Author Topic: Palin OUT  (Read 4468 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Palin OUT
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2011, 04:14:32 PM »
I tend to agree with Charles, although I s'pose time will tell.

But I don't see the loyalty and goodwill she has with the tuned-in middle-American conservative base evaporating. She'll still draw a crowd, and as long as she keeps interjecting things like "pallin' around with terrorists", "Death Panels", and "Restore, not fundamentally transform" into the debate - in other words, as long as she keeps doing what she's been doing - I think she'll be relevant for a long time.

Now's not her time. She's been politically destroyed by the media and the establishment from both parties. But politically destroyed does not mean completely destroyed. And I think it is becoming glaringly obvious that the solutions to our problems are not going to come from politicians. They're going to come from the people. She can be a voice for the people unlike any other. From the energized way she talked about her future role on Greta a couiple nights ago, I think that is her intention.

In the immediate future, she's going to campaign against Obama and for the American people. She doesn't have to be running for anything to do that.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2011, 09:31:39 PM »
She's never needed the MFM to be an effective promoter of traditional conservative values and principles...she'll continue to advance the cause.  I just pray when the time comes for her to make an endorsement it isn't so late in the process that it falls on the wrong candidate.  I'd hate to dismiss her endorsement, but if the wrong candidate is endorsed I will be left with no other choice.  ABO isn't good enough, the stakes are too high and the time for a full 180 degree change from where we are now is called for.  100 degrees to starboard just isn't going to do it.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2011, 07:11:56 AM »
Huntsman, what a dick.  Why he feels the need to shoot his mouth off...?!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/huntsman-blasts-palin-for-stringing-people-along/

Hey Toilet, why do you persist in stringing along the GOP with your do-not-have-a-snowballs-chance-in-hell-of-winning campaign?

::mooning::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2011, 07:18:06 AM »
Any establishment Republican who doesn't have the sense to show Governor Palin some grace after all the bullets she's absorbed on behalf of liberty is clueless.

Huntsman is nothing. Actually, he is something: Barack Hussein Obama's ambassador to Communist China.

'Jasmine Revolution in China'? Epic Fail! American Ambassador got owned(02.20.2011,Beijing)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 07:23:18 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2011, 08:41:19 AM »
Huntsman....on the View......running down a conservative......Who'd a thunk? ::kiss-my-ass::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2011, 09:32:29 AM »
Huntsman, the hardcore radical moderate.

The GOP just won't ever learn. They think they have to pander to the indecisive and unprincipled, when in reality what they need to present is a consistent and cogent position of restrained government and free enterprise, and it will move the electorate's center of gravity in their direction. Reagan won in landslides and never made pretenses toward centrism.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2011, 01:14:50 PM »
Huntsman, the hardcore radical moderate.

The GOP just won't ever learn. They think they have to pander to the indecisive and unprincipled, when in reality what they need to present is a consistent and cogent position of restrained government and free enterprise, and it will move the electorate's center of gravity in their direction. Reagan won in landslides and never made pretenses toward centrism.

They pander to the indecisive and unprincipled because that's who they are also. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2011, 03:07:52 PM »
Palin not running for president

October 5, 2011
    Wasilla, Alaska
    After much prayer and serious consideration, I have decided that I will not be seeking the 2012 GOP nomination for President of the United States. As always, my family comes first and obviously Todd and I put great consideration into family life before making this decision. When we serve, we devote ourselves to God, family and country. My decision maintains this order.

My decision is based upon a review of what common sense Conservatives and Independents have accomplished, especially over the last year. I believe that at this time I can be more effective in a decisive role to help elect other true public servants to office – from the nation’s governors to Congressional seats and the Presidency. We need to continue to actively and aggressively help those who will stop the “fundamental transformation” of our nation and instead seek the restoration of our greatness, our goodness and our constitutional republic based on the rule of law.

From the bottom of my heart I thank those who have supported me and defended my record throughout the years, and encouraged me to run for President. Know that by working together we can bring this country back – and as I’ve always said, one doesn’t need a title to help do it.

I will continue driving the discussion for freedom and free markets, including in the race for President where our candidates must embrace immediate action toward energy independence through domestic resource developments of conventional energy sources, along with renewables. We must reduce tax burdens and onerous regulations that kill American industry, and our candidates must always push to minimize government to strengthen the economy and allow the private sector to create jobs.

Those will be our priorities so Americans can be confident that a smaller, smarter government that is truly of the people, by the people, and for the people can better serve this most exceptional nation.

In the coming weeks I will help coordinate strategies to assist in replacing the President, re-taking the Senate, and maintaining the House.

Thank you again for all your support. Let’s unite to restore this country!

God bless America.

– Sarah Palin

I just had to do this one more time! ::outrage:: ::gaah:: ::falldownshocked:: ::doh:: ::facepalm:: ::whatgives:: ::speechless::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2011, 03:20:27 PM »
Well JPat, as long as we're lamenting, swallow this from Rush...

Don't Hold Out Hope for Palin

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Steve in Sudbury, Massachusetts, welcome to the EIB Network. Hi.

