Author Topic: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition  (Read 90825 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition
« Reply #500 on: October 16, 2012, 07:29:49 AM »
PA too close to call.  Good, that means O'Bongo is in trouble there as well.   ::thumbsup::

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes-centers/polling-institute/pennsylvania/release-detail?ReleaseID=1807

Bitter clingers seeking payback, giving Mitt a huge lead in rural areas in battle ground states.   ::thumbsup::

http://www.npr.org/2012/10/16/162979856/poll-romney-near-landslide-in-rural-swing-counties

Heh, NPR probably threw up a little pulling that story together!   ::cool::

Mitt fighting O'Bongo in WI to ensure all military votes are counted.   ::USA::

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/15/romney-campaign-files-federal-suit-to-ensure-all-military-ballots-count-in-wisconsin/

FWIW - Ross Perot passes on O'Bongo and endorses Romney.  Could influence some Indy's.   ::thumbsup:: 

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/oct/16/ross-perot-endorses-mitt-romney/

The O'Bongo beat-down continues!   ::asskicking::

::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #501 on: October 16, 2012, 10:23:10 AM »
Add all this up, and millions of voters — quietly, on their own, without much communication — are becoming wearied by Obama, in a way that is quite miraculous. They are coming to the conclusion not just that it is now OK to vote against Obama, but that even if it is not politically correct, they don’t much care anymore.

::cool::

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #502 on: October 16, 2012, 11:01:20 AM »
FWIW - Ross Perot passes on O'Bongo and endorses Romney.  Could influence some Indy's.   ::thumbsup:: 

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/oct/16/ross-perot-endorses-mitt-romney/

Perot is much respected by Libertarians, his endorsement will mute Ron Paul.
Somewhat.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #503 on: October 16, 2012, 11:18:23 AM »
PA too close to call.  Good, that means O'Bongo is in trouble there as well.   ::thumbsup::

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes-centers/polling-institute/pennsylvania/release-detail?ReleaseID=1807

Bitter clingers seeking payback, giving Mitt a huge lead in rural areas in battle ground states.   ::thumbsup::

http://www.npr.org/2012/10/16/162979856/poll-romney-near-landslide-in-rural-swing-counties

Heh, NPR probably threw up a little pulling that story together!   ::cool::

Mitt fighting O'Bongo in WI to ensure all military votes are counted.   ::USA::

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/15/romney-campaign-files-federal-suit-to-ensure-all-military-ballots-count-in-wisconsin/

About that "O'Bongo", I've just been informed it's raaaacist.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #504 on: October 16, 2012, 11:41:04 AM »
PA too close to call.  Good, that means O'Bongo is in trouble there as well.   ::thumbsup::

Bitter clingers seeking payback, giving Mitt a huge lead in rural areas in battle ground states.   ::thumbsup::

Heh, NPR probably threw up a little pulling that story together!   ::cool::

Mitt fighting O'Bongo in WI to ensure all military votes are counted.   ::USA::

FWIW - Ross Perot passes on O'Bongo and endorses Romney.  Could influence some Indy's.   ::thumbsup::  

The O'Bongo beat-down continues!   ::asskicking::

About that "O'Bongo", I've just been informed it's raaaacist.

Tone?!   ::cussing::  Who's the fink?  Lemme at 'em!  Lemme at 'em! 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #505 on: October 16, 2012, 11:48:45 AM »
Local forum.  The resident Lefties see it as their jobs to police the language for probable and possible racism.

Apparently, the Stormfront types have taken to calling SCoaMF Obongo and because they do it, in conjunction with other n-words and such, it's now RACIST.

I don't care.  Actually, I do care.  Nobody appointed these assholes official language guardians against racist words, thoughts or otherwise and I will not comply.  I aim to misbehave.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #506 on: October 16, 2012, 11:54:21 AM »
Oh, them.   ::vafancoul::

;)

Give 'em your tag line and tell them not to piss off the bitter clingers!

::evilbat::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #507 on: October 16, 2012, 12:01:46 PM »
Oh, I gave one the tag line.  Know what she said?  "I know who you are and if I disappear I've told the Sheriff where to look for my body".

She doesn't know who I am and I wouldn't touch her body, in any state, with a ten foot pole but she's chosen to interpret the line as a personal threat.  This is who these stinkin' people are.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #508 on: October 16, 2012, 12:10:14 PM »
Buwuuuhaahaaa!  Yeah, like all mouthy leftists, they cannot back up their own stuff, their favorite move is to place a call to the bureaucracy and have minions do their harrassing.  Cowards.  She obviously has the cognitive ability not much different than a squirrel!

