Author Topic: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition  (Read 90936 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition
« Reply #680 on: November 03, 2012, 03:59:30 PM »
    As is often the case when he goes off-teleprompter, at a campaign stop in Ohio today, Obama revealed a side of himself we haven’t seen since Hurricane Sandy gave him the opportunity to play The American President for a few days. The old Divider-In-Chief returned with a vengeance when in the middle of an attack on Mitt Romney he told a crowd at a campaign rally to stop booing and, ” Vote! Voting’s the best revenge!”

What he obviously meant was that voting is the best revenge against Mitt Romney.

What kind of divisive, ugly rhetoric is this coming from a sitting president? It’s easy to sympathize with the fact that Obama’s record gives few reasons for anyone to vote for him; and that for that reason, he’s been forced to attempt to destroy his opponent with a half-billion dollars in negative ads — but now the President of the United States is publicly telling a crowd of Americans to vote for revenge. And not just revenge, but revenge against another American.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/11/03/romney-vote-for-love-of-country-not-revenge/

This is precisely what resonates with these people -- those who have been awarded phones, food, housing, schools, medical care and affirmative action -- but it's not just revenge against Romney; it's revenge against all of us who resist their totalitarianism, who refuse to be looted any further, who have and are going to vote against their vengeful tendencies.

ENOUGH.

His talking like that causes others to chide him and say:

He wont dat riot.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #681 on: November 03, 2012, 08:26:17 PM »
Just sayin...

:D

charlesoakwood

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #683 on: November 04, 2012, 01:40:48 AM »
Okay...some rather detailed polling analysis theory that throws quite a bit of cold water on Nate Silver's "538 model."

We can't know until Election Day who is right. I stand by my view that Obama is losing independent voters decisively, because the national and state polls both support that thesis. I stand by my view that Republican turnout will be up significantly from recent-historic lows in 2008 in the key swing states (Ohio, Wisconsin, Colorado) and nationally, because the post-2008 elections, the party registration data, the early-voting and absentee-ballot numbers, and the Rasmussen and Gallup national party-ID surveys (both of which have solid track records) all point to this conclusion. I stand by my view that no countervailing evidence outside of poll samples shows a similar surge above 2008 levels in Democratic voter turnout, as would be needed to offset Romney's advantage with independents and increased GOP voter turnout. And I stand by the view that a mechanical reading of polling averages is an inadequate basis to project an event unprecedented in American history: the re-election of a sitting president without a clear-cut victory in the national popular vote.

Perhaps, despite the paucity of evidence to the contrary, these assumptions are wrong. But if they are correct, no mathematical model can provide a convincing explanation of how Obama is going to win re-election. He remains toast.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #684 on: November 05, 2012, 07:10:42 AM »
Okay...some rather detailed polling analysis theory that throws quite a bit of cold water on Nate Silver's "538 model."

We can't know until Election Day who is right. I stand by my view that Obama is losing independent voters decisively, because the national and state polls both support that thesis. I stand by my view that Republican turnout will be up significantly from recent-historic lows in 2008 in the key swing states (Ohio, Wisconsin, Colorado) and nationally, because the post-2008 elections, the party registration data, the early-voting and absentee-ballot numbers, and the Rasmussen and Gallup national party-ID surveys (both of which have solid track records) all point to this conclusion. I stand by my view that no countervailing evidence outside of poll samples shows a similar surge above 2008 levels in Democratic voter turnout, as would be needed to offset Romney's advantage with independents and increased GOP voter turnout. And I stand by the view that a mechanical reading of polling averages is an inadequate basis to project an event unprecedented in American history: the re-election of a sitting president without a clear-cut victory in the national popular vote.

Perhaps, despite the paucity of evidence to the contrary, these assumptions are wrong. But if they are correct, no mathematical model can provide a convincing explanation of how Obama is going to win re-election. He remains toast.

Mathematics can be overcome through widespread fraud, cheating, intimidation and the media calling states for Obama before polls even close.

IMO only massive fraud and Democrat-Media Complex corruption can steal a Romney win...and if Romney prevails in a dominating electoral fashion (as he should) the only other way Obama can stay in power is through assuming dictatorial power.

