Author Topic: Romney Advisers Helped Draft ObamaCare  (Read 940 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Romney Advisers Helped Draft ObamaCare
« on: October 11, 2011, 08:33:28 AM »
This is just all wrong. This guy CAN'T be our nominee.

Romney Advisers Helped Draft ObamaCare

Mitt Romney and Barack Obama never met to discuss the federal health care law, but Romney's advisers did.  New records reviewed by NBC News's Michael Isikoff point out that "White House officials had a dozen meetings in 2009 with three health-care advisers and experts who helped shape the health care reform law signed by Romney in 2006."  One meeting, NBC News reports, "was in the Oval Office and presided over by Barack Obama."  Jon Gruber, one of the advisers who attended the Obama meeting, said that the White House "really wanted to know how we can take that same approach we used in Massachusetts and turn that into a national model." Especially in light of Perry's recent "Romney Remedy" ad, Romney is distancing himself from Gruber like an embarrassing ex, as aides have tried to suggest Gruber wasn't a really an adviser to Romney. However, as Isikoff writes, Gruber was "personally recognized by Romney when the governor signed the health-care bill into law" as well as "appointed by Romney as a board member to the Connector Authority."  Gruber himself has a few, possibly damaging, words for Romney:

[blockquote]I think he is the single person most responsible for health care reform in the United States. … I’m not trying to make a political position or a political statement, I honestly feel that way. If Mitt Romney had not stood up for this reform in Massachusetts … I don’t think it would have happened nationally. So I think he really is the guy with whom it all starts.”[/blockquote]
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

Re: Romney Advisers Helped Draft ObamaCare
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 11:22:01 AM »

He was also for cap and trade.

If he didn't have so much money he wouldn't be on that stage tonight.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 11:32:20 AM »

Everyone on stage tonight needs to drive a steak into the beast!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 09:29:18 AM »

Everyone on stage tonight needs to drive a steak into the beast!

Perfect Libertas, my feelings exactly. I strongly believe that this RINO is only running for the prestige that he believes the title will give him. He hasn't any core values what so ever.
You can bet his religious affiliation to the Mormon church is superficial at best. In the best of DemoRat tradition he's allied himself with organizations, with the mere purpose of projection so that the population can relate to him in such matters. Just like Kennedy was a supposed Catholic, his actions were exactly the opposite of what the Church teaches and demands it's flock to do or abide.

Why on God's green earth would anyone in their right mind desire this flip flopp'in ass wipe to be leader of this once great nation is well beyond my understanding. ::puke::

Talks like a liberal, policies are like a liberal and lies through his freaking teeth like a liberal, must be a freaking liberal. Go home Mitt Willard Romney, go home. Do what you do best, gut companies and sell what's left of them.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 10:58:30 AM »
I agree.  He talks a nice game, but look at what he does!  I made the comment before that he reminds me of AlGore, he is the Repub version of that pompous clown!  It's all talk, all packaging and smoke & mirrors...you HAVE to look at what he's done, period!

On that basis alone there can be no doubt he is the wrong man at the wrong time.

ABO will not work if the GOP throws Romney into the General Election, the ObamaBots will destroy him utterly and America as we once knew it will cease to exist.  And if we think that is the best we can do, then America is dead already.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.