Author Topic: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition  (Read 90897 times)

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition
« Reply #440 on: October 04, 2012, 11:57:23 AM »
"This year? Crickets. I know what their POV is but they are tight-lipped about it. And moody - almost morose."

I can confirm this is also true at my place of work.  I think they are stunned that their Messiah was so easily thrashed.

I have not heard their chatter even parrot the lame excuses offered by idiots like AlGore (blame the altitude!   ::hysterical::  ) or anyone else, I don't think they have the energy to even mouth that tripe.  Maybe in a few days when the MFM issues more concise talking points, but not now, they are a sullen and cowering enclave right now.

;D

::whoohoo::

Makes me want to poke them!

::pokeineye::

::evil::

You think THAT'S bad ... I heard they had to carry Stymie up the steps of Air Force One last night in a fetal position .  ::evil::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #441 on: October 04, 2012, 12:28:49 PM »
The must have loved seeing their beloved one not being able to defend one of his policies last night. Watching everything you believe in shown to be completely indefensible and for the pie in the sky crap that it all is.

I haven't spoken to him (I try to avoid contact unless the job requires it) but I know him to be a complete dhimmicrat toilet-drinker. It doesn't matter to him that it doesn't make sense - only that it makes him feeeeeeeel good. He'll be annoyed and offended that his Øbamessiah isn't being crowned winner of the world, and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't call in sick for a few days.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #442 on: October 04, 2012, 02:38:01 PM »
"This year? Crickets. I know what their POV is but they are tight-lipped about it. And moody - almost morose."

I can confirm this is also true at my place of work.  I think they are stunned that their Messiah was so easily thrashed.

I have not heard their chatter even parrot the lame excuses offered by idiots like AlGore (blame the altitude!   ::hysterical::  ) or anyone else, I don't think they have the energy to even mouth that tripe.  Maybe in a few days when the MFM issues more concise talking points, but not now, they are a sullen and cowering enclave right now.

;D

::whoohoo::

Makes me want to poke them!

::pokeineye::

::evil::

You think THAT'S bad ... I heard they had to carry Stymie up the steps of Air Force One last night in a fetal position .  ::evil::

May their grips be weak and the stairs very hard.

;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #443 on: October 04, 2012, 07:19:27 PM »
So I drove back over to that house I was looking at to see if the debate got the libtard to take is Obama sign down. Nope. Now there were two. And the across the street neighbor put one up.  After all, Romney's facts and logic are all a trick, some sort of dark magic like Math that Conservatives use.  It doesn't change reality.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #444 on: October 04, 2012, 07:24:29 PM »
Doubling down on stupid.  They are consistent, eh?   ::hysterical::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #445 on: October 04, 2012, 07:47:39 PM »
So I drove back over to that house I was looking at to see if the debate got the libtard to take is Obama sign down. Nope. Now there were two. And the across the street neighbor put one up.  After all, Romney's facts and logic are all a trick, some sort of dark magic like Math that Conservatives use.  It doesn't change reality.

Maybe you should leave them a note....Like some kids stuck an obama sign in your yard and I thought you needed to know so no one thinks your an idiot.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #446 on: October 04, 2012, 08:00:16 PM »
That ^^.  I like it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #447 on: October 04, 2012, 08:04:53 PM »

Closing and getting out of that neighborhood
underscores the words free and clear.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #448 on: October 04, 2012, 08:07:07 PM »
RedState - "Joe Biden Continues to Campaign for Romney/Ryan"

Heh!

http://www.redstate.com/2012/10/04/joe-biden-continues-to-campaign-for-romneyryan/

Keep shootin' yer yap off Plugs, moderates will flee Hopeless/Changeless in droves...

::thumbsup::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #449 on: October 04, 2012, 08:07:42 PM »

Closing and getting out of that neighborhood
underscores the words free and clear.

;D   ::thumbsup::

Turn out the lights...the parties over...

charlesoakwood

« Reply #450 on: October 04, 2012, 08:30:29 PM »
RedState - "Joe Biden Continues to Campaign for Romney/Ryan"

Heh!

http://www.redstate.com/2012/10/04/joe-biden-continues-to-campaign-for-romneyryan/

Keep shootin' yer yap off Plugs, moderates will flee Hopeless/Changeless in droves...

