Author Topic: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition  (Read 90815 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition
« Reply #580 on: October 24, 2012, 11:43:09 AM »
Romney people ran from this story, which I can understand, but it doesn't mean the story doesn't sound credible, I mean we are talking about Capt. Choom here...

A man claiming to be a close pal to President Obama during college made contact with Republican operatives recently, ready to go public with claims that Obama used and sold cocaine in college, RadarOnline.com is reporting exclusively.

The operatives tried to spread the story through the media and the Romney campaign, a source close to the situation told Radar.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/10/president-obama-sold-cocaine-college-trump-charges-republicans-reject

this is the kind of stuff that will be the books written about BO

Yeah.  Too bad for me though if I hear them say "Dang, I didn't know that about Obama until I read ______!" and I pop them one!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #581 on: October 24, 2012, 12:34:12 PM »
Poll trivia:

Rassmussen has Romney leading in New Hampshire 50-48 among 500 likely voters. The poll was conducted the day after the last debate. I think you can stick a fork in this one.

Also from Rassmussen:

Swing state tracking has Romney up 50-45. The state included in this poll are Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin. Romney has enjoyed a lead in this poll for four of the last five days and has had a modest lead for 13 of the last 16 days. This is a seven day rolling average and the last day included was taken the evening of the debate before the debate had concluded. This is a very good trend. I look for it to improve modestly by the weekend because of BO's un-likeability displayed at the last debate.

National tracking has Romney up 50-46. These are likely voters and the poll is more or less mirroring the swing state poll.

Ohio is tied at 48-48. This is not good news for BO. The undecideds will break for the challenger. They always do.

Gallup has Romney's lead narrowing to three points with a 50-47 poll. This will be seen and heralded as "great" news for BO. This is where I thought this poll should be all along and you will notice that it is now more or less in line with Rassmussen. The truth is that BO is way south of 50% and at this point that is very, very bad news. The few undecideds will break for the challenger. They always do.

Plus everywhere you look (pick a poll) Romney is leading with independents. Usually by double digits. This is very, very bad news for BO.

Oh, and currently there is a zero gender gap. Romney's advantage with men cancels out BO's advantage with women. So...war on women is a whiff. Millions of dollars spent marketing utter nonsense has not paid off. There is a possibility that Romney will close up his gap with women...there is zero chance for BO to do the same with men.

I feel very, very good. My state (CO) is almost certainly going to go back into the red state status. I think that Romney is going to win. I think he is going to win big (defined as 300+ electoral votes). This time four years ago I was dismayed with the election. I knew that McDud was going to lose. This time I feel great. I know that BO is going to lose. Probably the best part of this season (at this time) is that BO knows he is going to lose...look at his last donation plea...and his minions are beginning to sense it...they can smell the flop sweat. I look for abject panic to set in next week in many of the news outlets. This is going to be fun.

Footnote: Has Romney led a negative campaign? Maybe with video ads in swing states to counteract what BO is putting out. But the way the debates went you cannot say that Romney went negative. He pointed out the problems with President Downgrade's policies and his record but that's pretty much it. Romney won the debate war by looking presidential, in control, confident and calm which was in direct contrast to BO who, after the somnolence of his first debate performance, was angry and nasty. Could this then be the first campaign where a negative campaign did not win? What will history say about this campaign?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 12:40:06 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #582 on: October 24, 2012, 01:08:58 PM »
I don't think Romney hasn't been negative except as you said to counter BO. And even then conservatives have complained he hasn't been tough enough.  Romney's admonishing BO that attacking him isn't a plan for the future is spot on. I think people are seeing that.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #583 on: October 24, 2012, 05:41:15 PM »
As I watch Romney move forward in his own fashion, I think of how vehemently I and people like me opposed him as the nominee.

Just the fact that he has done this his way and appears to be succeeding gives us an indication that he was right, and I was wrong.

By running this campaign how he has - against the wishes of all of us who "knew better" - he will emerge from ths campaign with a true presidential mandate, should he win, of course.

He will almost certainly remind the American people what a real president with a real mandate can accomplish. And should he govern as he has campaigned, he could be more Reaganesque than we dare hope.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #584 on: October 24, 2012, 05:45:30 PM »
... he could be more Reaganesque than we dare hope.

