Author Topic: It's About Liberty: Budget Cuts  (Read 897 times)

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
It's About Liberty: Budget Cuts
« on: October 14, 2011, 10:10:16 PM »
I thought I would start a thread for people to throw in what they think should be cut from the United States D.C. budget.

I'll start:

1.  Within 4 years, close down 2/3rds of overseas military bases.  Those troops; put on the borders.
2.  Abolish the Department of Education.. completely.. utterly.
3.  Trim the EPA back to cleaning up toxic spills.
4.  Abolish Social Security. (Send them to their local church and/or family)
5.  Abolish Medicare. (Send them to their local church and/or family)
6.  Abolish Medicaid.  (Send them to their local church and/or family)
7.  Allow a 1:1 tax write-off for ever dollar donated to a church/charity (police sham churches created for tax evasion).  If you owe $3000 in taxes... give $3000 to a church and you owe the federal government nothing.  The church can then use that money to tend to the medial needs, and other needs of those coming to them for help (see points above 4, 5, 6).

I can probably think up a few dozen more... anyone want to add to these?  Or pull one of them out (or those to come) to discuss them in more depth?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: It's About Liberty: Budget Cuts
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 10:43:46 PM »
Cut off the UN, confiscate its property on US soil, and sell to the highest bidder.
Cut off all foreign aid to non-friendly countries.
Make all earmarks illegal.
Try and execute the Obama administration for treason, write off any future pension to their estates.
Reduce congress to one 45 day session per year, between which they would return to their home districts and states.
Require 10 laws be repealed for every one passed.
Outlaw all extra-legislative regulation.
No more omnibus bills.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 10:52:43 PM »
Those are great!

You both have covered most of the ones I've been thinking about.  I'll have to see if I can think of any others.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 10:57:55 PM »
Determine which Federal lands are absolutely necessary for government operation, determine which monuments are particularly valuable, sell the rest.

Defund and delete every alphabet agency.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 11:03:26 PM »

I made this point when I was in the 10th grade. My very liberal Humanities teacher had asked what single law would we pass if given the chance. Most kids gave the usual, "Outlaw war" or "Make people love each other" dreck. I had read about the piles~n~piles of laws on the books and figured that this one made the mose sense.

You would have thought I had advocated the outlawing of abortion or something (I knocked her on her heels with that too)  ;D

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 11:09:16 PM »
Cut off the UN, confiscate its property on US soil, and sell to the highest bidder.
Cut off all foreign aid to non-friendly countries.
Make all earmarks illegal.
Try and execute the Obama administration for treason, write off any future pension to their estates.
Reduce congress to one 45 day session per year, between which they would return to their home districts and states.
Outlaw all extra-legislative regulation.
No more omnibus bills.

Sell tickets for the executions and the right to be THE executioner.
Sell of most of the land the Fed has over the years stolen or bought illegally.
Dissolve the 9th circuit court of appeals.
Dramatically shrink the dept of state and all the "BS desks"
Absolutely no more education loan guarantees(this will force universities to drop their rates, their ridiculous way over the top credit requirements to graduate. Don't you think 120 cr is a bit much for the idiots they're turning out?)
Shrink or abolish the dept of agriculture, interior, propaganda ministry, reform or abolish the FDA.
Abolish Energy Dept and the little bullsh*t subs, nuclear regulatory agency.
Incentive energy production and creation.
TSA needs to go as tell!
Dept of transportation and and and
new Amendment that defines what Islam really is, a political cult and outlaws it. That right their would help our security situation.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 11:17:14 PM »
End federal subsidy of the housing market

get rid of post office

end all "national public " anything--radio, tv, endowments,etc etc
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 11:44:52 PM by LadyVirginia »
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 12:26:28 AM »

Elected office is a service one gives to his country.
They should receive room and board at a barracks
a small per diem.  They make their living back home.

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 12:33:42 AM »
I'll give this some time to build and develop and discussions to take place.  I'm really impressed with all the ideas already (and so fast).. you people really are on your game.

Then....

I'm going to compile the ideas and see if we can't come up with actual $ figures (estimates) in what sort of real dollars would be saved.  Likely our numbers won't have the basis in reality.. but then again.. any budget cuts actually done in D.C. are made up numbers anyway. (heh)..

But maybe we can find government budget numbers for things that we are cutting... and tally up how much money we're really affecting with our ideas.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 08:03:08 AM »
There are a number of good proposals out there.
I believe the Cato Institute has a good one

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 11:53:07 AM »
Hell, if you give US the carving knife, we'll eventually end up with just a kick-ass military and an Interstate Highway system!  ::danceban::

::beavisbutthead::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 01:48:04 PM »
I'm thinking along IDP's lines...might be easier to list what we want and everything else gets whacked.

I want a defense dept, a miniscule treasury dept, a miniscule state dept, and just one miniscule domestic dept to minimally staff government operations.

Everything else must go!

And kick the effing UN out of my nation!  They can rot in Kabul or Ulan Bator for all I give a damn!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 02:21:02 PM »

I'm definitely in favor of keeping the USCG.