Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 35869 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Walking Dead
« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2013, 08:07:54 PM »
I was just looking on Wikipedia and the actress who plays Beth (Maggie's sister) is 28! I seriously thought on the show that she was about 14.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

RickZ

« Reply #181 on: November 01, 2013, 01:54:25 PM »
Okay, couldn't resist.  (From bonz at GCP)

Now where did I leave my friggin' crossbow?

RickZ

« Reply #182 on: November 07, 2013, 06:10:56 AM »
I was channel surfing this morning and came across a 1969 movie on AMC, The Gypsy Moths.  There was a young actor who I recognized by voice, but couldn't immediately place.  After a second or two, I realized it was Herschel.  I then looked up Scott Wilson's acting bio.  I didn't connect any of the following:

1)  He was the killer Dick Hickock in In Cold Blood;

2)  He was the prisoner, Harvey Oberst, sharing a cell with Sidney Poitier in In The Heat Of The Night:

HO:  "You think he could bring me a cheeseburger?"

Tibbs:  "Onions?"

HO:  "Now you're talkin'."

http://movieclips.com/M9Arv-in-the-heat-of-the-night-movie-keep-cool-harvey/

The things you (re)discover surfing the 'net.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #183 on: November 07, 2013, 07:05:18 AM »
Nice pics Rick...I think them folk look more like themselves than the media normally shows us!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #184 on: November 07, 2013, 01:10:35 PM »
I think those pics are an insult to the brain dead. Everyone knows the walking dead is much smarter than a walking Dem.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

RickZ

« Reply #185 on: November 18, 2013, 03:51:04 AM »
** SPOILER ALERT **

Dumb question:  On tonight's episode, the grandpa with lung cancer dies.  No one bites him but he still turns.  Do all the dead turn, even those not bitten?  Did I miss something?  I thought you had to be bitten to turn, or does that just accelerate the process?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #186 on: November 18, 2013, 05:48:45 AM »
Everybody alive has the "bug"; I think it's a virus.  You die, you turn.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #187 on: November 18, 2013, 06:42:23 AM »
Everybody alive has the "bug"; I think it's a virus.  You die, you turn.

Too bad, if only libiots and muzzies are carriers...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #188 on: November 18, 2013, 07:39:25 AM »
Yup. You die; you turn.

I wonder what circumstances will lead to the impending death of the Guv's new "daughter" being blamed on the prison gang? Cuz ya gotta know it's coming.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #189 on: November 18, 2013, 07:17:59 PM »
I started watching this a couple weeks ago and absolutely love it. I'm right at the beginning of Season 3 and last night just finished the episode where Lori was given a C-section/dies as a result. I think I got something in my eye watching the end of that episode last night.  :'(

I really like the way that Darryl's character is developing - instead of doing the typical Hollywood thing and using his character solely to beat up on rednecks, the writers seem to have an actual purpose for his character (when I first started watching I immediately assumed that the writers would use his character as a whipping boy for the right - which they may - but so far I'm impressed that they've resisted the urge and haven't turned him into some weird freak that molests kids and dons a tea party t-shirt in every episode, so I guess kudos to the writers for that.)

Otherwise I'm loving the show and hope to get caught up soon. We've been watching it on Netflix and now the husband is out of town until Fri so I think I just might have to cheat a little bit and let him catch up/fend for himself when he gets back later this week.  ;D I'm dying to catch up!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2013, 03:27:20 PM »
HERSHEL!!!

::falldownshocked::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #191 on: December 02, 2013, 03:37:44 PM »
HERSHEL!!!

::falldownshocked::

Oh please!  Don't get me started!

Stomped around here muttering to myself for must've been fifteen minutes last night.

And, too, their "mid-season finale" crap, until February.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #192 on: December 02, 2013, 04:00:08 PM »
He was a likable character, for sure. His death was grizzly, heartless, and cruel, as was the manner of it in front of his daughters.

The Governor did not pay adequately, in my opinion. But he did get paid by the right person. I like her much more this season, BTW, now that she's more than just the untrusting scowl.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #193 on: December 02, 2013, 05:27:12 PM »
( I'm so bad with names)

Thought it was ironic the black dude was saved by the kids.....who were taught by Carol....... who killed his sweetie. Damn.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #194 on: December 02, 2013, 05:57:36 PM »
He was a likable character, for sure. His death was grizzly, heartless, and cruel, as was the manner of it in front of his daughters.

The Governor did not pay adequately, in my opinion. But he did get paid by the right person. I like her much more this season, BTW, now that she's more than just the untrusting scowl.

Mishawn didn't end him; she walked away and left him there.  His new paramour shot him.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #195 on: December 02, 2013, 08:01:31 PM »

Mishawn didn't end him; she walked away and left him there.  His new paramour shot him.

True. Michonne left him to become a walker/biter. The dumb chick he was boinkin' stole her thunder.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #196 on: December 02, 2013, 08:02:37 PM »
( I'm so bad with names)

Thought it was ironic the black dude was saved by the kids.....who were taught by Carol....... who killed his sweetie. Damn.

Yup. Tyrese. That kind of creative writing is what was missing in several episodes in season one and two. I think for the most part they've hit the mark this season.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #197 on: December 02, 2013, 08:45:09 PM »
The stark truth is what I like about the show. It is not who "deserves to die!" It is just who dies.  I wonder if they (the writers) sometimes roll the dice. I did not expect Herschell but the episode was extraordinary. And men like Herschell are bound to die. The real surprise was that they killed off the Governor so easily.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #198 on: March 24, 2014, 12:12:14 AM »
So where is everyone at with this now?  I was mad about Hershel getting killed.

** Spoilers from Episode 14 below **

Easily one of the most intense episodes was last week's, the one where Carol is forced to put Lizzie down like a mad dog.  I was genuinely shocked at the realization, along with the characters, that Lizzie had stabbed her sister to death.

I don't know how you would handle such a scenario.  You could clearly never have Lizzie with you from that point on.  It was clear for a while already that she was very dangerously delusional about the nature of the walkers, and finally her delusions had driven her to prove she was right by creating new walkers: first out of her own sister, and baby Judith was just about to be next.  She would always endanger any people she was with, either by attracting walker activity or trying again to convince the unbelievers.  What was the alternative?  Leaving her to her own devices?  That would have been the same thing as killing her.

Prediction:  "Just look at the flowers" is going to become a whole meme unto itself.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #199 on: March 24, 2014, 02:29:30 AM »
Bored, pretty much.

I'd have put Lizzie down like the mad dog she was.  "We don't kill people" doesn't apply to those who will and do.