That's what I'm hoping for, but .....

Time enough for all that after the election.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #585 on: October 24, 2012, 06:58:34 PM »

He will do well; however, we will soon be dissatisfied with some of his concessions.

And don't forget, we will have a recession and interest rates are going up up.
Oh, yeah, there's a good chance the printing presses will stop. 
As the nurse says, this'll be a little sting.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #586 on: October 24, 2012, 07:05:28 PM »

He will do well; however, we will soon be dissatisfied with some of his concessions.

And don't forget, we will have a recession and interest rates are going up up.
Oh, yeah, there's a good chance the printing presses will stop. 
As the nurse says, this'll be a little sting.

The sting will end.The way were going it's an endless Cinese water torture.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

RickZ

« Reply #587 on: October 25, 2012, 04:08:10 AM »
By running this campaign how he has - against the wishes of all of us who "knew better" - he will emerge from ths campaign with a true presidential mandate, should he win, of course.

I was channel surfing and happened to catch the rerun (that's 4 o'dark thirty) of O'Really and heard the Dennis Miller segment where he made a comment about this.  Miller said that he wasn't a Romney guy back during the primaries.  He said he thanks Newt Gingrich and Rick Perry for getting under Romney's skin during those primary debates, thereby innoculating him from the barbed jabs of Owebama and the media now.  He then went on to say that he was like a lot of us in that he wanted Romney to hit Owebama hard on Libya and foreign policy failures, to hammer him.  But in thinking it over, he's come to the conclusion that Romney knows what he's doing because he knows how to be Mitt Romney better than anyone else.  Miller agreed that Romney was much more presidential, while Owebama was something negative I can't remember, worse than an anklebiter, though.  But yeah, a lot of people are (grudgingly?) coming to your conclusion that he's running a solid campaign because he knows how to be Mitt Romney -- and he approves that message.  No one seems too upset about this development.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 05:00:41 AM by RickZ »

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #588 on: October 25, 2012, 04:41:52 AM »
BO is trending a bit higher ($5.65) on Intrade this morning but I still expect him to be at or below $5 by next Monday.

If the shoe drops on Benghazigate, it's over for BO on Intrade.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #589 on: October 25, 2012, 07:52:16 AM »
I was not a Romney backer at all and I'm sure he will infuriate me if he attempts to merge what he did in Mass with " the good parts" of obamacare.

But there's something to be said about a man committed to his convictions. Many of my friends refer to it as "he is comfortable with ( or within) himself". In effect, I've become comfortable supporting him.

I didn't think I knew mitt Romney. The problem wasn't his, it was because I didn't invest the time to know him.I also believe it is the reason why obummer spent resources  convincing americans that " this isn't mitt Romney". Now I know why. Obummer isn't just the polar opposite in regards to policy, but the polar opposite as a person. Obummer knows it and Romney has done a masterful job allowing Obama to prove it. In retrospect, it leaves a sweet, lingering taste, much better that the brief satisfaction of blistering Obama in a debate.

Most politicians have a phony side, easily manipulated by the left because they themselves are never brought under tremendous scrutiny. Romney simply hadn't played the game. He is comfortable with himself.  What he has done is written a new set of rules in how to deal with liberals and the young guns within the party appear to be learning this lesson.

S o mitt Romney has my support.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #590 on: October 25, 2012, 09:26:29 AM »
Apparently, though, this is the moderate candidate that all of the experts have been saying we need to run for all these years because it looks like he is going to win. Of course, it could also have something to do with him running against a SCOAMF.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #591 on: October 25, 2012, 11:58:42 AM »
Apparently, though, this is the moderate candidate that all of the experts have been saying we need to run for all these years because it looks like he is going to win. Of course, it could also have something to do with him running against a SCOAMF.

::thumbsup::

Romney will no doubt face the Reagan/Bush test, Reagan passed muster, Bush tacked away from Reagan and fibbed on taxes, we'll see if Mitt goes Reagan or Bush.

