Author Topic: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition  (Read 90901 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition
« Reply #560 on: October 21, 2012, 11:03:59 AM »
Another day, another piece of anecdotal evidence.

Today's installment comes from the PuffHo. They have this article about how BO supporters are coping with the downward trend for BO in the polls. The article sucks...typical PuffHo mediocre "journalism"...but what makes it interesting (as is so often the case in these things) are the comments that follow the article. I have always been under the impression that the PuffHo was chock full of liberals like, say, DailyKos or Democrat Underground. And it is. PuffHo is an "upscale" DailyKos or perhaps and online print version of MSNBC. It's 100% pro liberal bias, through and through. So, I'm confused about the comments on this article because they are mostly running anti-BO and pro-Romney. Who are these people? They aren't new commenters. It's hard to believe that any right-minded conservative would hang out there. So are they "moderates?" Don't know. And really don't care. It's just interesting and funny that there would be so many anti-BO comments and commenters on any PuffHo article. Well, there it is...take it for what it's worth.

Here is one comment (from a person who actually does appear to be new) about what I noticed:

Romney is trending on huff post? Can't believe all the pro Romney posts on this site. Now I am getting excited. Remember, Obama has binders of dead embassy workers and unemployed Americans. Romney 2012.

Unlike DU and KOS huffpo seems to have some modest tolerance for moderate commenters. I don't know where the line is because I never signed up to fight with them (seemed like a fruitless exercise) but I, too have noticed the departure from group-think in the comments.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #561 on: October 22, 2012, 10:56:17 AM »
How panicky are the far left?

This panicky:

Emergency message from Babs Streisand...
“The Democratic Party urgently needs your help. We’re just weeks from the most important election in a generation and every single thing Democrats like you and I spent a lifetime fighting for is on the line. Republican Super PACs are pounding President Obama and Democratic candidates with millions of dollars of vicious attack ads. And, they could tip the balance of the election for Tea Party extremists,” she wrote in the mass note. “That would be a disaster for America and we can’t let it happen. We must close the funding gap… ?It’s up to you and me to make this happen.? Please rush an emergency contribution right away while there’s still time. President Obama needs a new Democratic Majority to get America moving again.”

EDIT: Just heard Limbaugh take credit for coining "Mittmentum" last week. Well, I'm certain it didn't originate with me but I used it here on October 8. Great minds and all...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:28:14 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #562 on: October 22, 2012, 11:28:51 AM »
Eff her!  The Dem's get truckloads of money from shady overseas sources and this silly twit shilling for more money is the answer?  I guess we have to pity such a basement level IQ, it would never occur to this twit that people are fed up with her Dear Leader!  But I am out of pity, so to Hell with her and the idiots dumb enough to fork over money on so lame a plea!

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #563 on: October 22, 2012, 11:32:41 AM »
President Obama needs a new Democratic Majority to get America moving again.”

good luck with that babs

::hysterical::

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

CatholicCrusader

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #565 on: October 22, 2012, 02:00:39 PM »
Not much magical after four years because it never was. That's the problem with mythology.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #566 on: October 22, 2012, 06:39:46 PM »
Hey, am I good or what?

Obama just suffered a one day mini crash on Intrade. I predicted this, what? Four or five days ago? ...and right on time, too.

Almost a three point slide as I write this.

More to come. Stay tuned.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 06:45:28 PM by trapeze »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #567 on: October 22, 2012, 06:42:17 PM »
Yep, you're good.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #568 on: October 22, 2012, 09:40:13 PM »
Yeah, lets see how tomorrow goes.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #569 on: October 22, 2012, 10:18:02 PM »
"This 75-year-old policy aimed at preventing terrorism has changed dramatically under the Obama administration. On May 4, 2011, even the Washington Post documented that the administration was dismantling the policies for preventing terrorism on U.S. soil:

In normal times, the officials who uncovered the intelligence that led us to Osama bin Laden would get a medal. In the Obama administration, they have been given subpoenas.

The Washington Post article, titled “Obama owes thanks, and an apology, to CIA interrogators,” further stated:

On his second day in office Obama shut down the CIA’s high-value interrogation program. His Justice Department then reopened criminal investigations into the conduct of CIA interrogators — inquiries that had been closed years before by career prosecutors who concluded that there were no crimes to prosecute. In a speech at the National Archives, Obama eviscerated the men and women of the CIA, accusing them of “torture” and declaring that their work “did not advance our war and counterterrorism efforts — they undermined them.”

The bankrupt government of Italy was the first to take advantage of the Obama administration’s war against the CIA. On September 2012, in what seemed to be an attempt to distract public attention from its economic troubles, Italy’s high court ruled that 23 CIA operatives and one U.S. Air Force officer should serve jail terms in Italy. The Italian government decided to enforce that decision. Their crime? They allegedly “kidnapped” Egyptian terrorist cleric Osama Moustafa Hassan Nasr from a Milan street in 2003.

