Author Topic: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition  (Read 90853 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition
« Reply #620 on: October 29, 2012, 08:22:54 AM »
Like the metrosexual grifter he is, with Owebama, it's all about the O!

Now more than ever!

Things must be really going great in the BO campaign when you have to resort to stupid things like this! I have to wonder which of his inner circle thought up this brilliant and innovative idea?! I'll bet that the Romney team wishes that they had thought of it first! Someone's getting a bonus with their check this week for sure!

President Barack Obama's campaign slogan is getting a boost!

Obama's campaign added an exclamation point to placards and banners bearing the campaign's motto. Instead of a stoic period at the end of the single-word slogan, the signs now read "Forward!"

Now the can say, "Big bird!"

Or, "Binders!"

Maybe soon they will adopt the lyrics from the Team America theme song, "America, f**k yeah!"

I can't believe the obummer administration restrained themselves. I mean two (!!) would have been twice as effective!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #621 on: October 29, 2012, 08:37:41 AM »
Ah, the sweet smell of desperation

Using children to sing about oceans of oil and lots of Chinese stuff, and no mention of the debt..

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #622 on: October 29, 2012, 08:58:53 AM »
The children in that video are creepy. The image that immediately jumped to my mind was of the children in the 1960 film, "Village of the Damned."

« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 09:01:58 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #623 on: October 29, 2012, 11:29:58 AM »
Made me think of Hitler Youth!

::speechless::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #624 on: October 29, 2012, 11:42:29 AM »
Ah, the sweet smell of desperation

Using children to sing about oceans of oil and lots of Chinese stuff, and no mention of the debt..

I liked this:

Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Castro, Ho Chi Minh, Obama: all used the children like this. I’ve seen it first hand in Vietnam. You may ask, “Where are the parents?”, they are either just as bad or too afraid to speak up. They just want to live and hope all this will go away. Seventy years ago, there was a free, God fearing and moral country that would make it go away, but America is no longer that country for reasons all too obvious. Barring a booming voice from the heavens, we will never again be that country. So hunker down in your redoubts and gird your loins for the long fight.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ~ Voltaire

SpiderMike on October 28, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #625 on: October 29, 2012, 11:46:52 AM »
"they are either just as bad or too afraid to speak up"

::outrage::   ::cussing::   ::angry::   ::cussing::   ::gaah::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #626 on: October 29, 2012, 01:11:50 PM »

Several questions came up at press conference whether the prez is going to change/extend the election dates for the
east coast.

We can't allow a hurricane to steal an election can we?

hemm

« Reply #627 on: October 29, 2012, 02:00:34 PM »
The children in that video are creepy. The image that immediately jumped to my mind was of the children in the 1960 film, "Village of the Damned."

Only thing creepier is being drunk on German bier, new to Germany, seeing this in German, and understanding......every. single. word.

Ja, das bier war sehr gut.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #628 on: October 29, 2012, 02:11:59 PM »

Several questions came up at press conference whether the prez is going to change/extend the election dates for the
east coast.

We can't allow a hurricane to steal an election can we?

That has been my fear.  That the media will gin up a crisis over how the northeast states, the bluest of blue, need more time to vote and if you disagree you are callous to victims of a hurricane. In reality it would have nothing to do with storm victims and everything to do with giving the Democrat fraud machine more time and a more accurate target to aim for in order to successfully steal the election.

I put absolutely nothing past these people.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #629 on: October 29, 2012, 02:43:23 PM »
The libiots will be risking riots and killing if elections are extended beyond established constitutional bounds!   ::outrage::   ::angry::   ::cussing::   ::gaah::

::rockets::   ::laserkill::   machinegun   ::overkill::   ::guillotine::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
When you've lost Oliver Stone...
« Reply #630 on: October 29, 2012, 02:55:13 PM »
Of course, the reason Obama has lost Ollie's love is because he's governed as a war-mongering anti-progressive. But whatever. Anything that will cause Democrats to turn against this piece of scat, I'll gladly take it.

Oliver Stone's new book rips President Obama
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #631 on: October 29, 2012, 07:20:14 PM »
Yeah, could care less about that pompous revisionist bungwad, but seeing one libiot attack another is as close to arming imbeciles and watching them hurt themselves and each other as we can get...for now.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #632 on: October 29, 2012, 09:41:19 PM »
That has been my fear.  That the media will gin up a crisis over how the northeast states, the bluest of blue, need more time to vote and if you disagree you are callous to victims of a hurricane. In reality it would have nothing to do with storm victims and everything to do with giving the Democrat fraud machine more time and a more accurate target to aim for in order to successfully steal the election.

I put absolutely nothing past these people.

I am having a hard time seeing a downside for the Republicans in your scenario.

These are, after all, blue states. They will, with the possible exception of NH, go for BO. Or not. But what does it matter?

Let's say that for some reason these states can't vote by election day. And let's also say that Romney wins 270+ electoral votes on Nov. 6th. What possible difference does it make if NY, RI, CT, VT, ME, etc. haven't been able to hold a successful vote tally? Romney wins 270+ without them.

I mean seriously, what are the Democrats going to say? That if only these states had gotten to vote then BO's margin of defeat wouldn't be as much? Or are we supposed to believe that somehow if only these states had gotten to vote and had, as expected, voted for BO then they might have somehow (mysteriously) had some kind of an influencing effect on the states that went for Romney?

