Author Topic: Energy customers have temper tantrum at rate increase hearing  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Energy customers have temper tantrum at rate increase hearing
« on: October 12, 2011, 08:51:14 AM »
This is happening in my neck of the woods. The local power utility is requesting a 17% rate increase from the state utilities commission, and all the predictable moaning and wailing has commenced. Now, I am certainly not thrilled about paying more for anything, but having a firm grasp on the principle of cause and effect I recognize the origin of this inevitability and am resigned to its imposition.

What is illustrative is that the loose alliance of grievance-mongers that constitute the Left are out in force complaining in predictable fashion about the proposed rate increase -- fat cat corporation making profits on the backs of the Pore & Starvin' while ruining Gaia -- while totally ignoring the driving force their own mandates play in necessitating the rise in prices. As Rush points out frequently, the Left have an entirely static view of economics and never account for the dynamism. They are always outraged that people and businesses don't just eat the cost of their asinine mandates.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/10/12/2684474/crowd-jams-hearing-on-duke-rate.html
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Energy customers have temper tantrum at rate increase hearing
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 09:06:06 AM »
Ah, North Carolina.  So a room full of Perdue voters.  You expected a collective IQ above room temperature, did you?

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 09:28:06 AM »
I caught a bit of local news when I was in Charlotte last week. I noticed a reoccurring theme of the talking heads regarding "green". One news story had Øbozo demanding a doubling of automotive mileage rates and the talking heads come in nodding their heads in Bobblehead fashion and saying "Won't that be nice".

Then they spoke a story about garbage rate increases (I didn't catch all of it) and how the company was instituting this recycling plan. The one female responded, "Well that's good for the environment" (I noticed that her eyes never blinked).

I wasn't there long enough to strike up conversations with that many locals but it appeared very passive, very conciliatory, and more than a little creepy.

My point: leftists chose the direction of energy prices when they chose their 'leaders'. They are just now begging to reap the bitter fruit. They need look no further than a mirror for the authors of their own misery.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 09:35:32 AM »
It's eerily similar to the crowds of angry protesters at an Islamic rally looking to drum up support of the annihilation of both Jews and Israel.  ::grouphug::

Ye we're all aware of the fact, leftist can only function with group think, logic be damned. ::facepalm::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 10:17:28 AM »

It's necessary that enough voters are able to discern between logic and looney,
Judging by the governor y'all need some help. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 10:44:57 AM »
I caught a bit of local news when I was in Charlotte last week. I noticed a reoccurring theme of the talking heads regarding "green". One news story had Øbozo demanding a doubling of automotive mileage rates and the talking heads come in nodding their heads in Bobblehead fashion and saying "Won't that be nice".

Then they spoke a story about garbage rate increases (I didn't catch all of it) and how the company was instituting this recycling plan. The one female responded, "Well that's good for the environment" (I noticed that her eyes never blinked).

I wasn't there long enough to strike up conversations with that many locals but it appeared very passive, very conciliatory, and more than a little creepy.

My point: leftists chose the direction of energy prices when they chose their 'leaders'. They are just now begging to reap the bitter fruit. They need look no further than a mirror for the authors of their own misery.

And of course the real problem arises when these morons insist upon sucking us down into their hell with them.  I wish they'd have enough class to just go to hell alone!  But nooooooo!  So I am left coming up with ways to get them there without me...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 02:32:12 PM »
A temper tantrum, you say?  Fckin' morons; just wait until electricity is not only dear but scarce.

Duke wants the rate increase to build new plants and upgrade what can be -- pollution equipment is not cheap -- and some old plants need to be retired.  Behold the response to this:

Kneidel called coal and nuclear plants risky investments.

"It's not fair for consumers to pay more so Duke can attract investors to these risky ventures," she said.

Coal and nuclear are risky!!?  These are tried and true energy-generators, but I suppose Kneidel may be correct about some of the risk; it was Duh Wun, after all, who promised to bankrupt coal-fired power plant operators. 

I see no one brought that up, at least as reported by the newspaper, or had anything to say about the unreliability and HIGHER COST of solar/wind/renewables.  Which, I'm outraged to tell you, the formerly Dem-controlled NC legislature -- assisted by a few "Republicans" -- mandated be the source for a certain percentage of power generation by Duke and Progress Energy, and which certainly must account for some of the rate increase.

I have to stop now; my BP has rocketed just thinking about all of this bullsht, the environazis, the statists, and these stupid, stupid people.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 03:46:32 PM »
The only thing "risky" about coal or nuclear generation is the margin of success given the lunatic left and its penchant for over-regulation.

(No small animals were harmed in the making of this comment)  ::eyes::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 08:06:06 PM »
My father was in this industry a long time...I half wish rates would go astronomical or plants close as a result of leftist stupidity...if it didn't wind up also hurtng those of us who didn't fricking ask for it!

::gaah::

::outrage::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.