The rallies for Mitt are enormous, the rallies for Stymie are pathetic, and even the tardlings are having a hard time drumming up support, the million moron march missed by about a million!

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2012/11/04/lame-million-puppet-march-draws-hundreds

::hysterical::

The Mitt-mentum is surging, Obama has nothing...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #685 on: November 05, 2012, 11:58:13 AM »
Heckler pounced on in Cincy -

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/11/wow-what-a-freak-show-heckler-totally-hijacks-obama-rally-gets-dragged-out-by-police-video/

"Get his ass!"

Yes, we can, tomorrow Obama's ass be got!   ::whoohoo::   ::asskicking::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #689 on: November 05, 2012, 05:02:34 PM »
Joe Biden Makes Campaign Stop in Rushville… MASSIVE Tractor Protest Breaks Out!

What? They were not bussed in?

Right?  I mean, really now .........

Grassroots convoys are so, so pedestrian ...

Coulda took care of half of our countries issues if we had a few rogue tractors.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #690 on: November 05, 2012, 05:32:01 PM »
Shows what rural folks can do WITHOUT government help. ::bustamove::

My only problem is how many of those farmers have government subsidies from the USDA?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #691 on: November 05, 2012, 05:36:41 PM »
Shows what rural folks can do WITHOUT government help. ::bustamove::

My only problem is how many of those farmers have government subsidies from the USDA?

Indeed.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #692 on: November 05, 2012, 05:44:03 PM »

Imagining if relieved from regulation they would have little
need of subsidies.  

They should be weened from subsidies and protected from corporatism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #693 on: November 05, 2012, 06:00:02 PM »

Imagining if relieved from regulation they would have little
need of subsidies.  

They should be weened from subsidies and protected from corporatism.

Weaning is about the only way to do it. Grassley & Co. have done a great job addicting agriculture to the government teat. Convincing them that they (and the country) will be better off without the guaranteed flow of nanny's milk will not be an easy thing to do.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #694 on: November 05, 2012, 08:39:29 PM »
Gotta peel the bandage off quick, and quickly slash the bureaucracy & its nefarious regulation, soon enough they should realize they are better off.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #695 on: November 06, 2012, 01:41:57 AM »

From Ace:

As Romney says: Forewarned.

What a dick move. It's such a dick move that a half hour ago, before I read this report, I was just thinking Romney should do it himself.

Thor explains that Obama will trust in the media to carry his message of Complete and Total Domination In the Vote in order to keep conservatives, Tea Partiers, and America-loving libertarians home.

Forewarned.

Remember:

Continue reading

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #696 on: November 06, 2012, 06:29:24 AM »

From Ace:

As Romney says: Forewarned.

What a dick move. It's such a dick move that a half hour ago, before I read this report, I was just thinking Romney should do it himself.

Thor explains that Obama will trust in the media to carry his message of Complete and Total Domination In the Vote in order to keep conservatives, Tea Partiers, and America-loving libertarians home.

Forewarned.

Remember:

Continue reading

CO, wouldn't surprise me in the least because obummer is in trouble. I just watched Fox show Biden vote......and while he had a few shake his hand, just as many had that " look" on their face of " leave me alone" .  Obama knows this and every dirty trick will be on the table.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #697 on: November 06, 2012, 08:24:58 AM »
Yeah, I can't put anything past the POSOTUS, but that would definitely get the rioting started...

It's OK, I can handle that...I doubt they can though...

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #698 on: November 06, 2012, 11:27:24 AM »
I just watched Fox show Biden vote.....just as many had that " look" on their face of " leave me alone" . 

Damn. A Kodak moment and I bet we NEVER see it in the media.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #699 on: November 06, 2012, 01:13:23 PM »
I just watched Fox show Biden vote.....just as many had that " look" on their face of " leave me alone" . 

Damn. A Kodak moment and I bet we NEVER see it in the media.

Aw hell, I look just like that every time I go to my polling place, outside at least.  The Dems set up as close to the door as they're legally allowed, with their Democrat candidate signs, and call out "good afternoon".  This year, what ran through my mind every time is Weisshaupt's exposition on what totalitarians they really are, so it's all I can do not to call back "eff you".  I just give 'em my grim face instead.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"