Author Topic: Presidential Campaign Fundraising  (Read 3993 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Presidential Campaign Fundraising
« on: October 16, 2011, 03:06:29 PM »
Wow! look at all that Obamacash!

Team Obama hyped its third-quarter fundraising and the “watchdogs” of the establishment media lapped it right up. The WaPo’s Dan Eggen, in a story headlined “Obama far outpaces his GOP rivals in third-quarter fundraising,” was typical.

And after reading the piece you come to understand that the Republicans have out raised the democrats. To top it all off I noted another facet that the author did not touch on. The fact that there is one democrat and eight Republicans. Everyone on the democrat side knows who their candidate is and is sending that guy their money. No one on the Republican side knows who their candidate is yet. I'd wager that means that there are some Republican donors sitting out the political donations for now...until they find out who their candidate is going to end up being.

Regardless, this is obvious cheer leading on the part of the media for Obama and the democrat party. Seems they are attempting to demoralize the Republican voters by illustrating that the 'fight is over before it's even begun'.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Presidential Campaign Fundraising
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 03:32:04 PM »
Seems they are attempting to demoralize the Republican voters by illustrating that the 'fight is over before it's even begun'.

You could be referring to the Ruling Class Republicans as well with that sentence.  The "Romney is inevitable" mindset is demoralizing as hell, including the scorn dripping on the other seven runners.  Out of distaste for Romney, I think, folks have started defending their favorite of any other of the runners beyond all reason.

This election is going to get ugly on both sides, I suspect.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 04:14:14 PM »
Wonder how much of the obamacash is the result of the ponzi schemes of the unions.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 04:40:37 PM »
As noted a few weeks ago, Obama is not raising the cash in Chicago like he was last time around. 

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,3087.msg34344.html#msg34344

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 05:10:07 PM »
Quite right LV...I'm having doubts he's going to hit his even billion that he was going on about. I wonder how the media will spin that if he misses that benchmark?
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 05:15:10 PM »
Seems the large donors are dissing him behind closed doors and the small individual donors are broke.  Wonder how the foreign donations are going this time 'round?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 05:59:04 PM »
Seems the large donors are dissing him behind closed doors and the small individual donors are broke.  Wonder how the foreign donations are going this time 'round?

Those donors are probably busy rioting.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 05:51:42 AM »

His small donors will have to "tithe" from their Wellfare checks ... same reason he pushed to extend unemployment benefits . He expects a piece of that action too . It's all a kick-back scheme .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 07:04:17 AM »

His small donors will have to "tithe" from their Wellfare checks ... same reason he pushed to extend unemployment benefits . He expects a piece of that action too . It's all a kick-back scheme .

Yeah, like Ms. Welfare Queen & Mr. Dont Wannajob are gonna pass up on more smokes and booze and instead cut a check to Oblahmah!

More than likely it will have to be unionistas, Wall Streeters & foreign bag men bailing him out.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 10:07:19 AM »
So if the GOP raises more money than a Dhimm, money is bad and we need to get the money out of the campaigns. If a Dhimm raises more money than the GOP, money is good? ::thinking::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 10:18:29 AM »
Correct AlanS...now apply that 'trueism' to everything under the sun concerning left vs right.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 03:52:05 AM »
That silly bastard Al Crapton was shooting his mouth off last night on MSNBC about Cain's connection to the Koch Bros. Of course he didn't want to talk about the Dem's relationship with George Soros or his own extortion rackets . I'm glad though that MSNBC added his sorry little ass to their line-up . Just one more nail in their coffin .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 06:52:59 AM »
And remember, all the taxpayer money he is blowing on his class warfare tour is supposedly to push for his dead and decaying jobs bill, these are not political events he's going to on our dime!

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2011/10/white-house-insists-obamas-next-bus-tour-isnt-political/1

Riiiight!

Once more he is exposing himself to the people...   ::mooning::

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 10:23:49 AM »
@Libertas:

Yeah he is wearing his Marxism right out there on his sleeve. Trouble is, how many voters care enough to pay attention?
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 11:01:49 AM »
That silly bastard Al Crapton was shooting his mouth off last night on MSNBC about Cain's connection to the Koch Bros. Of course he didn't want to talk about the Dem's relationship with George Soros or his own extortion rackets . I'm glad though that MSNBC added his sorry little ass to their line-up . Just one more nail in their coffin .

They're working toward being the first crossover cable station. 
An innovative method to increase the number of viewers.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 11:26:53 AM »
@Libertas:

Yeah he is wearing his Marxism right out there on his sleeve. Trouble is, how many voters care enough to pay attention?

Ignorance of the truth is not going to go very far when the bullets start flying...

::)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 11:40:45 AM »
@Libertas:

Well, there is that, to be sure!
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 01:20:03 PM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/10/18/gop-candidates-outraising-obama-in-battleground-states/

So far, the focus of the campaign coverage has mainly settled on the big-but-not-spectacular numbers from Team Obama.  Those compare favorably to the fundraising activity of Obama’s potential rivals in the Republican primary — but only when considered individually.  Eric Ostermeier at the University of Minnesota’s Smart Politics blog looks at aggregate fundraising for Republicans, especially in swing states, and discovers that Obama might find himself in serious trouble once the GOP settles on a nominee.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 01:34:06 PM »
All those states Obama norrowly won last round, are likely flipped, the next tier are in play.

That is until we learned how easy it is the interfere with voting machines...I think the level of fraud the Left will commit this election will set a new high...er low...whatever...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 02:04:32 PM »
And remember, all the taxpayer money he is blowing on his class warfare tour is supposedly to push for his dead and decaying jobs bill, these are not political events he's going to on our dime!

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2011/10/white-house-insists-obamas-next-bus-tour-isnt-political/1

Riiiight!

Once more he is exposing himself to the people...   ::mooning::

Now he's out touting how much more agreeable to Republicans the Jobs Bill will be in pieces.  He's a walking talking live demonstration of the meaning of insanity:  repeating the same action expecting different results.