Author Topic: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition  (Read 90828 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition
« Reply #420 on: October 03, 2012, 11:15:32 AM »
When it's so glaringly clear that the pollsters and news outlets are in the tank for Obama why shouldn't it be equally and logically clear that Romney is going to win ?   ::oldman:: ::thinking:: ::oldman::

No my friend. Because logic, reason, and rational thought have very little bearing on our elections. The "logic" is that Øbozo must win because they are so heavily invested in Øbozo. The ironic thing is that they cling to their Øbamessiah for fear of losing face. The irony is that these cretins are relatively shameless in every other respect.

So you think the majority will believe the media "Zietscheit" ?

::laughonfloor::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #421 on: October 03, 2012, 11:22:20 AM »
I saw a Romney yard sign on my street, and a Romney bumpersticker yesterday.  I haven't been checking, but I will going forward.

See a lot of O'Bongo here in Minnie...but I look upon them as one would look at a bullseye...

Yard signs are more of the local variety, not so many POTUS ones...the "Had Enough?  Vote Romney" billboards still standing around the metro.

I did see an idiot up at the lake (who is not on the lake but off it) who has been trying for the past two years to sell his property...I doubt the idiot realizes he is in the more conservative sticks and his Obama/Biden sign may be a detriment to his ability to sell.  (Oh, and his asking price is ridiculously high!)  Takes a special kind of fool to advertise his stupidity...

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #422 on: October 03, 2012, 12:34:33 PM »
no license plate
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #423 on: October 03, 2012, 01:09:21 PM »
I thought he just blocked the plate out . I was looking for something else but can't find anything .

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #424 on: October 03, 2012, 01:14:47 PM »
Msybe he did and he is referring to a prius driver voting for Romney?
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

charlesoakwood

« Reply #425 on: October 03, 2012, 01:17:31 PM »

So that's what a Prius looks like.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #426 on: October 03, 2012, 01:38:26 PM »

"Rich people are all for non-violence, why wouldn't they be, they've got what they want."

Obama 2002 MLK speech: "Rich people are all for non-violence", unless they are perpetrating it

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #427 on: October 03, 2012, 02:14:33 PM »
Yes, rich people perpetrate their violence "with their accountants".  Or somethin' like 'at.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #428 on: October 03, 2012, 03:21:34 PM »
Msybe he did and he is referring to a prius driver voting for Romney?

Yeah. And they have an NRA sticker too.

Apparently from Aurora, CO

Alternate caption ""Add a prostitute and the average Obama voter would never need to leave.""
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:07:51 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #429 on: October 03, 2012, 06:07:24 PM »
Hey, here's a quick question for the forum members: How many BO bumpers stickers and signs do you see? Rush was sort of talking about that today but he was quick to mention that Romney signs aren't highly visible either. Other than the old Obama/Biden 2008 stickers I occasionally see on beat up Volvos I haven't seen any new ones at all. Not a single yard sign, either. I have seen a few Romney signs and stickers but zero (and I do mean zero) BO 2012 signs/stickers. Anyone else?

Time for check-in from hippie central.

You are correct - there are fewer Ø'blowme signs this time around than in '08 - even for this leftist rat-hole. I have a (sort-of) neighbor who plastered signs on his corner lot last time out. This time only signs for local candidates. Similar stories wherever I go.

I have seen some Ø'blowme bumper stickers - but again not as many. I've been helping erect signs (the 4" X 8' variety) for a local candidate so I am attuned to what signs are out and where. If sign count were an indicator of interest the pubbies would be a lock in this state (too bad it doesn't work that way!).

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #430 on: October 03, 2012, 06:13:03 PM »
I saw a Romney yard sign on my street, and a Romney bumpersticker yesterday.  I haven't been checking, but I will going forward.

It is a given in this town that if you put out a Romney sign (just like with the Bush signs) the zombies will attack and damage your property. It is a certainty. So no one does unless they can monitor it or it is behind a fenced area.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #431 on: October 03, 2012, 07:18:39 PM »
I saw a Romney yard sign on my street, and a Romney bumpersticker yesterday.  I haven't been checking, but I will going forward.

It is a given in this town that if you put out a Romney sign (just like with the Bush signs) the zombies will attack and damage your property. It is a certainty. So no one does unless they can monitor it or it is behind a fenced area.

I have both Allen Wst and Romney Ryan signs up,and screw those that don't like it' I drove down one street where there were 20 roney signs and two obama signs on the whole street.

Are we live blogging this thing tonight??
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #432 on: October 03, 2012, 07:26:32 PM »
In my area, there are a few romney signs but I haven't seen the first obama sign. Have seen a few obama bumper stickers, but when I think about it, most are on cars passing down I 65 going south.

People get weird stares here if they sport an obama sticker.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #433 on: October 03, 2012, 10:19:08 PM »
Not one Obama yard sign.  A few on cars--usually people voting for the year 2012 and occassionally a Obama/Biden.  Probably see one to four a week. But I have seen a few Romney yard signs and at least 3 or 4 maybe a few more bumper  stickers a week. Not even a lot for local candidates.