I think the nation has an Obama hangover, or fatigue, or whatever you want to call it.  The momentum is away from Obama and to Romney, the greater the size of the win in electoral votes the greater likelihood of the coattail effect and a stronger mandate to undo the Obama destruction.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #592 on: October 26, 2012, 10:30:35 PM »
I admit it. I am new here. As such, I sometimes do not understand the abbreviations. Can someone help me with "SCOAMF?"
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #593 on: October 26, 2012, 10:37:38 PM »
Stuttering Clusterfck of a Miserable Failure.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #594 on: October 26, 2012, 11:03:14 PM »
The label did not originate with me, of course. It's been going on for a long time in a lot of places...

« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 11:10:07 PM by trapeze »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #595 on: October 26, 2012, 11:18:03 PM »
Hey, might as well put this out there...get it on the record...

When BO loses the election he WILL be thrown under the bus by everyone on the left. It will happen big and it will happen fast. And it's because the left will never accept that it's the ideology that was rejected by the majority of voters. No. That would never do. So, instead they will sacrifice the messenger. Or in this case, the Lightbringer. He must have been the reason. Which is true, too. But they will sacrifice him so they can assuage their minds of the larger truth.

Wait for it. It's going to happen. And then it will be four years of "Just wait 'till 2016! HRC all the way!"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #596 on: October 27, 2012, 01:39:43 AM »
A couple of notes:

1) Nate Silver is either a genius who knows something that the polls aren't indicating or he is a complete fool who is doubling down on his foolishness by saying that, as of today, BO is still a 70% favorite to be reelected.

2) There are a lot of people at Intrade who are totally buying Silver's story because they have traded back up the price on BO to $6.39

I guess that for some people it will always be 2008.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 03:19:09 AM by trapeze »

RickZ

« Reply #597 on: October 27, 2012, 02:12:06 AM »
I guess that for some people it will always be 2008 1917.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #598 on: October 27, 2012, 02:35:06 AM »
Some nostalgia for your weekend. Something to remind you of just how far the once mighty have fallen.

Ah, those were the days...when BO's epic fail was not yet fully realized and the dimwitted were ever so eager to pledge their very souls to their benighted savior. Funny how only three or four of these morons were still gullible enough to show up on stage at the Democrat convention.

I wonder why Demi and her sidekick Ashton couldn't get any A list celebs to participate in this debacle? I mean seriously, where's Matt Damon? Where's Alec Baldwin? Where's Michael Moore? Susan Sarandon? Liv Tyler? Helen Hunt? (in case you were wondering, I am listing off members of the Film Actors Guild* from "Team America") Janeane Garofalo? Tim Robbins? Samuel L. Jackson? George Clooney? What, were they busy or something?

(An Oprah produced video.)

EDIT: And now the enhanced for clarity transcript of the above video courtesy of this site...

Courtney Cox and her husband, what's-his-name: I pledge.

Demi Moore: I pledge.

Cameron Diaz: Me pledge too!!

Courtney Cox: To end hunger in America.

Mr. Courtney Cox: By ordering smaller endive portions from craft services.

Some guy with baseball cap that I guess I'm supposed to know: I pledge.

Stringy-haired Manson girl with creepy gray eyes: I pledge.

Demi Moore: Too-ooo-oo smile more.

Eva Longoria: To laugh more! (who's laughing now, scrunt?)

Can't quite place her, but think I maybe saw her on a cosmetics commercial once: [intense glare] to LOVE more.

Black Eyed Peas guy: I pledge.

Evita Lopez or Chiquita Gonzalez or something like that: To help children battle with serious illnesses -- by standing here on the far right side of the frame.

Beats the hell outta me: Or here, on the left side of the frame.

Cameron Diaz: Me plemdge.

Nicole Richie: To give up food all together.

Possibly that red-haired chick from Spiderman: To be a great mother.

Some d-bag from that emo band, "Fallout Charlotte" or something, that my daughter was into when she was 11: To be a great father.

Demi Moore: To hire only the best nannies... because all of our children deserve a good nanny.

Lucy Liu: To continue working to support raising awareness as a voice for UNICEF and their international nanny awareness programs.

That witch show chick that used to be on the Tony Danza sitcom: To volunteer my voice coach to give a voice to those who have no voice, so they can have a voice.

Vaguely familiar black chick: I pledge.