The CIA is our first line of defense against terrorism and nuclear proliferation, and it should not be used to improve the stature of ambitious political figures. There are many ways a foreign intelligence service can lose trust, but there is nothing more devastating for it than hearing it is distrusted by its own country’s government and political leaders. Who will risk his life to confide secrets to it after that?"

http://pjmedia.com/mihaipacepa/2012/10/22/prevention-the-primary-goal-neglected-by-obamas-foreign-policy/?singlepage=true
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #570 on: October 22, 2012, 11:32:48 PM »
I can't say that I look at Intrade a lot buy I have never seen more than fifty or sixty shares available to buy in the "BO will win" category. Tonight there are nearly 1000 shares available for purchase. That's a lot of shares that people are trying to dump. That is, if I understand how Intrade works and I admit I am not sure. But it looks that way.

In contrast there are 37 shares available to purchase in the "Romney will win" category.

These things change from moment to moment so who knows what it will be in another five minutes, though.

I'm guessing that BO will be south of $6 a share tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:37:03 PM by trapeze »

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #571 on: October 23, 2012, 07:00:23 AM »
Sell price for Obama below $6, fewer shares of Mitt and more shares of BO available either direction.

http://www.intrade.com/v4/home/

It will be interesting to see what things look like a week from today.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #572 on: October 23, 2012, 09:05:57 AM »
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows Mitt Romney attracting support from 50% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns the vote from 46%. One percent (1%) prefers some other candidate, and two percent (2%) are undecided.

Other than brief convention bounces, this is the first time either candidate has led by more than three points in months.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #573 on: October 23, 2012, 09:09:29 AM »
Sell price for Obama below $6, fewer shares of Mitt and more shares of BO available either direction.

http://www.intrade.com/v4/home/

It will be interesting to see what things look like a week from today.

As I write this the price for BO shares has fallen to $5.76

Romney's share price has risen to $4.29

That is a rather dramatic turnaround since yesterday. Give it another day or two to see if it is a blip or a trend but I'm guessing with two weeks until election day we are beginning to see a trend.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #574 on: October 23, 2012, 09:31:01 AM »
And, from the sidebar at AoS, here is a link to a pdf file showing the PPP poll conducted October 20-22 with 1200 likely voters.

Romney 49%
BO 47%
Undecided 4%

It's worth clicking the link to see the cross tabs, though. Pretty good for a lib poll.

I'm guessing that the Gallup poll stays the same or maybe goes back up to a seven point spread.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #575 on: October 23, 2012, 03:04:09 PM »
And, from the sidebar at AoS, here is a link to a pdf file showing the PPP poll conducted October 20-22 with 1200 likely voters.

Romney 49%
BO 47%
Undecided 4%

It's worth clicking the link to see the cross tabs, though. Pretty good for a lib poll.

I'm guessing that the Gallup poll stays the same or maybe goes back up to a seven point spread.

At least 7 point Romney win.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #576 on: October 23, 2012, 07:13:40 PM »
The Intrade slide continues. Up and down all day but right now it's down. $5.68 per share for Toonces and $4.33 per share for Romney.

When the Rassmussen and Gallup tracking polls get to factor in the post debate dead cat bounce for BO the price will take another significant hit. When Romney gets the breakthrough in polling in Ohio the bottom will fall out. I give it a week. Tops.

EDIT: Oops...$5.50 a new low for the day. Romney at $4.48

EDIT: This situation isn't getting any better...$5.45 now.

EDIT: Did I say $5.45? I meant $5.39

The libs are going to freak when it goes below $5 (and stays there), you know.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 09:50:02 PM by trapeze »

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #577 on: October 24, 2012, 07:43:08 AM »
Romney people ran from this story, which I can understand, but it doesn't mean the story doesn't sound credible, I mean we are talking about Capt. Choom here...

A man claiming to be a close pal to President Obama during college made contact with Republican operatives recently, ready to go public with claims that Obama used and sold cocaine in college, RadarOnline.com is reporting exclusively.

The operatives tried to spread the story through the media and the Romney campaign, a source close to the situation told Radar.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/10/president-obama-sold-cocaine-college-trump-charges-republicans-reject

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #578 on: October 24, 2012, 09:15:19 AM »
Romney people ran from this story, which I can understand, but it doesn't mean the story doesn't sound credible, I mean we are talking about Capt. Choom here...

A man claiming to be a close pal to President Obama during college made contact with Republican operatives recently, ready to go public with claims that Obama used and sold cocaine in college, RadarOnline.com is reporting exclusively.

The operatives tried to spread the story through the media and the Romney campaign, a source close to the situation told Radar.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/10/president-obama-sold-cocaine-college-trump-charges-republicans-reject

this is the kind of stuff that will be the books written about BO
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #579 on: October 24, 2012, 11:07:25 AM »
BO is trending a bit higher ($5.65) on Intrade this morning but I still expect him to be at or below $5 by next Monday.