CALLER: Hi, Rush. You know, it's extremely odd, as a longtime listener to your show, that you, so far, have said absolutely nothing about Sarah Palin's announcement not to run last week. I mean, the fact that you've said nothing is very, very curious.

RUSH: Really? You know, I...? (snorts) What does it tell you? What are you thinking about that?

CALLER: Well, I could only speculate that maybe there's something going on behind the scenes with Palin or maybe out to muddy the waters but --

RUSH: Well, well, well --

CALLER: -- what you said today led me to believe that if Romney was anointed very early, then there would be a lot of movement to get Palin in there -- whether, you know, it's a draft movement or there'd be time to get her in to counteract Romney. But maybe like you said this morning, that the Democrats are trying to keep the Romney battle going for a while by releasing the Romneycare, Obamacare connection, and by having Herman Cain so it look like there's a battle going on so Palin won't be able to enter. She'd only be able to enter if it was clear Romney was the only choice.

RUSH: Well, I don't know about that. If I haven't mentioned it (and I have to trust you), it's clearly an oversight. I just wasn't surprised that she wasn't gonna run. When I heard that she had made the announcement on my buddy's radio show, on Levin's show, it didn't surprise me at all. I never thought she was gonna run.

CALLER: That's very curious.

RUSH: No. It just wasn't the profile. I always thought that she was setting herself up to do something entirely different. I think I was right.

CALLER: Well, do you think that there was a Draft Palin movement for the brokered convention or some other means she would come back in?

RUSH: No idea. I've spoken to her twice, both times when I interviewed her here -- I think on the air once and for the Limbaugh Letter -- about her books.

CALLER: Well, I'll tell you one thing.

RUSH: I don't think so, though.

CALLER: From what I've seen, there's such a dissatisfaction with Romney by conservatives, you're gonna have another replay of the McCain people staying home unenthusiastic regardless of what you say, and it --

RUSH: Ha! Okay, now we throw a third monkey wrench into it. Okay, so here we go: "You pick it. The only way we can win this is if you pick a candidate."

CALLER: I'm just saying, I'm not sure --

RUSH: No, no, no, no. I'm not criticizing you. The other person says, "Stop criticizing Mitt Romney!" Then you come along and say, "No matter what you do you can't change voter turnout or enthusiasm." So I'm hearing the gamut today.

CALLER: Well, you know, the Eisenhower election, Eisenhower was drafted by other people. So maybe we can have a replay of Palin can come in like Eisenhower if there's no clear majority at the Republican convention because we're gonna need Palin. There's nobody else out there.

RUSH: Well, look, I wouldn't hold out hope for that because she never put together any kind of an organization.

CALLER: She has a different kind of organization. In the age of the Internet, she has thousands, tens of thousands of unpaid workers -- unorganized -- that will go out there and fight for her. She's different. It's a different organization. To say that she doesn't have an organization is like apples and oranges. It doesn't apply to her.

RUSH: Well, you may have a point about that. I have a friend who's just crushed, just crushed. He believed, a friend of mine in Hawaii, that the only chance this country had was if Palin ran.

CALLER: She's the anti-Obama! She's the clearest difference from Obama.

RUSH: I don't disagree. Look, I don't disagree with you about that -- and I can't tell you how frustrated I got and still get when I travel around. I have friends scattered all over the country and I've got quite a few of them, particularly the wives, who just hate her. They just hate her! It is beyond rational. It's beyond rational. There's no way I can talk to 'em about it. That's incidental to the story.

CALLER: I'm hoping there's something going on behind the scenes, some kind of strategy that others get her to come back in. That's what I'm hoping.

RUSH: Well, I wouldn't hold out hope for that. She made a pretty public splash that "I'm not running."

CALLER: Well I know I'm speaking for a lot of people that have signed petitions and that are out there pushing for her that really want her, that need her to come back in.

RUSH: See, I think she's probably right. She doesn't need a title to be effective, just like I don't.

CALLER: She does. That's not true -- and, you know, the reason she gave for not running, her family? I guess on Mark Levin she said that it was her family --

RUSH: Yeah?

CALLER: -- and then later on Greta Van Susteren she says, "Well, 'cause she wants to spend time helping Congress." I can't believe those are real reasons, because those reasons --

RUSH: Well, then what do you think it is?

CALLER: -- have existed a long time before.

RUSH: What do you think is the real reason?

CALLER: I think it was two things. Something happened in the 11th hour that the Republicans just made it clear that there's no way she's gonna get in through conventional means, and she said a number of times --

RUSH: Ah, that would have fired her up.

CALLER: Well, but she can't get in through conventional means she's gotta go in through the side door, some other way.

RUSH: Well, that's what you want her to do.

CALLER: Well, I want her to be receptive to a Draft Palin movement.

RUSH: Well, you can hope for anything.

CALLER: I know a lot of people would.

RUSH: Okay.

CALLER: And maybe that's what she's waiting for.

RUSH: You don't like the fact that she's pulled out. Is there somebody in second place?

CALLER: Well, obviously Cain would be the only other one but like you said: Cain doesn't have the money.

RUSH: Well, you're awfully puzzling.

CALLER: Cain is fine but he doesn't have the money.

