Author Topic: Obama White House Targets JW over Michelle Obama Travel  (Read 1700 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Obama White House Targets JW over Michelle Obama Travel
« on: October 08, 2011, 08:37:32 AM »
Friday, 07 October 2011 18:00 Tom Fitton

"Last week I reported to you that Judicial Watch had received mission expense records and passenger manifests for Michelle Obama’s family vacation to Africa. Per the documents, we calculated that the total cost to American taxpayers was $424,142 for the flight and crew alone. Other expenses, such as off-flight food, transportation, security, etc. were not included.  

Well, shortly after our documents were splashed all over the news, the Obama White House responded. As you might expect, they did not concede the cost of the trip. In fact, they said we got it wrong.

“The number stated is misconstrued and out of context,” said an unnamed White House senior official.

That is utter disinformation.

We came up with our number based on specific directions given to us by the United States Air Force!

As you will recall, Judicial Watch filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit against the U.S. Air Force to get hold of documents related to former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s abuse of military aircraft. On January 3, 2011, we received a letter from the Air Force that explains how to calculate the fuel costs for military travel. Here is the relevant excerpt:

Our office was provided 100 pages of responsive records from the 89th Airlift Wing (A W) at Andrews AFB; however, they do not have records specifically related to the fuel costs incurred for Ms. Pelosi's transportation. The 89A W Public Affairs office provided the following link to the OSD Comptroller public website at: http://comptroller.defense.gov/rates/fv2011.html where, along with the aircraft type and hours flown, you can determine the approximate cost per flight. The releasable documents attached contain the type of aircraft and hours flown.

Example: Mission # 16888 shows ETE (Estimated Time Enroute) as 05+45 (5 hours and 45 minutes) and return flight was 4 hours and 45 minutes. The Aircraft type was C3 7, found on page two. Go to link: Change Fiscal Year to 2010, find Air Force heading, then locate C-7A under Type. Cost per hour is $1623.00. Therefore, 10 hours would = $16230.00. The hourly costs are derived from various charges, to include local maintenance, depot maintenance, personnel, etc.

We used this exact same formula to calculate the cost of Michelle Obama’s trip. So if the White House has a beef over the numbers, it’s with the U.S. Air Force, not us. But really this response has nothing to do with the numbers.

Regarding the nature of the trip, the unnamed senior White House official also argued “against any suggestion that this trip was a vacation,” noting there were 5-7 official events each day. But was it really necessary for Michelle Obama to bring her daughters, niece, nephew and mother on this “official” trip (or a separate make-up and hair stylist, for that matter)? What role did any of them play in helping to advance the business of the United States? Would the entire mission have been at risk if Michelle Obama had not brought her extended family along for the ride or for the safari?"

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2011100714665/us/politics-and-economics/obama-white-house-targets-jw-over-michelle-obama-travel.html?

All this would have flown under the radar but, didn't Michelle and her Butt ::bigmooning:: need a C-7 or one of those Ginormous Cargo Planes to haul Her where she wanted to go? ::saywhat::

« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 08:41:50 AM by jpatrickham »

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Obama White House Targets JW over Michelle Obama Travel
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 08:41:23 AM »
I want a f**king reporter to ask Jay Carney when the Obama daughters became "Senior Staff", and what their role is as senior staff members.

That is nothing short of fraudulent use of taxpayer dollars. They expect us to turn a blind eye because it's the president's children. Fraud is fraud.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 08:45:05 AM »
I want a f**king reporter to ask Jay Carney when the Obama daughters became "Senior Staff", and what their role is as senior staff members.

That is nothing short of fraudulent use of taxpayer dollars. They expect us to turn a blind eye because it's the president's children. Fraud is fraud.

Wouldn't you just like to grab Jay Carnie by his scrawny little chicken neck and sqeeze? Sorry, just a Fantasy I have been having! ::angel::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 10:36:44 AM »
“The number stated is misconstrued and out of context,” said an unnamed White House senior official.

Oh...well..alrighty then, we'll just be moving along.

Great Googly Moogly! Is there a Journalist in the house?!

How about, "Thanks, unnamed White House senior official. Maybe I didn't carry the 1. How about you break down the figures for us and show us our error?"

Bluff~n~bluster - that's all they have.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 11:40:27 AM »

At conviction part of the sentence should be repayment of all extra- protocol expenses.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 02:12:15 PM »
Further evidence, as if more was required, that we do not have a news media.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 05:09:16 PM »
It's our fault to let them have this much rope in the first place. That plane is for official use only. She holds no title in our government and therefore should fly commercial on her dime.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 05:34:04 PM »
One day, if there is any justice, we will see tell all books by the rubes who defend the obamas every (mis)step.