Hey wait a minute... is this the redhead who was the Spiderman chick? Now I'm confused: I pledge.

Michael Strahan: To consider myself an American -- not a gap-toothed-American.

Ashton Kutcher: To ALWAYS represent my country with total ******* pride and dignity and ****, broheim!!

Come on, I'm really supposed to know this guy? Really?: to go to RaisingServiceAwarenessForTheVoicelessChildren.com.

Okay, I'm going to take a wild stab and say it's that chubby Korean guy from Mad TV: To find a service project that I'm just as passionate about as the mousse product for my faux-hawk.

Totally-wasted-on-heroin guy from the Red Hot Chili Peppers: I... uhhh.... ihhh... ahhhh... monkey funky like da junky...

Jason Bateman: I plehhhhdge... to fondle this microphone in a whimsically provocative manner.

Mr. Haney from Green Acres: To never give anyone the finger when I'm driving again. I will instead moon them, with my frightening elderly haunches.

'Greg and Darma' chick with scary feral baby: To save water, by never bathing my child.

Underwear model: I pledge.

I think it's that Spunky Winkerbean chick, the one who had a boob reduction: I pledge.

Brain-fried Chili Peppers guy: To caaaare? For? America's elderly?
Pockmarked guy in Urban Outfitters T-shirt: To make sure America's senior citizens have access to free healthcare and iPods and ringtone downloads.

Spunky Winkerbean: So that our next generation's USB memories will not be forgotten.

Eva Longoria: Now I'm pledging here on the other side of the frame!

Absolutely no clue who this is, whatsoever: To bring awareness to mental disease, like I am doing right now.

Weirdly bloated lips chick: To advance research into stem cells, collagen, and Botox.

Huh? Maybe I'm just getting too old but this is another guy who simply isn't ringing a bell: To spread the awareness of autism -- by becoming autistic.

Natalie Portman, I think, possibly after a weekend oxycontin bender: I pledge...

Michael Strahan: ... to give more love to strangers. Lots and lots of strangers.

Maniac English guy in leather coat: To MEET my NEIGHBORS. Whether they LIKE it or NOT.

Mad TV Korean guy again: Find out their names.

Cameron Diaz: Me make smile for thems.

I'm gonna say... she was in one of those 'High School Musicals' or something?: I'm going to ask how I can be of service to them, by ridding their home of subversive materials.

That creepy-eyed redhead from Desperate Housewives: I pledge.

Oh fer crissakes, you're telling me this guy is famous? Seriously?: I pledge.

Whoever came up with this ad sure had a hard-on for redheads: To be a better mentor to my younger sisters.

I think this guy was in an episode of one of those crime autopsy shows: to be a mentor for Big Brothers.

Another redhead? Okay, I'm pretty sure we have a psychopath director on our hands: I pledge.

Mrs. Tom Hanks: To reduce my use of plastic, and raise the awareness of mentors of the voiceless.

That vaguely familiar Hispanic chick from earlier: By starting with the lowering of plastic awareness.

Eva Longoria: To tell my gardening staff to plant 500 trees this year while Tony and I are at our house in Majorca.

Man, that Rene Zellweger has really let herself go: To not use plastic bags at the food store.

Kinda half-Asian looking guy, maybe from one of those doctor shows my mom watches: To consume less. Except movies and TV, obviously.

Cameron Diaz: So we am on this planet. Like, forever. Totally.

Jason Bateman, apparently after a snorting few lines in the trailer: For the environment I pledge to flush only after a 'deuce,' and only then after mentoring and raising awareness of my 'deuce.'

Courtney Cox: I pledge.

Mr. Courtney Cox: You pledge! We pledge! Haha! Let's giggle whimsically!

Po Diddley or Poof Puppy or whatever: I pledge to turn off the damn lights in both my Gulfstreams. I'ma turn the lights off the off, so you turna lights off, *****.

Okay, now I'm officially creeped out, a turkey-neck grandma redhead: I pledge.

Another emo music d-bag in a jaunty thrift shop straw chapeau: I pledge to sell my obnoxious car and buy a hybrid. I also pledge to make sure the person who buys my old obnoxious car promises to never ever drive it.