::thumbsup::
I noticed the media starting to print articles with sprinkles of truth and some commentators such a Kirstin Powers speaking threads of truth.  At that time
PTBs had written him off and began to slowly turn off his teleprompters.

And they said:

Turn out the lights
The party's over
They say that
All good things must end...
Call it a night
The party's over

charlesoakwood

« Reply #451 on: October 04, 2012, 08:52:09 PM »

They got Barry tangled in a spider web

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/10/03/halloween-display-catching-family-in-web-of-controversy/
COLLEYVILLLE (CBSDFW.COM) – The election season and Halloween have been joined together in a yard display that is drawing attention in Colleyville.

The display features spiders big enough for a human to ride on. Spiderwebs cover much of the front yard. The scariest element though, may be the political and racial overtones some are conferring. ...

charlesoakwood

« Reply #452 on: October 04, 2012, 08:58:02 PM »
Yeah, it's three in a row, but:

CHICAGO (CBS) The President of the South Suburban Branch of the NAACP alleges a director of the re-election campaign of Barack Obama has threatened and intimidated him because he doesn’t support the president.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:41:03 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #453 on: October 04, 2012, 09:30:12 PM »

They got Barry tangled in a spider web

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/10/03/halloween-display-catching-family-in-web-of-controversy/
COLLEYVILLLE (CBSDFW.COM) – The election season and Halloween have been joined together in a yard display that is drawing attention in Colleyville.

The display features spiders big enough for a human to ride on. Spiderwebs cover much of the front yard. The scariest element though, may be the political and racial overtones some are conferring. ...

We have something like this going on up in our neck of the woods. A young (20-something) couple put an empty chair out on their lawn to poke fun at the pResident. Someone came along and snatched it, so they replaced it with one up in a tree. Now the limp-wrists are claiming racism because of the "chair-lynchings" conducted against blacks by someone, somewhere, sometime in the past.

Has anyone ever heard of chair-lynchings?!

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #454 on: October 05, 2012, 06:53:22 AM »
How do you lynch an inanimate object?   ::hysterical::

Would like to see more of this!   ;D

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #455 on: October 05, 2012, 06:54:29 AM »
Yeah, it's three in a row, but:

CHICAGO (CBS) The President of the South Suburban Branch of the NAACP alleges a director of the re-election campaign of Barack Obama has threatened and intimidated him because he doesn’t support the president.

See what happens if you try to leave the DemPlantation?!  I hope this story gets out, I would hope Romney operatives make sure it gets out!

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #456 on: October 05, 2012, 12:00:40 PM »
SCoaMF doing what the SCOaMF does best -

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-we-dont-believe-anybody-entitled-success-country_653749.html

"We do not believe that anybody is entitled to success in this country."

Huh, doesn't apply to governement and its minions now does it?  Or crony capitalists like GM, Chrysler, GE, Solyndra...eh?

::effu::

::asskicking::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #457 on: October 05, 2012, 12:07:24 PM »
"This country does not just succeed when just a few are doing well at the top," Obama said, according to a rush transcript of the remarks. "It succeeds when the middle class gets bigger. Our economy does not grow from the top-down, it grows from the middle-out. We do not believe that anybody is entitled to success in this country. But we do believe in opportunity. We believe in a country where hard work pays off and responsibilities are rewarded and everybody is getting a fair shot and everybody's doing their fair share. And everybody's paying by the same rules. That is the country believe in. That is what we have been fighting for the last four years. That is what we're going to put in place in the next four years if you reelect me as president of the United States of America."

This is familiar.  He's recycling his speeches now and throwing in some re-election-speak.

What he's "going to put in place"?  There's nothing to "put in place" except to put *him* out and get the rest of the government the hell out of the way.

Gawd, his ego ...........
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #458 on: October 05, 2012, 08:32:09 PM »
...Gawd, his ego ...........

Indeed....

The Undoing of Storybook Man
    -Jonah Goldberg

It was the Puss in Boots eyes.