Not that I would buy a carney tell all, but libs have no ethics, so I believe the books will flow.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

RickZ

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 03:55:13 AM »
It's our fault to let them have this much rope in the first place. That plane is for official use only. She holds no title in our government and therefore should fly commercial on her dime.

You know, honestly?  I think that's a little overboard, JF.  First Ladies often do represent the country in official gatherings or on trips.  And, yes, a First Lady has been known to go off on her own at government expense.  So I don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.  But I will say, what with the extreme extravagance disdainfully displayed by our royal couple, the haughty Michelle Antoinette and Louis XVI, towards us peasants, the Obamas have taken grifting to a whole 'nother level:  They've grifted an entire first world country.  And like the movie Paper Moon, they use their two Senior Staff kids in the con.

RickZ

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 04:11:38 AM »

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 07:59:38 AM »
...First Ladies often do represent the country in official gatherings or on trips.  And, yes, a First Lady has been known to go off on her own at government expense....

But they never, ever, ever bring their gaggle of children and extended family along, listing children as "Senior Staff". That is essentially looking the taxpayer in the eye and saying "F*ck you" with a smirk.

ETA: That cartoon is one of the best political cartoons I've ever seen.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 09:14:13 AM »
One thing that hopefully will be said about the Øbongo's - they supplied the incentive to redefine propriety. In typical tu quoque fashion the left says that they haven't done anything that anyone else hasn't also done. I don't know that this is true but I do know that they took advantage of every opportunity and stretched the envelope further than anyone has ever done before.

They are the very definition of wretched excess.

I suspect that there will be new guidelines that walk some of these back to something more closely approaching responsibility and a sense of decency (both of which totally absent with the Øbongo's) that future presidents and their families will have to live with.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 10:28:19 AM »
I can't make up my mind, will the Obamas be compared to Louie and Guenevere, before the French Revolution, or the Chauchesku's of Romania before their ouster? ::thinking::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 10:55:57 AM »

You know, honestly?  I think that's a little overboard, JF.  First Ladies often do represent the country in official gatherings or on trips.  And, yes, a First Lady has been known to go off on her own at government expense.  So I don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.  But I will say, what with the extreme extravagance disdainfully displayed by our royal couple, the haughty Michelle Antoinette and Louis XVI, towards us peasants, the Obamas have taken grifting to a whole 'nother level:  They've grifted an entire first world country.  And like the movie Paper Moon, they use their two Senior Staff kids in the con.

What was the official message to Africa that that whole bunch of friends and relatives brought?How many listeners do you think went on Safari with her?They ccan call it whaever they want but it's still a turd in the end.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 11:01:27 AM »
It's the latter J-Pat.

And somebody should tell Carney there is a reason why bullsh*t stinks.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 11:06:05 AM »
One thing that hopefully will be said about the Øbongo's - they supplied the incentive to redefine propriety. In typical tu quoque fashion the left says that they haven't done anything that anyone else hasn't also done. I don't know that this is true but I do know that they took advantage of every opportunity and stretched the envelope further than anyone has ever done before.

I suspect that there will be new guidelines that walk some of these back to something more closely approaching responsibility and a sense of decency (both of which totally absent with the Øbongo's) that future presidents and their families will have to live with.

I'm cross posting this:

It's a Reuter's photo so in order to view you've got to click the link.  It's worth it. 
Click then scroll down just a tiny bit.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Angela+Merkel&view=detail&id=60F083E50C2C36361CDA62B8DCA3B029ED7009C1&first=181&qpvt=Angela+Merkel&FORM=IDFRIR

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 11:47:58 AM »

I'm cross posting this:

It's a Reuter's photo so in order to view you've got to click the link.  It's worth it.  
Click then scroll down just a tiny bit.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Angela+Merkel&view=detail&id=60F083E50C2C36361CDA62B8DCA3B029ED7009C1&first=181&qpvt=Angela+Merkel&FORM=IDFRIR

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=buffalo%20butt ::thumbsup::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 12:06:52 PM »

Yes, and within propriety, one would expect her to wear a slip.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 12:13:39 PM »

Yes, and within propriety, one would expect her to wear a slip.

I wasn't sure that they made them that large so I went online and checked. They do have them, but they are listed under "Awnings"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 08:35:55 PM »
 ::rolllaughing::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.