I think people don't want to make an issue of who they're voting for.  And I think it's not good for Obama.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #434 on: October 04, 2012, 08:19:34 AM »
Not one Obama yard sign.  A few on cars--usually people voting for the year 2012 and occassionally a Obama/Biden.  Probably see one to four a week. But I have seen a few Romney yard signs and at least 3 or 4 maybe a few more bumper  stickers a week. Not even a lot for local candidates.

I think people don't want to make an issue of who they're voting for.  And I think it's not good for Obama.

I believe you are correct. It's still the whole race thing. Romney support is there, but reserved......but not necessarily because of Romney. I believe it is why, as Trap has posted on several occasions, why online comment run pro Romney. There is a certain privacy there.  All those people who proudly endorsed Obama last time..... Are not this time.....are embarrassed as hell.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #435 on: October 04, 2012, 09:05:35 AM »
"Did you see that Ludicrous Display  last night?"

INtrade has Obama down over 10 points

And did you know that Bet Fair - a sports betting site, lets you bet on the election as well?

You see, American Politics is a sport. Go Red Team.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night ?

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #436 on: October 04, 2012, 10:05:24 AM »

I believe you are correct. It's still the whole race thing. Romney support is there, but reserved......but not necessarily because of Romney. I believe it is why, as Trap has posted on several occasions, why online comment run pro Romney. There is a certain privacy there.  All those people who proudly endorsed Obama last time..... Are not this time.....are embarrassed as hell.

Then there's my other barometer - my leftist co-workers. One in particular is a neo-marxist. He is about the same age as I, grew up with similar life experiences, but turned out diametrically the opposite of me. We were paired up with I joined the organization and (probably because of my appearance) he immediately took me for a fellow traveler. Because he held knowledge that was critical to my success at my job I allowed to him believe whatever he wished to believe.

He was horrified when, about three years later he discovered that I was a staunch conservative. He actually missed a day of work and then wouldn't speak to me for months. He is the one that agitated for us to unionize and he hated me because I played a prominent role in crushing the effort. The irony is that he now works for me  ;D

Anyway - he and a few others were quite vocal against "Bush*tler" and then complete Øbomorons in '08. They took every opportunity to inappropriately insert politics into business and were responsible for spawning the election war that resulted in an edict from management prohibiting the discussion of politics on the job (yea, like that was enforceable!).

This year? Crickets. I know what their POV is but they are tight-lipped about it. And moody - almost morose. I can tell that this is weighing heavily on his mind and he is taking every Øbozo gaffe personally. After the years of silently putting up with his crap I'm hoping that the meltdown is in full technicolor.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #437 on: October 04, 2012, 11:16:08 AM »

Then there's my other barometer - my leftist co-workers. One in particular is a neo-marxist. He is about the same age as I, grew up with similar life experiences, but turned out diametrically the opposite of me. We were paired up with I joined the organization and (probably because of my appearance) he immediately took me for a fellow traveler. Because he held knowledge that was critical to my success at my job I allowed to him believe whatever he wished to believe.

He was horrified when, about three years later he discovered that I was a staunch conservative. He actually missed a day of work and then wouldn't speak to me for months. He is the one that agitated for us to unionize and he hated me because I played a prominent role in crushing the effort. The irony is that he now works for me  ;D

Anyway - he and a few others were quite vocal against "Bush*tler" and then complete Øbomorons in '08. They took every opportunity to inappropriately insert politics into business and were responsible for spawning the election war that resulted in an edict from management prohibiting the discussion of politics on the job (yea, like that was enforceable!).

This year? Crickets. I know what their POV is but they are tight-lipped about it. And moody - almost morose. I can tell that this is weighing heavily on his mind and he is taking every Øbozo gaffe personally. After the years of silently putting up with his crap I'm hoping that the meltdown is in full technicolor.

The must have loved seeing their beloved one not being able to defend one of his policies last night. Watching everything you believe in shown to be completely indefensible and for the pie in the sky crap that it all is.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #438 on: October 04, 2012, 11:24:02 AM »
"This year? Crickets. I know what their POV is but they are tight-lipped about it. And moody - almost morose."

I can confirm this is also true at my place of work.  I think they are stunned that their Messiah was so easily thrashed.

I have not heard their chatter even parrot the lame excuses offered by idiots like AlGore (blame the altitude!   ::hysterical::  ) or anyone else, I don't think they have the energy to even mouth that tripe.  Maybe in a few days when the MFM issues more concise talking points, but not now, they are a sullen and cowering enclave right now.

;D

::whoohoo::

Makes me want to poke them!

::pokeineye::

::evil::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #439 on: October 04, 2012, 11:37:59 AM »
the left is stunned

how deflating it must be to realize you placed your hope in a loser
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."