Author Topic: Get a D**n Job You Hippie  (Read 2568 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Get a D**n Job You Hippie
« on: October 11, 2011, 12:36:39 PM »
Funny website with some mildly NSFW words: www.getadamnjobyouhippie.org

Apparently the blog owner took pictures at his local "Occupy..." temper-tantrum and made some into that motivational poster style. My Favorite:

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Get a D**n Job You Hippie
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 12:51:28 PM »

As I read some of the responses to the above, many of them nasty, it occurs to me that many people have it so jumbled up in their heads exactly what and who is responsible for the mess we're in today, that even when the history is written, they still won't understand and believe.  Then again, that won't be a new thing either.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 02:46:52 PM »
 ::cool::

Good stuff there G!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 03:38:01 PM »
Some of the responses indicate just how stupid some are....and how inadequate their degrees.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 03:47:53 PM »
The problem with these idiot kids is that they were raised in the era where everyone got a trophy, just for participating.  Now they try to enter the workforce and wonder why the guy that got better grades gets the job and all they have to say is "Hey, I participated too, where is my job".

In my day you were only recognized if you were in the top of whatever you participated in.  This taught me that in order to be recognized I had to be better than everyone else and I strived to be the best I could at what ever it was (I like recognition).  These idiots think that it's OK just to have been there and they deserve something just for that.

The parents, teachers, and administrators that fostered this "everyone is great" paradigm should all be ashamed of themselves for the weak attitudes that are so obvious in OWS.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 03:50:53 PM »
The problem with these idiot kids is that they were raised in the era where everyone got a trophy, just for participating.  Now they try to enter the workforce and wonder why the guy that got better grades gets the job and all they have to say is "Hey, I participated too, where is my job".

In my day you were only recognized if you were in the top of whatever you participated in.  This taught me that in order to be recognized I had to be better than everyone else and I strived to be the best I could at what ever it was (I like recognition).  These idiots think that it's OK just to have been there and they deserve something just for that.

The parents, teachers, and administrators that fostered this "everyone is great" paradigm should all be ashamed of themselves for the weak attitudes that are so obvious in OWS.
Amen! ::thumbsup:: ::beertoast::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 03:52:47 PM »
...The parents, teachers, and administrators that fostered this "everyone is great" paradigm should all be ashamed of themselves for the weak attitudes that are so obvious in OWS.

They should, but they're not. Instead, they are marveling at the socially conscious fruit of their labor.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 03:59:01 PM »
...The parents, teachers, and administrators that fostered this "everyone is great" paradigm should all be ashamed of themselves for the weak attitudes that are so obvious in OWS.

They should, but they're not. Instead, they are marveling at the socially conscious fruit of their labor.

Which reminds me to add:  the socially conscious fruit of their labor are deeply anti-Semitic.  Managed to catch some of Beck's and Levin's clips of them spouting their bigotry and hatred -- and they don't give a flyin' frig either -- they're out there loud and proud.

I just ran across a piece advising that the Occupy Wall Street website is heavily and hastily scrubbing the comments there, to the tune of 40 or more at a clip, of the Jew-bashing.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 04:10:48 PM »

Maybe that's why I act out so much  ;D