spread sheet was the cost of gas and number of gallons purchased.  Keep in mind the numbers that follow are for Premium gas in Southern California (Orange County).  All gas was purchased at the same gas station (the lowest prices in the area) by me and I still have all the receipts.

Annual average price
2003 - $2.025/gal
2004 - $2.460/gal
2005 - $2.621/gal
2006 - $3.100/gal
2007 - $3.165/gal
2008 - $3.618/gal

Bush years avg - $2.830/gal

2009 - $2.844/gal
2010 - $3.259/gal
2011 - $3.976/gal
2012 - $4.277/gal to date

obama years avg - $3.589/gal

I'd say it correlates pretty well to the values Libertas stated.

Oye!  And CA leans left...people must be way overpaid there to afford that and still think voting for libiots is the way to go.  Not too different than here in Minnie though politically and gas wise...I have to buy premium too, but at last sighting it was around $3.95 and a high of about $4.05.

:P

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #389 on: September 27, 2012, 07:29:57 AM »

LINK

Pretty lame.  

Actually, if I am not mistaken, mormons audit their own members to make sure they are donating the minimum amount that their church requires of them. You agree to allow this to happen when you become a member. There are other things you agree to, as well. It is, after all, a cult.

That said, I can see Reid...thug that he is...approaching the mormon leadership, "Hey, nice church thing you got going here. It'd be a shame if something were to happen to it..."

Yeah, I could see that too.

Hey, what's up witht he new avatar?  Expecting a knock on the door?    ::exitstageleft::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #390 on: September 27, 2012, 02:36:14 PM »
I try and rotate it from time to time. It means nothing...really.

Here's a palate cleanser for everyone. Be sure to pay attention at the 2:20 mark when the dumbass asks how we are to build roads with lower taxes. Plus the parting shot at the end...

Free ObamaPhone!

You know...ObamaVoters really are stupid. This is probably already posted elsewhere on the forum but I don't care...this needs to be posted everywhere. You need to send it to friends, enemies, family, the local press, the national press...everyone needs to see this. I know it won't change an ObamaVoter's mind (no brain, no pain) but at least they will have this image burned into their cerebral cortex. If there is any kind of TEOTWAWKI then people like this will be among the first ones dispatched...

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 02:44:23 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #391 on: September 27, 2012, 09:44:46 PM »
Dang good xtranormal vid.

Put her in a dumpster!   ::hysterical::

Enjoy your birth control and abortions in the FEMA camp!   ::laughonfloor::

Fascist Marxist scumbag.  And then some!

"Congratulations, you are an idiot!"  An understatement.

"GFY".  Yes.

And that Free sh*t Party fool and all her ilk...

"If there is any kind of TEOTWAWKI then people like this will be among the first ones dispatched..."

Aye!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #392 on: September 27, 2012, 09:46:32 PM »
Oh, and lest we forget Darth Sidious, we all knew his BS about being disappointed in Obama was BS, and here's 1,500,000 reasons to prove it!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/decision2012/soros-donates-15-million-to-pro-obama-pacs/2012/09/27/6c8cb472-08e4-11e2-afff-d6c7f20a83bf_print.html

I loath that asshat with a passion that burns!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #393 on: September 27, 2012, 10:29:39 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

Best line I heard today, from someone who heard the clip before seeing the video:  "She doesn't look as hot as she sounds"

How very droll.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #395 on: September 28, 2012, 09:58:16 AM »
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #396 on: October 01, 2012, 06:57:58 AM »
Ugh.  These two need a room.  One with a temperature below freezing.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/09/hugo-chavez-to-obama-id-vote-for-you-and-youd-vote-for-me/

::puke::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #397 on: October 01, 2012, 09:52:30 PM »
Okay, here is a mixed bag.

On the one hand you have Democrats doing what they do best, lying. They are running a push poll on Catholics, trying to use Romney's religion against him (this is where I get to say, "I told you so," to the Romney advocates in the primaries). Obviously, this is bad. What makes it really bad is that the push poll is being run by Catholic Democrats.

On Wednesday Hudson also revealed that a group calling itself Catholics for Obama had been making push poll phone calls in support of the president's re-election bid. Among the questions being asked, he said, was "How can you support a 'Mormon' who does not believe in Jesus Christ?"

The phone banker making the call, which in this case went to a woman Hudson identifies as "the head of a pro-life committee at a parish I know" reportedly also asserted that "President Obama did not support abortion" and that Planned Parenthood "helps children get healthcare and prenatal care and does not promote abortion." In fact, the group is one of the nation's largest abortion providers.

All this amounts to a whispering campaign that is both dishonest about the president's record on abortion and deviously attempts to divide the Catholic electorate on the issue of GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney's religion—something the Obama campaign has repeatedly promised it would not do.

