Author Topic: We're in Deep Trouble if these Survey Numbers are True  (Read 1278 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
We're in Deep Trouble if these Survey Numbers are True
« on: October 05, 2011, 08:34:31 PM »
Filed under 2012 Election, Culture, Economics, Media, Politics

"A new Barna Survey reveals shows that 48 percent of those surveyed rated President Obama’s honesty as “excellent” or “good” on a five-point scale. Nearly 70 percent gave the same ratings to Obama on the intelligence factor. The most shocking number is that 45 percent found Obama’s philosophy of government to be excellent or good.

Among Protestants, Obama received the best scores on honesty, intelligence and philosophy of government. Rick Perry was close behind on all three characteristics. The two had nearly identical scores on leadership ability.

I don’t get it. How can these numbers be as high as they are given the fact that unemployment is in the 9 percent range, the economy is stalled, spending is out of control with calls for more spending, we’ve been involved in toppling two foreign governments, and there are calls for higher taxes on the most productive members of society?

What do we make of the latest Washington Post-ABC News poll that says “Four in 10 Americans ‘strongly’ disapprove of how President Obama is handling the job of president in the, the highest that number has risen during his time in office and a sign of the hardening opposition to him as he seeks a second term”? Something’s not right.

If the President Obama is so smart, then why doesn’t he understand that you don’t fix an economy by raising taxes and adding more regulations on businesses? Then there’s the teleprompter thing. Do you remember how the media poked fun of Ronald Reagan because he used note cards? Obama can’t give an address without the use of a teleprompter.

Sure, Obama may be book smart, but that doesn’t mean he’s economic smart. His ideology has gotten in the way of the facts of history and the fundamentals of economics, and his accomplices in the House of Representatives, the Senate, and the media are covering for him.

The honesty results are equally puzzling. President Obama continues to blame everybody and everything for the failing economy except his own policies. Three years of blaming George Bush are enough, so now the down-turn in the economy is being blamed on the weather, the tea party, millionaires and billionaires, the Japanese earthquake, and the American people for being “soft.” We’ve seen this before:

In 1979, as the U.S. was reeling from skyrocketing interest rates, high unemployment and an energy crisis, President Jimmy Carter delivered a televised address that would later infamously be labeled, “the malaise speech.” He never used the word, but rather blamed the poor economy in part on a “crisis of the American spirit.”

Unlike Carter, whose popularity plummeted in the final two years of his presidency, Obama’s is still high.

I don’t get it. Maybe Obama is right, Americans have gotten soft . . . soft in the head."
::falldownshocked::

Read more: We’re in Deep Trouble if these Survey Numbers are True | Godfather Politics http://godfatherpolitics.com/1341/were-in-deep-trouble-if-these-survey-numbers-are-true/#ixzz1ZxcJbLfG

I'm still trying to figure out how Obama got elected in the first place. ::whatgives::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: We're in Deep Trouble if these Survey Numbers are True
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 08:46:16 PM »
I don't get the polls that say voters like him.

What's to like?

He comes off as a cold fish and self-centered doofus.

If he's so smart why can't he fix anything?  Blaming the republicans doesn't cut it because someone "THAT" smart should be able to figure out a solution.

On the other hand, you can like someone and still not want to vote for him.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 08:48:36 PM »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 09:09:22 PM »

...and they are so in the tank for him they are jiggering the numbers hoping to influence the outcome.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 09:10:41 PM »
I don't pay much attention to polls.  I've always believed that they are more about molding and shaping public opinion than reflecting it.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 09:17:59 PM »

...and they are so in the tank for him they are jiggering the numbers hoping to influence the outcome.

The only numbers that count will be cast in 13 months.Jigger that.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 09:26:50 PM »

January 31 Florida will have its primary. The losers of that primary will have great difficulty gathering enough momentum and votes to overcome the Florida winner.  Whoever wins the Florida primary, the first primary, in
in all probability will be the Republican nominee.  Our nominee.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 09:45:42 PM »

January 31 Florida will have its primary. The losers of that primary will have great difficulty gathering enough momentum and votes to overcome the Florida winner.  Whoever wins the Florida primary, the first primary, in
in all probability will be the Republican nominee.  Our nominee.

I hope we don't then spend the next 10 months explaining the choice and defending it.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 09:53:34 PM »
This poll would be so easy to skew in so many directions.....and we know it was.
I'd say an "honesty" vote of 48% is extremely low, considering race, the threat of labeled a racist or bigot and plain ole human nature. Hell, it's easy to state "he is a nice guy". Only 48%..... He is in deep doo doo.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 11:20:45 PM »
The Bradley Effect

Beat me to it. A lot of people who I will casually discuss politics with express the same degree of puzzlement over BO's inexplicable favorability rating. Then I will explain the Bradley Effect and the light bulb goes on over their heads and they say, "Oh, yeah..."

It makes total sense.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 11:27:46 PM »
This poll would be so easy to skew in so many directions.....and we know it was.
I'd say an "honesty" vote of 48% is extremely low, considering race, the threat of labeled a racist or bigot and plain ole human nature. Hell, it's easy to state "he is a nice guy". Only 48%..... He is in deep doo doo.

If I could only be an eyewitness to BO actually being in deep doo doo. I get all misty eyed just thinking about it.

It could be on pay per view.

I'd pay for it.

I'd have friends over for beer and pizza.

I'd order the commemorative photo set of the event.

Good times, good times.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 11:43:24 PM »

If I could only be an eyewitness to BO actually being in deep doo doo. I get all misty eyed just thinking about it.

I'd pay for it.

Good times, good times.

oh, yeah!   ::beertoast::

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 03:27:55 AM »
That poll is B.S. The questions were jiggered to manufacture a desired result .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 06:42:42 AM »
That poll is B.S. The questions were jiggered to manufacture a desired result .

SSDD!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 08:45:27 AM »

I'd pay for it.

Good times, good times.

It could be made into a set of wall plates.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 09:10:10 AM »
Just read an article from AP in my very Liberal newspaper about 1 in 3 think the Wars the last 10 years have been a waste. Most, also said Obama a waste as Commander in Chief. Hope to get this article and publish it.