RUSH: You're awfully puzzling because you are calling here -- you need to be told this, Steve.

CALLER: Yeah?

RUSH: You are calling here, you are openly questioning Sarah Palin's judgment --

CALLER: Well...

RUSH: -- and yet you want her to be president.

CALLER: I would want to carefully review her words. What she said was she's not running for the GOP nomination "at this time."

RUSH: That's right.

CALLER: So maybe if other people push her to go in or at some later time, or even --

RUSH: There's no shortage of people that were begging her to run.

CALLER: Well, but now with her out of the race you've got different dynamics. If she was in the race, you wouldn't be focusing on Romney like you were now. Now with her out of the race --

RUSH: You've got practical things like filing deadlines coming up, some are within a week now, so I think it's time to move on. I think it's time to let go and move on.

END TRANSCRIPT

As I've said before, it is the systematic political destruction of this fine patriot that has me dismayed more so than the fact that she's not running. It's the implications. If wailing and gnashing of teeth can destroy this bold and fearless champion of conservative values and render her non-viable as an elected official, who can ever hope to weather what she's weathered? Who would seek it, aside from the politically ambitious and self-interested?

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2011, 03:40:30 PM »
I didn't read her book(s?), so I don't know if her positions on specific issues, like dealing with the illegal aliens, are included there.  I haven't listened to or read much of any of her speeches since '08, and I don't Twitter.  What I'm saying is I don't know where she stands on many things, although others probably do, and the reason for this is I will not be disappointed again like I was with GW, ever, and so I'm not disenheartened that Palin isn't running because I don't "know" her.

I don't know, either, that she's "what/who we need" while a great many others believe she is, in spite of the virulent and senseless hatred of her by yet another group.

Just to speculate, it may be that she's not running precisely because that hatred will galvanize opposition in just the way we cannot afford in '12.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2011, 03:53:23 PM »
What I see, is an or else! If Romney is on the road to our John McCain moment, Sarah Palin could rush in and create such a tidal wave of enthusiasm, and Patriotism, it would engulf all before it. Including the Devil we have at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Sarah Palin never was a Candidate, She is an Idea, a Clean Slate that this Country hasn't seen in quite a long time, maybe, ever! Sort of, an America-Phase II

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2011, 05:31:50 PM »
What I see, is an or else! If Romney is on the road to our John McCain moment, Sarah Palin could rush in and create such a tidal wave of enthusiasm, and Patriotism, it would engulf all before it. Including the Devil we have at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Sarah Palin never was a Candidate, She is an Idea, a Clean Slate that this Country hasn't seen in quite a long time, maybe, ever! Sort of, an America-Phase II

Filing deadlines in several key states are looming within a couple weeks. Around Halloween, if I'm not mistaken. If a candidate hasn't declared by then, they'd be running as a write-in. If Palin rushes in, it will be to endorse a conservative against Romney. Personally, I don't see her taking sides until Obama's opponent is identified. She's a conservative, but  Republican conservative. She'll support whomever the nominee is.

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2011, 08:08:58 PM »

She's gonna momma bear Romney
and also endorse someone as her primary choice if necessary.
Tactically and strategically now is the time to lay back, things are very
unstable.  Inserting herself into the mix would only add to the confusion.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2011, 08:10:56 PM »
I have decided that I will not be seeking the 2012 GOP nomination for President of the United States.

As stated, that leaves some wiggle room.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2011, 08:18:47 PM »
If Romney is the pick and she doesn't run as an Independent...?

Well, I'll be going Galt so voting will be the last thing on my mind...

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2011, 08:26:52 PM »

Filing deadlines in several key states are looming within a couple weeks. Around Halloween, if I'm not mistaken. If a candidate hasn't declared by then, they'd be running as a write-in. If Palin rushes in, it will be to endorse a conservative against Romney. Personally, I don't see her taking sides until Obama's opponent is identified. She's a conservative, but  Republican conservative. She'll support whomever the nominee is.

Romney quite possibly would be a pretty good 2 year President. With the Economy and all, he would have his hands full just straightening out the Obama-Up. I believe his Conservatism would lag going into the third year, and by the end of his first term, well that's where Sarah comes in. If he doesn't energise the base with true Conservatism, Mrs Palin will be waiting in the Bull Pen to relieve his sorry ass ets!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2011, 08:46:24 PM »
Sarah seems to be running the Reagan template pretty close...got her foot wet, endured a measure of rejection from within the party (at the hands of the Ruling Class pukes, damn their miserable butts to hell!) and I think that is why she is bowing out this go around.  I think she thinks she'll be better positioned in 2016.  The big problem I have is I don't think we'll make it to 2016, so her wait will be in vain.  I've said all along we have one shot to get this right, and they way it is going now we are going to blow that shot.  Perhaps it was meant to be.  Whatever.  I'm looking to myself and my family first.  Nothing else matters.  If not enough people see that, well, what are you going to do?

I'd like to think Sarah would respond to being drafted into an independent run, but I think IDP and others are right...no shining knight to the rescue is in the offing...she'll back whoever the GOP nominee is and that will be that.

Too bad, I had some hope, but precious little of that commodity remains within me.