If you’ve seen the Shrek movies or the spin-off cartoon starring the storybook cat voiced by Antonio Banderas, you know what I’m talking about. Whenever Puss in Boots really needs something from someone, he flashes these enormous kitten eyes that melt anyone in their path. Whenever my daughter really wants something, she tries to lay them on me, and I have to say, “Stop trying to give me the Puss in Boots eyes . . . you can’t have chocolate cake for dinner.”

I knew Barack Obama was miserable when he tried to give debate moderator Jim Lehrer the Puss in Boots eyes. “You may want to move on to another topic,” Obama implored Lehrer, a bit like a motorcycle thief begging a cop to take him into custody rather than let him stay with the surly biker gang that caught him.

I expected Romney to beat expectations and win the debate (though I had no clue how decisive his victory would be), not because I thought Romney was such a fantastic debater, but because Obama is the single most overrated politician of my lifetime.

That’s not to say he’s a bad politician. He’s not. He’s fine, even pretty good. But he’s not the master so many people claim he is.

The Irish have a saying: “Hunger makes the best sauce.” And it’s true. If you’re hungry enough, roadkill will make for a king’s feast. Liberals were so hungry for someone like Obama, he seemed like so much more than he really was.

You could hear indications of this fact in the way some of the more crotchety members of the Democratic establishment described Obama.

Senator Harry Reid was blown away by the potential of this “light-skinned” African-American “with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.”

In 2007, Joe Biden said of his then-opponent, “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.” He added: “I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

Storybook Man, indeed.

While such comments could be described as racially insensitive, they weren’t necessarily racist. They simply reflected the fact that even cynical Democrats understood that the Democratic party — and, to be fair, much of the country generally — craved a mainstream black presidential candidate. Jesse Jackson was too polarizing, some would say too embarrassing, for the job. Obama, meanwhile, was “storybook, man.”

The problem for Obama was that he always believed the most ludicrous version of Storybook Man. He once told a reporter, “You know, I actually believe my own [bovine excrement].”

For a guy who supposedly gives wonderful speeches, he rarely persuades the unpersuaded or inspires those he didn’t already have at “hello.” That’s partly the fault of his speechwriters, who always did him the disservice of producing the kind of pedantic and clichéd boilerplate that Obama mistook for soaring oratory. He thought he smashed through the Democratic primaries like a battering ram through concrete when he mostly pushed on open doors.

As president, he’s convinced himself that he is a policy wonk with a deeper understanding of the machinery of government and the mysteries of the economy than even his advisers. And yet he had to learn on the job that “shovel-ready jobs” were magic beans sold to him by party hacks hungry for pork. He bought a stimulus that only stimulated political cronies. In the debate, he touted windmills and solar power as the energy sources of the future as if he still honestly believed that.

The media’s infatuation with Obama and/or their contempt for his critics only served to reinforce his delusions. When the press laughs at all of your jokes and takes your glib excuses as profound insights, the inevitable result is a kind of flabby narcissism. Kings can be forgiven for thinking they are the greatest poets when the court weeps at their clunky limericks.

The Obama who delivered a shockingly lackluster convention speech last month is the same man who walked into that Denver stadium in 2008 to rapturous approval. The man who lost the debate Wednesday night is the same man who never managed to make Obamacare popular after more than 50 speeches and pronouncements on it in his first year.

The key difference now is that the hunger for Obama has been replaced with the indigestion that follows after four unimpressive years in office. In sales, they say you sell the sizzle, not the steak. In 2008, the man was all sizzle, and the ravenous throng was sold. Now he must sell the steak itself, and it’s full of gristle, fat, and bone. He may yet still close the deal, but only if people fall for his Puss in Boots eyes.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #459 on: October 05, 2012, 10:07:03 PM »
Yes.  "The Magic Negro".

This ties right back into your member diary, IDP, particularly in how conservatives, too, bought into the "historic first Black president" as a racial healing.

And they still haven't learned.  Nikki Haley is celebrated as the first governor of her *protected status*, including that of "woman", as is Allen West, Marco Rubio and so on.

I've been urging against this for what seems like forever, and have consistently been told that WE need to play it this way because the Left does.  Feh.