Author Topic: Upcoming Democrat National Convention  (Read 1976 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Upcoming Democrat National Convention
« on: October 20, 2011, 11:20:20 AM »
Intensive riot training preps officers for DNC

Almost every day, police in Charlotte are getting ready for the Democratic National Convention.

Almost every one of Charlotte-Mecklenburg's 1,700 officers are going through three days of intensive riot training. Police allowed Channel 9 a behind-the-scenes look at how they're doing it.

Police said they expect that the federal government will pick up the bill for the riot gear equipment.

Police don’t have a total estimate on how much the training will cost, but a department spokesman said the past four police departments tasked with protecting people at the DNC received about $50 million in grants.

A) These democrats have the testicular fortitude to CLAIM that the Tea Party is violent...when the police have to set aside special funding and training days in order to 'prepare' for the DNC!

And...

B) About 50 million in federal grants going to pay for this DNC at taxpayer expense! Shouldn't that money be coming out of the democrat party's coffers?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 02:12:00 PM by trapeze »
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Upcoming Demcorat National Convention
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 11:42:24 AM »
A)  These morons have a zillion times more to fear from their own loony base than they do from the Tea Party, but do not underestimate their ability to plant a false Tea Party troublemaker they can manufacture a story around!

B)  Yes, funds should come from DNC, not one taxpayer penny should be allowed to cover one iota of this cost!  Lame-ass RNC should be filing lawsuits to that effect as we speak to preempt that waste of taxpayer wealth!

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 11:55:46 AM »
I'm hoping for a replay of Chicago '68 !

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 11:59:06 AM »
May be the Kent State moment wanted by the Deutsch-bag ........
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 12:01:19 PM »
I know right? It's REALLY telling when law enforcement and the democrat party is actually preparing for riots at their own national convention - though it is not specifically stated in this story, my gut tells me that what they're worried about is the OWS crowd.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 12:05:15 PM »
I know right? It's REALLY telling when law enforcement and the democrat party is actually preparing for riots at their own national convention - though it is not specifically stated in this story, my gut tells me that what they're worried about is the OWS crowd.

You may right. I don't see the OWS as currently comprised as the problem; it will be the dirtbag, infiltrating radicals.

And, YES, the DNC ought to be footing the bill for this; I'm sure NC taxpayers will be "chipping in", too.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 04:15:48 PM »
We can chaaaaange da world . . .
won't you please come to Chicago, or join the other side.

Chicago

and Big A's favorite line?

" . . .rules and regulations, who needs them?"

LMBOSAO
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 04:19:15 PM by BigAlSouth »
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 04:35:34 PM »
I would love to treat Demcorat National Convention like the boat ramp at one of my favorite camping sites.
Grab a lawn chair, and a cooler then watch the mayhem begin, but unfortunately this is a whole different monster.
Keep your friends close, your enemies closer, and your powder dry! 
 ::facepalm:: ::bashing::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 04:40:35 PM »
I guess Obama could always whip out his Nobel Peace Prize and calm the unwashed masses with his awesomeness...maybe right after he causes the seas to recede and all that?
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 04:48:08 PM »
I'm hoping for a replay of Chicago '68 !

Me too.

Hippies never learn:

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 04:53:25 PM »
I guess Obama could always whip out his Nobel Peace Prize and calm the unwashed masses with his awesomeness...maybe right after he causes the seas to recede and all that?

If only.  Apparently he was all talk and no show.  Color me surprised.  ::falldownshocked::

I have family that lives in Charlotte and really don't want to see trouble there.  Used to love going to Charlotte but haven't been there in years. I s'pose it's different now.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 03:01:16 PM »
LINK

Barack Obama insists that corporations and lobbyists will have nothing to do with funding the Democratic National Convention, a requirement that has put convention organizers into an $20-million hole.  They recently tried to get unions to fill the gap, but apparently didn’t get much response from their sales pitch.  On Thursday, the co-chair of the convention told Politico that he’s certain the unions will write the big check … eventually:

Rogers might still believe that unions will contribute, but he also apparently has a back-up plan.  Politico reports this morning that the publisher of the “official” convention magazine has hit up the American League of Lobbyists to buy some advertising, despite the supposed ban on their participation in the event:

So far, the response to this sales pitch more or less matches the response from the unions … pound sand.  Howard Marlowe tells Politico that the league doesn’t have the money for that kind of advertising, but if it did, he’d buy one that tells Obama to “stop bashing lobbyists.”  Or at the very least, stop bashing lobbyists while issuing a snowstorm of waivers to hire them and finding backdoor ways to beg for money from them.