But on the other hand there are a lot of fundamentalist Catholics who are fighting back...

With most of the national polls showing the race to be one or two points either way, the fight over the Catholic vote is heating up. In Cleveland, Ohio, the local chapter of Right to Life has issued a formal letter to Bishop Richard Lennon asking him to suspend the Diocese's "Faithful Citizenship" meetings because of their disregard for pro-life issues.

"As a pro-life woman and a Catholic, I am appalled," Cleveland Right to Life President Molly Smith said in a release. "Our Church is under attack by the most liberal, pro-abortion leadership in history. The Cleveland Catholic Diocese is missing a great teaching and unifying opportunity by responding in this manner."

The part of the USNews article that I liked best, though, were the comments that followed. There were dozens of comments that went like this:

When the choice is between a Mormon and a moron, I'll support the Mormon without blinking.

And there were dozens of comments that went like this:

I'll Vote for a Mormon, Christian, Catholic..Before Voting for a Marxist...

And there were dozens (I'm not exaggerating) of comments like this:

How can anyone vote for a Muslim?

Remember, this isn't National Review. This is USNews and World Report which is as liberal a rag as Time or Newsweek.

It's worth clicking the link just to scroll through almost 200 comments that are probably running 90 to 1 against BO. Yes, it's anecdotal evidence but it's all we have these days with a corrupt media. I would like to believe that a LOT of people have had quite enough of the SCOAMF and are willing to vote for anyone. That would be a referendum election.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #398 on: October 02, 2012, 04:51:24 AM »
http://weaselzippers.us/2012/09/26/obama-i-want-to-see-us-export-more-jobs/

Oops!

Usually when his lips move he is lying!

There's a world of difference between "Makers" and "Takers" .

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #399 on: October 02, 2012, 07:32:00 AM »
Okay, here is a mixed bag.

On the one hand you have Democrats doing what they do best, lying. They are running a push poll on Catholics, trying to use Romney's religion against him (this is where I get to say, "I told you so," to the Romney advocates in the primaries). Obviously, this is bad. What makes it really bad is that the push poll is being run by Catholic Democrats.

On Wednesday Hudson also revealed that a group calling itself Catholics for Obama had been making push poll phone calls in support of the president's re-election bid. Among the questions being asked, he said, was "How can you support a 'Mormon' who does not believe in Jesus Christ?"

The phone banker making the call, which in this case went to a woman Hudson identifies as "the head of a pro-life committee at a parish I know" reportedly also asserted that "President Obama did not support abortion" and that Planned Parenthood "helps children get healthcare and prenatal care and does not promote abortion." In fact, the group is one of the nation's largest abortion providers.

All this amounts to a whispering campaign that is both dishonest about the president's record on abortion and deviously attempts to divide the Catholic electorate on the issue of GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney's religion—something the Obama campaign has repeatedly promised it would not do.

But on the other hand there are a lot of fundamentalist Catholics who are fighting back...

With most of the national polls showing the race to be one or two points either way, the fight over the Catholic vote is heating up. In Cleveland, Ohio, the local chapter of Right to Life has issued a formal letter to Bishop Richard Lennon asking him to suspend the Diocese's "Faithful Citizenship" meetings because of their disregard for pro-life issues.

"As a pro-life woman and a Catholic, I am appalled," Cleveland Right to Life President Molly Smith said in a release. "Our Church is under attack by the most liberal, pro-abortion leadership in history. The Cleveland Catholic Diocese is missing a great teaching and unifying opportunity by responding in this manner."

The part of the USNews article that I liked best, though, were the comments that followed. There were dozens of comments that went like this:

When the choice is between a Mormon and a moron, I'll support the Mormon without blinking.

And there were dozens of comments that went like this:

I'll Vote for a Mormon, Christian, Catholic..Before Voting for a Marxist...

And there were dozens (I'm not exaggerating) of comments like this:

How can anyone vote for a Muslim?

Remember, this isn't National Review. This is USNews and World Report which is as liberal a rag as Time or Newsweek.

It's worth clicking the link just to scroll through almost 200 comments that are probably running 90 to 1 against BO. Yes, it's anecdotal evidence but it's all we have these days with a corrupt media. I would like to believe that a LOT of people have had quite enough of the SCOAMF and are willing to vote for anyone. That would be a referendum election.

The push poll was more than a lie and from the comments most  have figured it out. While not a catholic, I feel disappointment a poll such as this ever existed. It is strictly evil in nature and preys on the spiritually weak. I've also seen this in other denominations. Allowing the small minority to push (no pun intended) thier carnal will on others. We've allowed our schools and our media to be overrun by the left......better draw the line in our places of worship.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.