George Lopez: To drive slower, lower, and only hit the hydraulic switches when absolutely necessary.

Rough-looking Rene Zellweger again: I pledge to volunteer my time...

Absolutely no idea guy again: ...to emphasize the importance raising the awareness of finding mentors to promote voices to speak out for arts education mentoring in our schools.

Bald head black dude: To promote a culture of awareness of mentoring for the education of awareness of reduction of ignorance.

Kinda hot, I'm thinking Penthouse July '89: I pledge.

Okay, now I think I remember - this is that blonde chick from My Name is Chuck, except she seems pissed off about something: to help children understand that even though they come from a uterus, it doesn't mean they can't move on to bigger things. Like working to mentor awareness of the voices.

The raspy voice Hindu terrorist lady from 24: I plidge.

Stumped again. But she's obviously had some work done: To work to make good the 200 year old promise to end slavery.

Ashton Kutcher: to ban slaveholders from ALL of my pool parties. Forever.

Demi Moore: To free one million people from slavery over the next five years, no matter how many strongly worded letters it will take my personal assistant to write.

High School Musical chick again: to fight?

Oh come on, this is a practical joke, right? It's an episode of Punk'd, and Kutcher picked a bunch of random hipster people out of a Santa Monica coffee house to play a part in some sort of elaborate prank to see how many people he could fool into thinking they were actually celebrities: To become aware.

Cameron Diaz: To ebgucate.

Another prank "celebrity" (haha, nice try Kutcher): to not give up.

baseball hat guy: to defend...

Needs to seriously work on her hair part: ...the issues I care about.

Red Hot Chili Peppers guy, after shotgunning a couple more bowls of crack since his last pledge: Ihhh pllplegdge to beema sermice to Obrack Bobomba [French kisses own armpits].

First redhead: I pledge.

Black Eyed Peas guy: To change the way I live. No, wait a minute. Not me, you.

The Batman guy who was a good guy but became half-melted-face villain at the end to set up another sequel: To be a better person, no matter how impossibly ambitious that goal might be.

Creepy-eyed Squeaky Fromm lookalike again: To never stop learning and growing, even if I become a 60 foot tall brain scientist. Every day.

Nicole Richie: Every day. Except the growing big part.

Sheryl Crowe's stunt double: I pledge to commit to my own change before I ask others to change. Unless these self-changings I am pledging to commit include making other people change first. In that case I will obviously have to make these other people change also, as part of a package-type change deal.

Gesticulating baseball hat guy: To be the change.

Demi Moore: To be the change.

Marisa Tomei: To integrate into my heart what I already know in my head -- Which is that, we are all inside my cardiovascular nervous system together.

Piff Pappy: Imagine what could happen next. Imagine or DIE.

Batman melted face guy: What's your pledge?

Collagen lips: What's your pledge?

Ashton Kutcher: Iknowyagottapledge, Iknowyagottapledge, Iknowyagottapledge, Iknowyagottapledge, Iknowyagottapledge, Iknowyagottapledge, Iknowyagottapledge, Iknowyagotta...

I bet this guy himself doesn't knows who he is: Gotta pledge?

Another redhead who is likely filing a restraining order against the director as we speak: What's your pledge?

Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher: I PLEDGE...

Demi Moore: ...to be a servant to our president...

Ashton Kutcher: ...and provide him with whatever portion of my precious bodily fluids he may need to save all mankind...

[Pan back to an infinite Brady Bunch / Hollywood Squares splitscreen]

All celebrities chant together:

TOGETHER WE CAN
TOGETHER WE CAN OBEY
DIVIDED WE ARE INSIGNIFICANT
BUT TOGETHER WE CAN BE A MOLECULE
ON OUR PRESIDENT'S CHEEKBONE
FADING AND MELTING AND SHRINKING
INTO THE ONE UNIVERSAL GLORY OF HIM
OBEY
OBEY
OBEY

[Fadeout; cue FBI piracy warning]

« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 03:20:59 AM by trapeze »

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #599 on: October 27, 2012, 09:01:44 AM »
I tried to watch the entire video...I couldn't. The only thing this asshats can't pledge is to give up some of thier brain matter...because they have none.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.