I'd be half tempted to reply to that ridiculous statement with a simple "What body?"!   ::rimshot::

Thank you, I'll be here the rest of the week, don't forget to tip your waitress.   ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #510 on: October 17, 2012, 03:34:30 PM »
The end is near.

The suffering is almost at an end.

Have patience.

Have faith.

Wait for it.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #511 on: October 17, 2012, 04:47:58 PM »
So I thought that I would put a clothespin on my nose, strap on a pair of waders and have a look at Daily Kos...specifically at Raptavio's comments. Today they are beating their chests about the inspired performance of BO at last night's debate.

Raptavio is trying to quell panic over the latest Gallup poll by chanting the mantra, "Believe in Nick Silver." I'm not sure how well that works when the DK/PPP poll is showing a Romney leadAs well but there is no point in arguing with "superior" minds.

As an aside, one of there commenters claims that the Gallup result is based solely on a R+22 sample for the south and that BO was up on the north east and west regions. I couldn't find that data at Gallup. Hard to believe that Gallup would do that, though.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #512 on: October 17, 2012, 05:23:41 PM »
Okay, found it. The reference was from the body of the article...duh.

They really know how to pick their rays of sunshine, though. Here is the summary:

With three weeks to go in the campaign, Obama appears to be losing momentum, and now trails Romney by four percentage points among likely voters. That contrasts with his seven-point win over McCain in 2008. Given this shift in overall voter preferences, it follows that Obama will have lost support among at least some subgroups of the electorate. Those losses are not proportionate across all subgroups, however. He shed the most support among Southerners, college graduates, postgraduates, 30- to 49-year-olds, men, and Protestants. He also lost a moderate amount of support among whites, Easterners, women, and Catholics -- while not building new support elsewhere.

So, yeah...Nate Silver!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #513 on: October 17, 2012, 05:59:03 PM »

Oklahoma? No.  whew

We need a one-party Obama dictatorship!

OSU Student: We need a one-party Obama dictatorship!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #514 on: October 17, 2012, 06:04:57 PM »
So I thought that I would put a clothespin on my nose, strap on a pair of waders and have a look at Daily Kos...specifically at Raptavio's comments. Today they are beating their chests about the inspired performance of BO at last night's debate.

Raptavio is trying to quell panic over the latest Gallup poll by chanting the mantra, "Believe in Nick Silver." I'm not sure how well that works when the DK/PPP poll is showing a Romney leadAs well but there is no point in arguing with "superior" minds.

As an aside, one of there commenters claims that the Gallup result is based solely on a R+22 sample for the south and that BO was up on the north east and west regions. I couldn't find that data at Gallup. Hard to believe that Gallup would do that, though.

JEEEBUS don't use his name.Remember Beetlejuice.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #516 on: October 17, 2012, 07:22:52 PM »

I purposefully used his name. I know for a fact that he performs periodic searches to see what's being said about him. So, yeah...I want the big fag to see it. Drop dead, Raptavio.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #517 on: October 17, 2012, 07:32:15 PM »
Raptavio must be Latin for that stuff I scrape off my shoe...

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #518 on: October 17, 2012, 08:10:51 PM »

I purposefully used his name. I know for a fact that he performs periodic searches to see what's being said about him. So, yeah...I want the big fag to see it. Drop dead, Raptavio.

To each his own. I will never have the pleasure of registering my disgust in person so I don't see why I should bother investing the energy.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #519 on: October 17, 2012, 10:08:48 PM »
Okay, so here's the thing on the Gallup poll "details."

Yes, it's true that today's poll uses (among others) the following numbers:

Oct. 2008        Oct 2012
                      BO McDud       BO Romney

East                   57   43          52   48               +14     +4
Midwest              53   47          52   48               +6      +4
South                 50   50          39   61                0       -22
West                  55   45          53   47               +10    +6

What the cretins at DK don't want to see (or think about) is that in 2008 the south did not matter. It was a draw. BO beat McDud by seven points in 2008 and he did it with the other numbers. Four years later BO has lost ten points in the east, two points in the midwest and four points in the west. I don't see any areas of the country where BO hasn't lost ground...he just happens to have lost more ground in the south.

It's worth reading the rest of the data that goes along with the Gallup numbers. BO is up with post college grads, under 30-year-olds and non-caucasians. Just about every other demo or category he is down in.

What is troubling is that Rassmussen (which has tended to be more historically accurate) is not showing this pulling away by Romney. Not yet. Rassmussen has Romney over BO by 49% to 48% with 2% undecided. What is very troubling is the swing state tracking poll that shows BO over Romney by 50% to 47%. I don't know how he puts these things together. But it's troubling.

But tomorrow is another day and another likely voter poll.

EDIT: I would be interested to know how the table functions work. If anyone knows how to format a table or can figure it out I would appreciate it.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:21:34 PM by trapeze »