Author Topic: Valerie Jarrett: Purpose of gov't is "to give people a livelihood"  (Read 1190 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Valerie Jarrett: Purpose of gov't is "to give people a livelihood"
« on: September 29, 2011, 10:10:59 AM »
There is no accompanying text at theblaze.com, so I don't know the audience to whom she speaks. But they appear to be all Black.

Partial transcript mine:

The quote is, "We have to give people a livelihood so they can provide for their families... And I think his [Obama's] is a moral vision, it's a vision based very deeply in values, and taking care of the "least of these". And making sure that we are creating a country that's a country for everybody, not just for the very very wealthy, working very hard to lift people up out of poverty and give them a better life, a footing, and that's what government is supposed to do."

Obama’s Senior Advisor Valerie Jarrett: The Point of Government Is to Give People a Livelihood so They Can Provide for Their Families
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Re: Valerie Jarrett: Purpose of gov't is "to give people a livelihood"
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 10:47:09 AM »
Wrong, you ignorant slut.

First, Val's initial premise is all wrong. The purpose of government was to provide for the common defense, and remove barriers to free trade between the states. Every governmental enterprise beyond that has become an abomination.

The p[problem with Obama's "vision" is that in erecting the safety net without limitations on its duration creates a generational dependence on government which by necessity becomes larger and more inefficient. Oh wait. That's what the bastards want . . .
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 12:17:24 PM »

It's fine with me them creating another country as long as they create it outside America's boarders.
We should help them, foreign aid and such.
                                                               ::USA::  God Bless

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 12:46:36 PM »
On this notion that government exists to provide for you materially, Oleg Atbashian (webmaster of thepeoplescube.com) made the point that when government obligates itself to such provisions, it acquires the authority to manage your life for you. The end result of "right to a job" is that the government can tell you where to work and what your occupation will be. The end result of "right to housing" is that the government can tell you where to live. These are the follow-on effects that come from these lofty, flowery ideas about the state being there to provide for all. It's another perfect example of how leftists are oblivious to the tertiary consequences of their policies; they are guilty of what Thomas Sowell calls "first order thinking".

If you have the time, this entire video is worth watching. Oleg Atbashian describes his own life experience growing up and reaching young adulthood in the Soviet Union, and how all these material "rights" were in fact the mechanism behind state control of everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_aNNT7cFuQ
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 12:52:24 PM »
These people need to be eradicated from our nation.  They are diseased beyond comprehension and deserve none of the benefits of living in a free society.

They can go build their centrally-planned nightmare somewhere else and if they all wind up killing ech other I won't shed one bloody tear!

::mooning::

::doublebird::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

RickZ

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 01:35:52 PM »
Verlerie Jarrett.  Now there's someone whose funeral I could enjoy.

Jarrett's the real power behind the throne, not Mooch-elle.  All Mooch-elle wants is 'homegirl got hers'.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 01:54:21 PM »
She meant to say give 48% of the people who do not pay taxes a livelihood....Or the democratic base.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
WH ADVISOR ON GOVT'S REAL ROLE
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 02:02:19 PM »
"Explaining Obama's vision for America, the President's top advisor, Valerie Jarrett told the audience that Obama believes government's role is "to give people a livelihood..."
See the clip HERE. ::curtsy4::

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/obamas-senior-advisor-valerie-jarrett-to-african-americans-the-point-of-government-is-to-give-people-a-livelihood-so-they-can-provide-for-their-families/ ::gaah::

Why isn't this Cretan wearing a Mao Suit? You put Janine Garofalo and Janice Napolitano together with a sprinkle of Rosie O'Donnell, and you get Valerie Jarret! ::puke::
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:09:42 PM by jpatrickham »

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: WH ADVISOR ON GOVT'S REAL ROLE
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 02:04:23 PM »
link stink
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 02:11:23 PM »
Topic merged.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 03:39:36 PM »
She meant to say give 48% of the people who do not pay taxes a livelihood....Or the democratic base.

^^But the irony is those people don't want to work!

And the ones who agree with her who do work don't want anyone else to have more than they do.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 08:33:03 PM »

^^But the irony is those people don't want to work!

And the ones who agree with her who do work don't want anyone else to have more than they do.

So true ::outrage::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 02:06:09 AM »
" .... it's a vision based very deeply in values ..."

Wrong , jerk-off ! It's "a vision" based very deeply in Karl Marx !

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 08:39:09 AM »
I found this section very telling: "...And making sure that we are creating a country that's a country for everybody..."

Creating a country? That's for everybody? That already exists you dumb twat. But thanks for telling us that your goal is to fundamentally transform the country that already exists. It's reassuring to hear it from your lips every now and then.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 09:48:06 AM »
I found this section very telling: "...And making sure that we are creating a country that's a country for everybody..."

Creating a country? That's for everybody? That already exists you dumb twat. But thanks for telling us that your goal is to fundamentally transform the country that already exists. It's reassuring to hear it from your lips every now and then.

I am astounded by the hubris .......

"Making sure we are creating ... "?  Makes me want to punch her in the face.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 10:00:02 AM »
Unfortunately, around 1/2 of the country agrees with her.

We may be near the tipping point if we haven't crossed it already

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 01:13:25 PM »

except me......      :'(
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 01:24:46 PM »
Anybody remember Valarie Jarret sitting on a couch, lounging out, introducing Van Jones to the World? Well I do, and all I want to do is see her thrown in Federal Prison with the rest of the Obama Nazi's. Just curious, ya think! Valarie did a Lewinsky on Obama? ::puke::