And if Romney somehow doesn't get to 270, the only state in the region that might go for him (NH) is only capable of giving him 4 votes. If that number would have pushed him over the top then I can see where MAYBE there is some cause for concern. Otherwise, no.

Here is the thing...We aren't going to get Maryland. We aren't going to get Massachusetts. Or New York. In fact, I'll even concede them right now. They count for BO...I'll give them to him. If this election breaks for Romney the way that I think it will then none of these liberal wonderlands will matter. Not at all.

Okay, maybe NJ might be a surprise Romney pick up because, hey, Chris Christie. But I doubt it.

I personally hope that the election takes place as scheduled in the entire country. And if there is no power in NY or some other states well, hey, we somehow managed to vote without electricity for over a hundred years and I think that we could probably figure that one out. And if, through Democrat chicanery the dead vote, etc. then who cares? They were going to go for BO anyway.

Now if we are talking House races then maybe there is a legitimate concern there. Maybe the CT senate race or the MA senate race is a concern, too. But not the presidential race. I just don't see it.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #633 on: October 29, 2012, 09:57:11 PM »
I'm tempted to start a new thread for this but screw it.

We are now down to one week before election eve.

It's time to commit to some predictions.

I'm not going to say which predictions you should make. As far as I'm concerned, this is an opportunity for anyone and everyone to go on record for fun. Which, given the direction of the campaign momentum, should be fun...for us anyway.

So...here are some predictions from me:

I think that Romney is going to win with a 52-48 popular vote margin.

I think that Romney is going to win something more than 300 electoral votes but probably not more than 325. I know that I should go to the map (and maybe I will later) and put down a precise number but I'm too lazy to do that right now.

I think that we will probably narrowly miss regaining control of the Senate. I think that we will have 49 senators. I don't see any Democrats flipping after the election, either. The moderates are no more.

I see us picking up perhaps 6 or 8 more representatives.

I see us picking up another 3 or 4 governorships.

I see BO getting a lower percentage of the black vote than he did in 2008. I think that somewhere on the web (maybe here but I can't find it) I previously predicted that BO will get 86% of the black vote and I think that I will stay with that.

I am not sure what BO's share of the Latino vote was in 2008 but I will say that he will get 6 points less of them.

I think that Romney will carry the independent vote by 12 points.

I think that the female vote will be a draw. Romney should carry the male vote by something like ten or twelve points.

That's it for now. I can't think of anything else to take a shot at but some of you will probably come up with a few more...by all means, predict away.

I hope that I am mostly right.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #634 on: October 29, 2012, 10:03:50 PM »

He will win as big as Reagan or bigger.

and

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,6311.msg70855.html#msg70855
Black vote: 88%
Hispanic vote: 69%
White vote: 32%

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #635 on: October 29, 2012, 10:08:48 PM »
Getting back to the hurricane thoughts...

Just turned on FNC and one thing that you can probably say with certainty about this storm is that it has changed the subject for at least the next 48 hours.

That is a two edged sword. On the one side you have BO not getting hammered over Libya for a couple of days. But looking at the flip side it also means that BO will not be able to tar Romney with any more of his baseless attacks.

And it will probably stop or severely limit the MFM's pro BO coverage for at least two days but probably more like three or four. So that's kind of good.

If there are rain or power issues in OH that might be a problem for the election. Ditto for any of the right leaning states in the midwest. But I still don't see the Democrats being able to do much outside of the states that they don't own outright.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #636 on: October 29, 2012, 10:11:53 PM »
Thanks for the link, Charles. There was my black vote prediction...

This is as good a topic as any for a pool.

I say he gets 91% of the black vote.

Tie breaker is percentage of the mexican vote. I say he gets 78% of it.

So, I am currently thinking it will be even worse for BO now than I did back then. I wonder which "me" will be right?

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #637 on: October 29, 2012, 10:40:01 PM »
I believe BO wins 17 states. Romney gets 55 percent of the vote. Obummer gets 85 percent of what blacks vote. Hispanics will be 35 percent Romney.romney 2 percent better with women.Romney 58 percent of male vote. All the key states fall to Romney.

There are riots in NYC, Detroit, Chicago, San Fran, Miami, LA, and washington dc.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #638 on: October 29, 2012, 11:05:58 PM »
I am having a hard time seeing a downside for the Republicans in your scenario.

These are, after all, blue states. They will, with the possible exception of NH, go for BO. Or not. But what does it matter?

Let's say that for some reason these states can't vote by election day. And let's also say that Romney wins 270+ electoral votes on Nov. 6th. What possible difference does it make if NY, RI, CT, VT, ME, etc. haven't been able to hold a successful vote tally? Romney wins 270+ without them.

You're right about all those states.  The one that concerned me is PA.  There are some things suggesting it could be in play this year.  That is probably wishful thinking, since PA has been a flirt for the GOP before.  Given the nature of this regime, I just always assume diabolical designs in any given situation.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #639 on: October 29, 2012, 11:13:56 PM »
Well, as long as the polls are open you can count on one thing: Republicans will go to them regardless of conditions. It's a historical/statistical fact. Democrats will stay home during inclement weather or pretty much any condition south of a warm, sunny day.

So...if the polls are open and conditions are less than optimal in any way it's good for us.