Meanwhile, the pledge against corporate money looks expired as well:

The new “evolution” from the DNC is that none of this money will go toward the formal nominating process, which consists of spending an hour or so polling the state delegations, or for Obama’s speech at, er, Bank of America Stadium on the last day of the convention.

Look, I'm sure they'll dredge up the cash either by hook or by crook because that's just how the leftists roll. But it is still pretty entertaining watching them have to go through all these political and fundraising gymnastics in order to get there.  ;D

Hey, I have a great idea! Why don't they just ask Obumbles...I hear his war chest is overflowing with bling!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 04:05:53 PM by BMG »
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 03:52:58 PM »
I think it's hilarious how badly they're bungling North Carolina. They chose it because it's an important swing state, but so far everything they've done has been to push NC back to the GOP.  Even before the Marriage Amendment, they were already heaping scorn on the state for being a right-to-work state. Rather than employing local businesses, they've been bringing in outside union work because they don't want any of their money going into a right-to-work economy. Then WTF did you pick NC?

Then when NC overwhelmingly voted in favor of declaring marriage to be 1 Man + 1 Woman, they really ratcheted up their insults for the people of this state. Nice work morons! I look forward to your cynical, strategic selection of North Carolina blowing up in your faces when it goes back to Red this year.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 04:07:08 PM »
I think it's hilarious how badly they're bungling North Carolina. They chose it because it's an important swing state, but so far everything they've done has been to push NC back to the GOP.  Even before the Marriage Amendment, they were already heaping scorn on the state for being a right-to-work state. Rather than employing local businesses, they've been bringing in outside union work because they don't want any of their money going into a right-to-work economy. Then WTF did you pick NC?

Then when NC overwhelmingly voted in favor of declaring marriage to be 1 Man + 1 Woman, they really ratcheted up their insults for the people of this state. Nice work morons! I look forward to your cynical, strategic selection of North Carolina blowing up in your faces when it goes back to Red this year.

Further, the Governor that declined to run again, the one who suggested elections this year should be foregone, has insulted the citizens of two states over the Amendment results:  

NC Governor Perdue on Marriage Amendment: It Makes North Carolina Look Like Mississippi

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 04:32:15 PM »
Correction Bev: it makes North Carolina look like Mississippi and 30 other states.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 05:42:50 PM »
Correction Bev: it makes North Carolina look like Mississippi and 30 other states.

And instead of being proud, she has to slam the other 30. ::falldownshocked::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 06:50:44 PM »
We can chaaaaange da world . . .
won't you please come to Chicago, or join the other side.

Chicago

and Big A's favorite line?

" . . .rules and regulations, who needs them?"

LMBOSAO

First time listener:
                           "You can't ask Jack cause he'll turn the other ear"
                             This video states the reference was to Jack Kennedy.
                             Hell no, you lying SOB, you can't ask Jack he's dead.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 10:06:07 PM »
Naturally, Bev would have her state look more like Massoftwosh*ts where the queer lobby has run amok.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 01:36:05 PM »
LINK

Some Democrats are worried that the state party's inability to rid itself of embattled chairman David Parker could hurt their candidates' chances this fall.

It could be a good thing for North Carolina Republicans, though. 

"You have a rift between the Democratic party and the top-ticket Democrat in the state," said NCGOP spokesman Rob Lockwood. "That's a huge issue for their party overall with their messaging, with their fundraising, everything they do.  So it plays into an advantage for us."

Just updating the thread...
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 01:42:51 PM »
It matters to the extent that Dem bag-handlers are hampered in their doings...other than that, it's a PR blip...

In NC though, much more of a mortal political event to contend with for the Dem's!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.