Author Topic: Looks like the Totalitarian state is fast approaching!  (Read 2241 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Looks like the Totalitarian state is fast approaching!
« on: October 20, 2011, 11:33:54 AM »
How long till they start stopping individual cars and searching your 2 year old?

PORTLAND, Tenn. – You're probably used to seeing TSA's signature blue uniforms at the airport, but now agents are hitting the interstates to fight terrorism with Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR).
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Looks like the Totalitarian state is fast approaching!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 11:37:19 AM »
For cryin' out loud. People should flood them with calls. Make it useless to them.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 11:47:23 AM »
Oops!  I posted same subject in Judiciary section.  I'll delete mine & post comments here.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 11:47:48 AM »
TSA, coming to a highway or byway by you!

Report suspicious activity?

Sure, I'll report every vehicle I see with a libtard bumper sticker...you know they're guilty of something!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 12:34:33 PM »

Is a pickup truck suspicious?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 12:43:03 PM »

Damn right, redneck!  YOU are not saving the planet by minimizing your carbon footprint, therefore you are suspect.  A red truck earns extra suspect-points, dual-exhaust means you're the rebellious type looking for trouble and a rifle-rack is over-the-top, unnecessary terrorizing of the populace.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 12:45:52 PM »
Only if you're in it Charles!  ::thumbsup::

All kidding aside, according to the DHS the answer is, 'Yes - if it's driven by a conservative.'.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 01:44:32 PM »

The way I drive it is!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 02:21:02 PM »

Gonna' make a donation to the State Po leece and get me one of those, "I belong to the club" , rear window stickers.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 03:13:28 PM »
a rifle-rack is over-the-top, unnecessary terrorizing of the populace.

oh but so fun
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 04:43:32 PM »

Gonna' make a donation to the State Po leece and get me one of those, "I belong to the club" , rear window stickers.

::hysterical:: ::hysterical::
That just let's them know who the bad guys are 'cause nobody else is stooopid enough to give them money.  ::whoohoo::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 05:06:03 PM »
I had an encounter with the state police a couple weeks ago. I was doing 85 in a 60 - leadfoot is my vice. I gave the patrolman my license & insurance info as requested - along with my permit to carry. I pointed out the permit, and told him I was carrying a .38 in a pocket holster. He asked me to point to which pocket, so I did as I kind of raised my right hip off the seat to give him a clear view.

He took my info to his cruiser and was back to my window in 30 seconds - no possibility he had time to run a check.

He said, (paraphrased) "ya know what, I'm gonna send you on your way with a warning. Not enough people do what you just did, and I appreciate it. Just SLOW DOWN."

I think it's still time to give police the benefit of the doubt. For the most part they just wanna know we're on their side.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 06:47:57 PM »
I think it's still time to give police the benefit of the doubt. For the most part they just wanna know we're on their side.

So true. I know a couple LEO's and most of them are conservative, conscientious people.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 07:00:46 PM »
And a CCP tells them that you're probably not a criminal or a scumbag.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 07:06:04 PM »

I SOOO Love living here in Arizona.  No CCP required.  I carry 100% of the time and I didn't have to get on my knees in front of some board and register (gov. hit list of troublemakers).

But to the first post:  6+ months back the TSA was stopping Amtrak trains and searching everyone as they got off.  I can see if I can find old reports on it if you want.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2011, 07:30:16 PM »

I SOOO Love living here in Arizona.  No CCP required.  I carry 100% of the time and I didn't have to get on my knees in front of some board and register (gov. hit list of troublemakers).

But to the first post:  6+ months back the TSA was stopping Amtrak trains and searching everyone as they got off.  I can see if I can find old reports on it if you want.

I remember that; it gave me cause for concern when my parents rode Amtrak to visit here.  I'm here to tell you if the TSA tried that sh*t on my folks in my vicinity, I'd still be in jail.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2011, 08:02:03 PM »
Portland is 10 miles from my house. I- 65, from the Ky border to Nashville ( 35-40 miles) has to be the most policed piece of road in America. There are vehicles being searched daily.....and don't speed, because not only is the Highway patrol everywhere, the locals ALWAYS have some sort of speedtrap set.

I'm not sure why another program is needed. I'm sure there is a grant involved.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 02:39:08 AM »
Anyone know the license number of Stymie's limo ?

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts